FPS Bug Temp Fix

23 replies to this topic

#1 SteelShadows

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Only tried this once so far, as I just had it happen, but alt-tabbing out of the game then back into the game fixed the fps bug for me. Hopefully this will help deal with it until they identify the cause and fix it.

For those who don't know, the bug is every so often you'll join a game and only be getting 2-10 fps instead of your usual performance.

#2 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostSteelShadows, on 29 October 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Only tried this once so far, as I just had it happen, but alt-tabbing out of the game then back into the game fixed the fps bug for me. Hopefully this will help deal with it until they identify the cause and fix it.

For those who don't know, the bug is every so often you'll join a game and only be getting 2-10 fps instead of your usual performance.

That's one of the first things I will try because alt tabbing causes the program to lose access to the video card and flush it's buffer. It's never worked for me in MWO though.

#3 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

I've just now started having this issue. Two games in a row after 300 without it.

-k

#4 TunaR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 30 October 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

I've just now started having this issue. Two games in a row after 300 without it.

-k

Same. It's killing me

#5 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I seem to have the problem in a Raven. I have not done exhaustive tests on mech weight classes, or variants.

I restarted the game completely and switched mechs. Problem hasn't come back when I'm not in a Raven.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostSteelShadows, on 29 October 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

7-12 FpS is my norm! :(

#7 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 October 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

7-12 FpS is my norm! :huh:

Buy a new computer you nub. :(

#8 Darius Otsdarva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I remember when I played with 7-12 fps. Brawling was almost impossible back in those days.

Still is a little bit with the 4 fps bug.

#9 Cochise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have this bug, I have to close and restart the client.

#10 Dethl0k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

yea im gettin this alot its very annoying

#11 Slayton

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

What I've found to help is tabbing out like suggested in the original post but I don't just jump back into the game. I've successfully reset my FPS to normal two out of two times I've had this bug while doing so. I stay out of the game for about 1-2 minutes before tabbing back in.

#12 Driftwood

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 October 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

7-12 FpS is my norm! :)

Ahh so I'm not the only one!
(looking forward to that new computer...)

#13 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

In case anyone doesn't know, this is a bug related to a memory leak - depending on your hardware you may be able to fix it by alt-tabbing, but the sure fire fix is to restart your client. It doesn't help during that game, of course, but it'll make sure you don't have it again the next match.

#14 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...es-after-patch/

a list of workarounds that support gave me

#15 Benatros

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Workarounds...that's a cheap word. How about a fix? A patch? A solution? A LOT of people are having this issue arise at random. This does not call for workarounds. It calls for fixing the damn problem. Perhaps its a case of the devs not caring?

Edited by Benatros, 31 December 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#16 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostBenatros, on 31 December 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Workarounds...that's a cheap word. How about a fix? A patch? A solution? A LOT of people are having this issue arise at random. This does not call for workarounds. It calls for fixing the damn problem. Perhaps its a case of the devs not caring?

Perhaps you have answered the very problem.

A LOT of people are having this issue arise at random

Makes it hard to track and find the problem, if you can't replicate it on will.

#17 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Instead of rebooting the MWO client after every X number of matches to avoid the fps bug, has anyone tried just running a memory defragmenter / booster after every X number of matches to free up some memory before running the next match?

#18 Gryphdog

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Here's a hint to the dev's: FPS is temporarily restored when you look toward the edge of the map, at least for me.

It seems like there's a corrupted texture file somewhere, or a bad physics proxy on something.

#19 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostGryphen, on 31 December 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

Here's a hint to the dev's: FPS is temporarily restored when you look toward the edge of the map, at least for me.

It seems like there's a corrupted texture file somewhere, or a bad physics proxy on something.

Further to this, always clear your cache (drive/games/piranha games/MechWarrior Online/USER/Shaders, then delete cache folder) after you hit the 4fps bug. If you don't, you'll probably keep on getting it.

#20 Isolani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

I usually get some warning sign that I'm going to have to restart the game. Like I'll start getting a weird hitch when I look in a certain direction during a match. If I play another match or two after that it turns into full blown 1-2 FPS hell where you might as well just stand there and wait for somebody to come kill you. So when I see that I'm starting to hitch, I restart the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users