119 replies to this topic

#21 Stormblast

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

How many times did you have to slap Paul before he got the blog right?

Edited by Stormblast, 04 April 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#22 Gigaton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationDieron District Gymnasium, learning to pilot 'Mechs until July

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Will you be able to freely (C-bills aside, ofc :)) upgrade/downgrade between single/double heat sinks, normal/XL engines, normal/endo steel internals and normal/ferro armour, or will these be strictly variant/chassis specific?

Edited by Gigaton, 04 April 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#23 malik the mad

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Will we be changing mechs after we know what kind of battle we will be fighting (like planet/objective)?

#24 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Very insightful dev blog, and most questions I had were covered right there.
The only thing that stood out was that you said it would cost C-Bills to replace weapons as well as other components in a 'mech. Will the cost of swapping out weapons on my 'mech be something substantial, or will I be able to recover the cost in a single match?

#25 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Will ammo have to be placed nearby to the weapon it serves and if not, will placing it in specific parts of the mech cause specific damage if an ammo explosion occurs - depending on where it is placed?

#26 Jason Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hey there, 1st off I would like to thank you guys for all the great work you are doing.

Have's a few questions tho;

1) For the Weight during Customization, will it use the 0.5t Increment or will it use Fractional Accounting ? Concerning Engines and Armor for example.

2) Concerning the EW Components, AMS/LMS, M.A.S.C, CASE and the like, will it be like in MW4 where you just select what you want to add or will I actually be able to select where to put them ?

3) