#281 HelloKitty

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostNeoHax, on 06 November 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

will i be able to use my xbox 360 controller

i have made a setup with 360 controller.... the only real problem is the game won't recognize left or right trigger... but lump jets on joy stick down with feet on right joystick and camera on left joystick with zoom toggle as leftjoy press... right and left butter y x a b are the six firing groups.. hope this helps >^,,^<

#282 xREIVERx

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:36 AM

I use the AIMON XB Elite.
Originally bought for my 360 , it works well in-game on MWO.

For anyone who doesn't know it , it's a 'nunchuck' controller coupled with a multi-button gaming mouse...both have console type X'Y'A'B buttons on them.

The nunchuck is used in my left hand controlling speed,leg direction,engine shutdown,and the twin triggers at the front are useful for throttle and jump-jet...the four buttons behind the joystick stalk on the nunchuck can be configured differently from the corresponding X'Y'A'B on the mouse which I have for adv zoom , other weapon groups x2 , center torso.

Obviously the mouse is used as designed.

No cables , as they are wireless.
Battery life is good and they have been solid and reliable over the last 2 years of heavy usage.

The PC configuration software is slightly unusual at first till you get used to it..deadzone adjustment, key configs etc...after that the game key configs are stored within the usb stick ( transmitter ) itself.

10/10 from me.

Edited by xREIVERx, 18 October 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#283 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:48 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 23 October 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

If you are having problems setting up your joystick, add the following to your USER.CFG file:

cl_joystick_gain = 8
cl_joystick_sensitivity = 0.75
cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1
cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1
cl_joystick_invert_yaw = 0
cl_joystick_invert_turn = 0
cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.1

The things you'll want to play with are:
cl_joystick_gain - The higher this value is set to, the faster a full throw of the joystick is going to move the reticule.

cl_joystick_sensitivity - The smaller this value is set to, the more sensitive your joystick will become. E.g. a slight throw of the joystick will trigger the movement. i.e. If you set this number to something big like 5, you'll smash the crud outta your joystick trying to get anything to move (which is funny in itself).

cl_joystick_throttle_range - This is a flag to tell your Joystick to have a middle STOP zone when the throttle is centered. Pushing forward makes you go forward, pulling back makes you go backward and putting the throttle in the middle will make you stop. I HIGHLY suggest you don't mess with this value. No I'm not going to help you with anything if you've messed with this value.

cl_joystick_invert_throttle - This will make sure that when you push forward on your throttle, you're going to accelerate.

cl_joystick_invert_pitch - When this is set to 1, you will look up when you pull BACK on the joystick. You will look down if you press FORWARD on the joystick. This is how airplanes work and how you should leave it unless you're some sort of demon spawn that does it backwards. If you are demon spawn, then set the value to 0 if you want to look the wrong direction when pressing forward or back on the joystick.

cl_joystick_deadzone - This is the amount of non-movement wiggle room when you're joystick is centered. The smaller you make this, the less wiggle room there will be.

NOTE:
Remember, turning a Mech (it's feet) is a DIGITAL (on/off) movement at the moment. This means when you press left or right to turn your Mech, it turns just like you're pressing the A or D key on the keyboard. Slight movements on the joystick react like a key press. We know this is not how sim players want it and it should be small movements = slow turns. The problem is, the fix requires a huge code update on Mech movement. This is something we cannot tackle at the moment but it IS going to be addressed. We just can't give you a confirmed date of delivery.

hi paul, does this still work or is now superseded by the in-game sliders...

#284 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

I'm new to the joystick scene and I'm encountering one detail that I just really don't like. Figured I'd ask if I'm just doing it wrong before settling/giving up.

The behavior that I would like to prevent is having to hold the stick forward to maintain my speed (my j0_axis_y controls my analog throttle). I equate this to throttle decay on the keyboard (need to hold down 'w' or 's' or you eventually come to a complete stop).

What I would prefer is that if my stick is forward (doesn't need to take into account how far forward, could just be an on/off scheme), I accelerate up to max speed and stay there after I return the stick to neutral. If I need to decelerate, I would accomplish that by pulling the stick down until my throttle reached 0 and then I would start to back up if I continued to hold the stick back. While I'm backing up and I return the stick to neutral I would continue backwards at whatever throttle setting I reached before I returned the stick to neutral (could be anywhere from 1% to 100% depending on how long I pulled the stick back).

I want the j0_axis_x to function normally. Stick in neutral I'm not turning at all. Slightly left/right and I turn left/right slowly. Hard left/right and I turn left/right sharply.

Is this possible in the current UI or is there a third party program I could use to achieve this?

Any help even if it's to tell me I'm SOL is appreciated.

#285 Noel Shourai

Rookie

• The Angel
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hello.

