397 replies to this topic

#161 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostSarriss, on 28 June 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

How are we only one page 3? WE SHOULD BE PINNED TO THE TOP SO THAT ALL CAN BASK IN OUR GLORY BAHAHAHAHAH sorry, that was just to mask a shameless bump in the name of the cards!

Totally agree Sarriss, then at least we wouldn't have to keep this bumping up!

#162 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, but it's like baseball, a batter hacking away, staying alive, hitting foul balls, until the pitcher makes a mistake and he rockets one out of the park. See, we are the batter, hacking away, bumping this thread higher and higher, waiting for that pitcher to make a mistake, then we hit it hard, and hit a home run which lands us back on the first page where a clan of this calibre belongs!

I watch a lot of baseball so I try to make everything baseball sooner or later...or Canadian football...which reminds me, that starts this weekend, so don't be surprised if you don't see me for a few days...

#163 Atham MacKinaw

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts
  • LocationColorado, U.S.A.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Out of curiosity, how is our roster shaping up? And are there any particular holes that could use filling? I've noticed a lack of interest in the Clubs in this thread in comparison to the other suits.

#164 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Well I suspect once the game goes live we'll see more of an interest in Clubs and Diamonds, and probably a few pilots moving out of the Spades division. It's not really an issue though. The division assignments are really just to give us an idea of pilots preferred play styles and to a lesser extent what mechs they own. I have no doubt that many of our pilots will have infighters and snipers and such on backup, even if it isn't their preferred play style.

As far as the roster size goes, we're doing pretty well with 35 pilots currently. Once me and Morson are done with the website (soon, hopefully), we'll add a roster page with a list of everyone we have.

Edited by Jace Nevada, 28 June 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#165 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

I got a pink hunchie, and a Teddy Roosevelt "bobble head". That makes me a club, but I'm not a progressive.

#166 Sillymicrobe

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hmmm, I noticed we have no actual website/forum for the Blazing Aces.... Perhaps something like this http://www.enjin.com/ would help create an organized, attractive, and easy to use means of communications between all the members. Plus, having an awesome looking Blazing Aces website may lure in some more recruits... Just a suggestion, at any rate. By the way, it also works with overwolf, which is exceedingly epic. :)
Oh, and I just noticed... you can advertise recruitment on the site too. http://www.enjin.com/recruitment

Edited by Sillymicrobe, 29 June 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#167 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

Silly, just to redirect your attention up the page to Jace's last post....in particular -

''... Once me and Morson are done with the website (soon, hopefully), we'll add a roster page with a list of everyone we have.''

Yes, there is a website in the near future... more importantly, the future also contains the glory of battle, the sizzling of laser fire and the sweaty cockpit of an overheating mech!

#168 Sillymicrobe

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

*facepalm* Wow. I feel very... special for not noticing that. ;)

Oh well, I have other ideas too, but I guess I'll refine them a bit more before I mention them from here on.

#169 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Nooooo keep the ideas coming.... if we get much bigger I think the whole website/ forums/ emails/ recruitment package could well be worth a look!

#170 t0ast

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Greetings, I have an application for you:

Reason for applying:
After lurking around here for a while, your recruitment thread finally piqued my interest. You appear to have a good history with these games and the skilled leadership + pilots to match. I like your disciplined approach, ranking / unit structures and the playstyle described here very closely resembles my own. I play to win by whatever means available and strive to constantly improve and perfect my skills, but do so in a very calm and controlled manner.

Experience/Background:
I wish I had a rich background with the MW online community to tout here, but alas, I don't. That said, however, I may have a few other helpful qualities to make up for it:

General MechWarrior / mecha game familiarity: I've loved the MW franchice ever since #2 and have played just about every available MW title there is. Once I ran out of those, I also picked up Steel Battalion, ChromeHounds, and Armored Core. I played online whenever I could but other distractions/responsibilities kept me from truly getting into them seriously during their peak periods. I intend to fix that mistake here :-)

All-around video game expertise: I've been HUGE into gaming and computers since age 5 (in the 90s) and that hasn't ever changed. Long story short, it was the focus of my education and has become my career today (Software Engineer for a major IT corporation). Having a long history with a huge number of games and a deep understanding of the underlying technology on which they run brings with it an incredible ease in being able to pick up just about anything in a matter of minutes and giving anyone a run for their money shortly thereafter.

Some leadership experience: I acted as a Rogue Class Officer in WoW for 3+ years. I was responsible for overseeing and improving every rogue we took in and helped to make my guild THE highest ranked "casual" raiding guild on my server (about 12th overall competing against 20+ "hardcore" raiding guilds). I had the opportunity to move up the chain of command, but declined. R&D and individual improvement is where I do my best work, so that's where I chose to operate.

Preferred Division:
In MW and almost any other game I touch, I generally opt for the sneaky / agile / fast style of play. As such, the Spade Division would be my ideal pick. Diamond would also be acceptable, as I've also spent a considerable amount of time running artillery/snipes in past MW games.

Availability:
Most evenings and weekends (U.S. Central)

#171 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Software engineer at a major IT corp. Sounds like there is a bunch of us IT gurus running around. Assuming your app goes through, let me be the first to welcome you t0ast.

#172 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Just for the record, I COULD install PHPBB on our server, but at this point in time me and Morson don't have any intention of running a forum. Google discussion groups aren't nearly as big of a security or administration problem, and we also really like the ability to read/post by email that Google gives us.

Once Morson is done with the graphics, the site will pretty much be good to go. It's mostly just going to be information about the unit, and also a file server when we need it. If we had someone intimately familiar with PHP and Flash we could definitely make it more complex, but for now we're just keeping it simple.

#173 Sillymicrobe

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hmm... I'm thinking when the game goes live, we should make a badass recruitment video propaganda thing. KJ Crow already came up with a cheesy but intuitive slogan "Don't play the hand you are dealt.... Join the Aces and stack the deck in your favor!" After all, the Aces have quite the reputation for kicking *** and taking legs (literally). Why play by everyone elses etiquette anyways? Count the cards and increase your odds of victory. Hmm, another slogan... I'm liking this whole deck of cards thing at my disposal.

Also: Counting the cards in Blackjack isn't cheating, it is merely frowned apon. Just in case you didn't know.

As for using flash on the webpage... I might look into that here soon, as well as some C++. I've been aspiring to become an independant game developer recently so I'll need these skills anyways.

Edited by Sillymicrobe, 29 June 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#174 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Euro Surrats needed. (bumpity bumb bump)

#175 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Dez, hopefully a couple more on the way!

#176 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

Attention "all hands on deck"...get it all hanndss. Join the Aces!

#177 Atham MacKinaw

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts
  • LocationColorado, U.S.A.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Shameless. Such a shameless bump. ;)

I enjoyed the pun, though, dezgra.

#178 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Oh no Dez, not you as well!.... the cheese must be contageous!

#179 Sillymicrobe

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Some nice crisp cheddar cheese with some crackers sounds good about now...

(bump) :)

#180 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm impressed we are actually on the first page! Now we just need to keep it there.

I don't actually have any ideas, I'm just the guy who points out the obvious then demands people acknowledge it and praise him for it.

BASK ME WITH YOUR PRAISE!

I swear I'm not high maintenance.

Edited by Sarriss, 03 July 2012 - 10:48 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users