Mean Catapult-K2 setup! (had to post this)

70 replies to this topic

#61 takto101

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • Locationusa cali

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostBaronofBeanDip, on 03 February 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Side Torsos have ballistic slots. That's where the AC20's go. Make sure you have room.

so i have taken evry thing that can be taken off the mech off and still can even get one of them on... its driving me nuts

#62 DoyleHT

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

View Posttakto101, on 04 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

so i have taken evry thing that can be taken off the mech off and still can even get one of them on... its driving me nuts

Make sure you have removed the engine as well - if you installed an XL engine it takes up too much space in the side torsos to use the AC/20s.

If it still doesn't work, take it back to the dealer.

#63 takto101

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • Locationusa cali

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostDoyleHT, on 04 February 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Make sure you have removed the engine as well - if you installed an XL engine it takes up too much space in the side torsos to use the AC/20s.

If it still doesn't work, take it back to the dealer.

turns out that is what i had to do i sold it and got the same one agen and it worked np at all wtf is up with that
buggy game
lol
thx any way guys

#64 Parappaman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Posttakto101, on 05 February 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

turns out that is what i had to do i sold it and got the same one agen and it worked np at all wtf is up with that
buggy game
lol
thx any way guys

Learn to understand what takes critical slots and what adds weight... mechlab is very solid with few bugs, and when you encounter one you will get your mech stripped to the bone, not anything else. :D

#65 minuz

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

is it just me or is it getting easier and easier to die from head and centre torso shots
when piloting a catapult-k2? I have around 64 and full 18 armour on centre torso and
head.... but that hardly matters. 3-4 shots and I am dead. When I turn my torso, then I
can't shoot back, so I get pounded even more. If I turn, I get shot in my even more
vulnerable back. And when charging, I am dead after a couple of shots...

Other players say that a catapult is much easier to be destroyed due to its design.
Is that really the case? I pound a dragon or a hunchback or a centurion with 4 med
lasers and 2 ac5. I land solid hits on their torsos, ususally center. 5, 6, 7 solid hits.
No kill. 3 soild shots from them towards my centre torso and I am ususally dead
either because my cockpit got blown away or because my engine blew up...

And I really have to wonder... when the Clan Mad Cat turns up at some point in the
future, will the Mad Cat get destroyed as easily as the Catapult due to its design?
The argument was that the Catapult gets destroyed so quickly because cockpit
and centre torso are ususally hit easily. Same would be true for Mad Cat, or not?

#66 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

i thought i would post my k2 build, not the best, but i find it usefull
2 ac10
4 med lasers
ams
xl 295 with speed tweak 80kph
almost full standerd armor

there are better builds, but i like a bit of speed, and not to hot on heat. now if it only had jj's

#67 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

I sold my k2 because looking directly at what you shoot with a nose as big as that = ct death ( even if you twist they can still hit your snout )

my advice is buy a1c and jester for mc buy k2 for cbill master the chassis and strip convert xp and sell k2...

keep jester as your fun joke muppet and run a1c as a serious dedicated no bull lrm boat...

Edited by sneeking, 09 January 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#68 FERAL TIGER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

I loved my K2, until I bought a jester. Sorry to say, but it improves on any build you would try with the K2

#69 Op4blushift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

This thread REALLY needed that bump guys. No really, it did.

#70 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

The AC20 can is not a threat to any moderately fast mech. Slow and fat mechs sure but anything else should be able to either avoid it, or upon seeing it do a torso twist to take a hit on the arm or something then run around/jump away and this K2 is a threat no longer.

Same goes with AC40 Cheese Jagers which every 2nd person seems to bloody have nowadays...

J2L

#71 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

I don't know what people are on about, the K2 has the highest firepower of all the catapult chassis, it is a great fire support mech, and a great close in brawler. Yeah the Torso is a problem, but that's the same for all Catapults and other chicken legged mechs. the AC20 build is actually still effective even today. Especially with a standard engine and proper ears. If you do it right they will have to carve the hell out of you to get the kill, and the fact that chain fired AC20s can wreck anything infront of them is undisputed. You can use them at long range, but they are much better at short range.

At short range AC20s are instant limb removal, and when fired with proper aim you either 1-shot a light or caused a ton of damage to one poor soon-to-be-scrap-heap.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users