I have a Saitek X52 HOTAS and Pro Flight rudder pedals. I followed most of instructions on the first post of the page, (I made my own SST profile that removes all the modes and Pinkie shiftstates) and the controls in general are working fine with no apparent deadzone or sensitivity issues at the moment. The throttle itself works properly when inverted and set to full range (having the throttle at 0% means the Mech moves backwards, 50% is neutral, 100% is full speed).

However, when I set it to half range, 0% is read as full speed, and 100% is read as neutral; putting the Mech in reverse sets 0% as full reverse, and 100% as neutral. Unchecking invert throttle in the game options seems to do nothing other than setting the Mech in reverse again, with the exact same characteristics mentioned. None of the options in the user.cfg seems to change this.

Is there a way to invert the throttle properly so that 0% is read as neutral and 100% is read as full speed based on the direction setting when in half range mode?

#286 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:28 AM

You probably have tried this already, however Ill put it up here anyway.

Have you tried inverting the throttle in your SST profile and then relaunching the game? It seems like if your using a joystick profile software that MWO gets all pissy about seeing the changes. I make sure I load up my TARGET and XPadder profiles in advance of launching the game.

#287 Noel Shourai

Rookie

• The Angel
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

Unfortunately, the SST profiler can't reverse the axis.

The profile I'm using actually is a general profile, so no actual buttons are bound to any of the game's controls, it's just so I can use the Pinkie as an actual button rather than a shiftstate, combined with some other issues I've had with SST on my computer. I bind commands in-game instead or using JoyToKey. (it's a long story)

Alternatively I've tried the Universal Joystick Remapper with MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries, and theoretically that might work with MechWarrior Online as well but I have not tested that thoroughly--however, in my experience with the remapper in MW4, doing so conflicts with the SST profiler to the point that I actually have to reinstall the Saitek drivers to get them working again even when I uninstall vJoy and the remapper, and also makes the buttons completely non-functional; Windows and the remapper can detect the button response, but games and other joystick profilers won't.

#288 Psimon Drake

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

Any word on when (if) PGI will support Joysticks with MW4 type behaviour?

#289 mclang

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostDomenoth, on 30 October 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

What I would prefer is that if my stick is forward (doesn't need to take into account how far forward, could just be an on/off scheme), I accelerate up to max speed and stay there after I return the stick to neutral. If I need to decelerate, I would accomplish that by pulling the stick down until my throttle reached 0 and then I would start to back up if I continued to hold the stick back. While I'm backing up and I return the stick to neutral I would continue backwards at whatever throttle setting I reached before I returned the stick to neutral (could be anywhere from 1% to 100% depending on how long I pulled the stick back).

I'm also looking for this.

Pushing Joystick forward whole time makes me usually also turn a bit in so I get disoriented in the heat of battle. Keeping joystick forward also stresses my hand unnecessary. It would be SO much better to be able to configure joystick axis as throttle WITHOUT the decay.

I have seen this kind of setup somewhere but can't find it now. Or maybe I'm thingking MW4?

I think I have seen this kind of setup somewhere, but I can't find the config anywhere. Can

#290 Dave222

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

Mad Catz V.1 flight stick is a cheap piece of poo that works great in this game use it with your left hand and mouse in your right

#291 ronin

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

I am interested in testing the current stat of the flight control setups. I want to use my TM Hotas X for the test. Do I need to set the config as per Paul's early posts or what is the best working config right now for the TM Hotas X?

#292 Kiblams

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostDave222, on 05 December 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Mad Catz V.1 flight stick is a cheap piece of poo that works great in this game use it with your left hand and mouse in your right

I use this stick with my left hand too, it works great and i am really enjoying the game now I am using it. Aside from inverting the throttle, I have had no extra set up needed at all.

I will have a play with the settings tonight to see if there is a way to set up so that you don't have to hold it forward for forward momentum as others have asked; and let you know what I find.

Edited by Kiblams, 09 December 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#293 mclang

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:00 AM

I have a problem.
I never thought that I'd buy Thrustmaster Warthog Flight Stick because it is SO expensive. Furthermore, I'm not even casual flight sim player so I really don't need it... But there was one in really good sale so you propable gues what happened :)

I'm wondering how I can use that stick in MWO... Is it usable as left hand joystick, or am I forced to learn to use mouse with my left hand? Or is MWO nowadays playable with normal joystick setup, provided that I setup things properly with TARGET? Then again, if I use that Warthog with my right hand, how can I control the legs... maybe with my old joystick (or mouse) in the left hand?

Any opinions and/or helping TARGET setups to share?

#294 Kiblams

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

I simply set up my keybindings and axis stuff in 'controller' menu and it works. I use mine for throttle and turning with all the buttons I need to play. Use my mouse in my right hand, dead easy to set up.

#295 Baruti Madu

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinios

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Eyyo!

