Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I used Chrome to dl the patcher, too.

#42 Tacojoemeru

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostJooky SeaCpt, on 30 October 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

I used Chrome to dl the patcher, too.

I did as well. Does it use the default browser to download the files through the launcher or something?...

#43 Soulgorger

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, this isn't better, in fact, it's worse now after the full reinstall, which took about 6 hours to dload and patch.

I am no longer able to even launch.

I select one of the two mechs I have, click launch, it shows me the map, the screen goes black, then I'm booted back to the mechlab with my mech in game.

So now what?

#44 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

frig me, 3rd time trying to pist on this thread, be nice if the friggin, log in keeped you logged when when you tick the check box,

What the hell do i need to do? it's open beta as far as i can see it's suppose to be stable or else why go to open beta?

Now whats Avert and .NET 4.5? either program the game right and have a file checker like every other bloody game i play has or perhaps gets the game to the right stage before going open beta.

Yesterday fine, today each time i go to load ice map game crashes, can't read file 8 or some crap.

also when going instructions as to how to fix, need a complete stepo by step instructions as some of us only play games on pc's to unwind not to understand how pc's work, or better yet have a install wizard that does all this without me the paying customer needing to do extra. no other game i play needs me to push except a few confirm, accept button and fully installs no issues.

#45 Whaleco

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

New to this game, so I haven't actually played yet, but just opening the game gave me the same error as mentioned here about 5 sec after opening the game.
I tested the objects.pak file, found an error & replaced it with the new one in Krists link & now the game starts up as intended without the crash. Still need to test actual gameplay though.

Setup is 'typical' for what I read here, Win 7 64bit (on an SSD), gamefolder on another disk, Avast antivirus running. Steam was also running.

#46 Dolgan

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

I've reinstalled, which took most of yesterday, I had to redownload alot of patches as it kept saying they didn't match up , I started using 7zip last night to check Pak files and a lot of them are corrupt. Could this be due to the patcher? I will go through each file and list the corrupt files later.

#47 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostCaptain Greene, on 30 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Just to comment on the Avast issue. I use Microsoft Security Essentials so no Avast installed on my system. I should have posted up a couple specs when I started this thread, sorry. My Sys: Intel i5 GTX470 Win7 64bit SP1 Microsoft Security Essentials Internet Explorer 9 Default directory install Originally after the patch I had broken files using 7Zip in 2 of the Paks. I DLd clean copies of those 2 broken Paks, replaced them and then was able to successfully complete 1 game and upon launching into a 2nd game crashed again. This time 7Zip found this error in Objects: 0 CRC Failed in 'Objects\mechs\awesome\body\awesome_variant_damage_ddn.dds'. File is broken. One interesting thing to note is the 2 broken Paks after the initial downlaod were not in the Objects Pak. They were in the Animations and Bumper Paks I believe, the info was in the old thread. The Objects fault only showed after playing the one game. Let me know if you need more info.

Whoa, now that sounds very strange. If I understand correctly, Objects.pak didn't have a problem until after you'd played the game for a bit? Sorry to make you repeat it, but I need to be 100% clear on this. If that's the case, it almost sounds like it's the game, not the patcher, that's corrupting these files and I need to re-focus my debugging (as well as call in some of the engine guys to take a look).

#48 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

I dunno..sounds more like you corrupted the file opening it with 7zip. I have had issues like this and after deleting all game files and reinstalling fresh, all is well.

#49 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 31 October 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I dunno..sounds more like you corrupted the file opening it with 7zip. I have had issues like this and after deleting all game files and reinstalling fresh, all is well.

No, just verified that 7-zip's "test" functionality is read-only, doesn't modify the archive it's testing.

#50 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

I guess one way to verify whether it's the game or the patcher is to check out the timestamps of the problem .pak file. If it's newer than any of the other pak files (by, say, a couple of minutes), then it's likely that the game modified the file and caused the corruption.

(For an accurate timestamp comparison, compare it to Bin32\frontend_version.dll, that's the last file to get patched.)

#51 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 30 October 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

frig me, 3rd time trying to pist on this thread, be nice if the friggin, log in keeped you logged when when you tick the check box,

What the hell do i need to do? it's open beta as far as i can see it's suppose to be stable or else why go to open beta?

Now whats Avert and .NET 4.5? either program the game right and have a file checker like every other bloody game i play has or perhaps gets the game to the right stage before going open beta.

Yesterday fine, today each time i go to load ice map game crashes, can't read file 8 or some crap.

also when going instructions as to how to fix, need a complete stepo by step instructions as some of us only play games on pc's to unwind not to understand how pc's work, or better yet have a install wizard that does all this without me the paying customer needing to do extra. no other game i play needs me to push except a few confirm, accept button and fully installs no issues.

I am really sorry that you're having these problems. I'm working very hard to fix this issue. It's affecting a small portion of the user base, which is making it very difficult to find out what's wrong because I can't reproduce the problem at all.

You're well within your rights to vent your frustration (that's usually what forums turn into), but please, at least contribute a bit by stating some of your system specs like the others in this thread. Even if it's the same as everyone else here, it's good to know these things.

As for step-by-step instructions, well, they don't exist quite yet, since I'm still trying to figure out what's going wrong. Right now the only process to repair these problems involves steps that may be a bit difficult, so I'm trying to simplify it all (which requires understanding a little more about the problem).

#52 Soulgorger

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostKrist Smith, on 31 October 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Whoa, now that sounds very strange. If I understand correctly, Objects.pak didn't have a problem until after you'd played the game for a bit? Sorry to make you repeat it, but I need to be 100% clear on this. If that's the case, it almost sounds like it's the game, not the patcher, that's corrupting these files and I need to re-focus my debugging (as well as call in some of the engine guys to take a look).

Thats how I read what he said. Since I can no longer play, after having moved mine from the HDD to the SDD, I'm going to do a full system wipe and start over, ditching the SSD to make sure it's not the drive going bad. Really irks me this is the only program not running correctly though.

#53 Barrosco

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Been struggling with some error issues for the past two days after the initial download. I'll start at the beginning and give you as much info as possible.
So I began as everybody does, opened up the patcher and let it work. I had quite a few issues with that as many times progress would stop and sometimes the entire patcher would just crash, although resuming as soon as I re-opened it. Many times the patcher would skip around after crashing or just completely skip over a patch all together. So after the first download I must have had quite a few corrupt files as when I opened the game, I only got a black screen.
So after one or two more download attempts and a fairly clean patcher download I was finally able to make it to the login screen, where I met the FRead error, which lead me to this thread. So I went and checked my Objects.pak and low and behold, it was corrupt. So I used the new Objects.pak download from Krist and finally got the game up and running at about 12 last night.
When I logged on this morning I was faced with the same FRead error as before, so I tried logging in once more and didn't have any problems. A few seconds into the first match my computer crashed (I've been having this issue under high loads). So booted the computer back up, got the FRead error at login, tried logging in and had success. Then, as I entered the first match I got another FRead error when I connected.
So I decided to test that map's .pak and everything checked out okay. I then figured I should test a few more and my results were pretty surprising. Apparently my Objects.pak file corrupted again after downloading it from the link given by Krist (I tested that Objects.pak right after I downloaded it and nothing was wrong)

So that's what happened to me, just giving you info that can hopefully help you out. I'm going to try re-downloading the Objects.pak again and see what happens. (By the way, my Sounds.pak is also corrupted, could you post a link for that?)

EDIT: Just re-downloaded Objects.pak, started the game and got an FRead error at start up. Checked the new Objects.pak and it's fine, but I did find that the Bumpers.pak is corrupted as well as the Sounds.pak. From what I can tell those are the only corrupted .pak files.

Edited by Barrosco, 31 October 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#54 Soulgorger

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Barrosko;

Change the filename at the end of the link from Trist. Should be the file you want.

#55 Barrosco

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostSoulgorger, on 31 October 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Barrosko;

Change the filename at the end of the link from Trist. Should be the file you want.

Cool, thanks.

Alright, another update.
So I re-downloaded the Objects.pak once more and had a successful 5-6 matches played (the game is great, I think the devs did a wonderful job), but I finally errored out coming into a match with another FRead error. Just checked the Objects.pak a few minutes ago and somehow it got corrupted again, the game must be modifying itself somehow. I really don't see how else that file would go from perfectly complete and functioning to being corrupted and useless.
By the way, here's what Winrar told me was corrupted:
! c:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak: CRC failed in Objects\mechs\catapult\body\catapult_scale.cgf. The file is corrupt
! c:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak: CRC failed in Objects\weapons\uav\uav.cga. The file is corrupt
I hope this can help you out in some way Krist.

#56 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostBarrosco, on 31 October 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Cool, thanks.

Alright, another update.
So I re-downloaded the Objects.pak once more and had a successful 5-6 matches played (the game is great, I think the devs did a wonderful job), but I finally errored out coming into a match with another FRead error. Just checked the Objects.pak a few minutes ago and somehow it got corrupted again, the game must be modifying itself somehow. I really don't see how else that file would go from perfectly complete and functioning to being corrupted and useless.
By the way, here's what Winrar told me was corrupted:
! c:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak: CRC failed in Objects\mechs\catapult\body\catapult_scale.cgf. The file is corrupt
! c:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak: CRC failed in Objects\weapons\uav\uav.cga. The file is corrupt
I hope this can help you out in some way Krist.

Thanks very much, it's incredibly useful information. Can you confirm that the "Date Modified" of the corrupted pak is recent? As in, later than the last actual patch day (which was last Thursday)?

We're all looking into this problem now, as it is really looking like an insidious engine issue, rather than just a patcher f-up.

#57 Crashking

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationIn Game

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Well darn, I figured out the problem preventing me from posting.

As I was saying in another post, I went thru and tested my pak files but all tested fine for both my old install I saved off and the new install here. I'll have to check the Win 8 drive I made up yet and update here.

I'll be checking to see if my issues have been cleaned up here with the extra time I took go do a fresh install again. (Any chance we can get a place to do a full download and then one install).

#58 Enjoyqq

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

I really wanted to try this game but I was having the same issue.

The first time i downloaded the game I got the Fread 128 of 0 after logging into the game.

I re-installed the game and the second time I got Fread 32 of 0(or 36, don't remember).

When i get the chance i will try the manual install .pak install.

Just to note, i am using windows 8 64-bit.

Edited by Cryosin, 31 October 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#59 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostCrashking, on 31 October 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Well darn, I figured out the problem preventing me from posting.

As I was saying in another post, I went thru and tested my pak files but all tested fine for both my old install I saved off and the new install here. I'll have to check the Win 8 drive I made up yet and update here.

I'll be checking to see if my issues have been cleaned up here with the extra time I took go do a fresh install again. (Any chance we can get a place to do a full download and then one install).

The next patcher update (still a week or two away, due to testing) will feature a one-time "Zero to Now" patch so you don't have to go through each and every patch on a fresh install.

View PostCryosin, on 31 October 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

I really wanted to try this game but I was having the same issue.

The first time i downloaded the game I got the Fread 128 of 0 after logging into the game.

I re-installed the game and the second time I got Fread 32 of 0(or 36, don't remember).

When i get the chance i will try the manual install .pak install.

Just to note, i am using windows 8 64-bit.

Well, good to know. That's a different OS, but still sticks to the 64-bit, so that much still seems to be the common denominator.

#60 Barrosco

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 31 October 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Thanks very much, it's incredibly useful information. Can you confirm that the "Date Modified" of the corrupted pak is recent? As in, later than the last actual patch day (which was last Thursday)?

We're all looking into this problem now, as it is really looking like an insidious engine issue, rather than just a patcher f-up.

I deleted that corrupted Objects.pak after installing the most recent one. But if it happens again I'll check to see if it had been changed. I'm testing it out now, I'll report back if I find anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users