So, i have seen the general post that started it all by Paul, and I'm about to set this in. It seems tho that I can presume I'll run into issues with using the Thrustmaster HOTAS X Flight.

Right now, through the game I can get the buttons (5,6,7,9,10 that are my weapon groups) Everything else is non responsive. I have been using Razor Naga and Razor Orbweaver (Both working great)

Does anyone have an XML file or suggested config file? It seems the default will work, but i figured SOMEONE has already been through this and Id like to hear from them, or if anyone's got some suggestions.

#296 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

View Postronin, on 08 December 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

I am interested in testing the current stat of the flight control setups. I want to use my TM Hotas X for the test. Do I need to set the config as per Paul's early posts or what is the best working config right now for the TM Hotas X?

I know your post is a month old, but no, you do not need to set the config. I've been using the TM Hotas X without it for almost 2 years now.

#297 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

My wife droped my TM Hotas X and now its dead :(

Replacements cost about the same for a saitek x52, should i switch?

#298 NeoRocket

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

View Postshotokan5, on 25 November 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

The people who ask for our money should be solving these problems. 1 the game engine was never made for a joystick. 2 its on low priority no matter what they say. For you to be having to program your own joystick. Is like buying a new car and having you put the electrical system in. _____ to that. I love this game a lot and its getting better. I wish someone would give a darn about are unimportant problems . Someone gave me an answer because I said I had all the bindings working except one. The forward and back pitch on the joystick was backwards . should we be trying to fix their screw-ups when they have 5 and probably because of us 6 mil and we do the work for them. I have installed business systems since 1979 and do you think I would expect the company to do my work? This is BS. Im retired now but trust me their would never an WA engine purchased unless they did the work before purchase. Even some TECHS say that personally. O my answer to my question to the tech was the same old crap look here and look their. Non of it had anything to do with my question their binding of forward or backward movement of the stick. Ill probably will end up having to get my 8th X52 . But to pay money and do their work wake up guys that's ____ ____, Stop programing and start why you are paying for a game that will not help you and give you the old company line. I even get better service from Sony. The world has gone insane in my old age. Shotokan5.. They are however doing a great job in many other areas. Things we only wished for less than 10 years ago are here now. Thanks for that.

Ok I just have to say this at this point. I haven't read all the pages of this thread so if already mentioned then I apologize. What I want toi say is this. As far as addressing "joystick" issues as if it has never been done well does anyone remeber when Microsoft picked up the franchise? They released a version that begged joystick with a twist. In fact I bought a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3d and then also a Micrsoft Thrustmaster 2 both with a twist just for the Microsoft version of Mechwarrior which I played lots online. granted PGI based this game on an entirely different game engine but maybe they want to call the people they are licensing this from (MS) and just say "help"?

We are getting state of the art graphics with PGI but as far as basic mechanics like controlling with a joystick and easily setting things with in game controls without having to code cfg files and also simple in game voice coms or at least some basic key voicebind such as Tribes 2 used 15 years ago seems not too much to ask.

PGI keeps promising turbos and nitros upgrades for the car while they are having trouble just getting the wheels to roll without falling off.

Maybe they need to re prioritize for a bit and get the basics going and down pat first?

#299 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

View Postmclang, on 05 December 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

I'm also looking for this.

Pushing Joystick forward whole time makes me usually also turn a bit in so I get disoriented in the heat of battle. Keeping joystick forward also stresses my hand unnecessary. It would be SO much better to be able to configure joystick axis as throttle WITHOUT the decay.

I have seen this kind of setup somewhere but can't find it now. Or maybe I'm thingking MW4?

I think I have seen this kind of setup somewhere, but I can't find the config anywhere. Can

Hi mclang, if you're still interested in this, evilC was gracious enough to put together an AutoHotKey script that works quite well. Checkout his post here. It requires you to install a couple of other things but with evilC's help I was able to get it working perfectly.

Edited by Domenoth, 14 January 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#300 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

View Postnoel shourai, on 02 November 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

Hello.

I have a Saitek X52 HOTAS and Pro Flight rudder pedals. I followed most of instructions on the first post of the page, (I made my own SST profile that removes all the modes and Pinkie shiftstates) and the controls in general are working fine with no apparent deadzone or sensitivity issues at the moment. The throttle itself works properly when inverted and set to full range (having the throttle at 0% means the Mech moves backwards, 50% is neutral, 100% is full speed).

However, when I set it to half range, 0% is read as full speed, and 100% is read as neutral; putting the Mech in reverse sets 0% as full reverse, and 100% as neutral. Unchecking invert throttle in the game options seems to do nothing other than setting the Mech in reverse again, with the exact same characteristics mentioned. None of the options in the user.cfg seems to change this.

Is there a way to invert the throttle properly so that 0% is read as neutral and 100% is read as full speed based on the direction setting when in half range mode?

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my X45. Are there any fixes for this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users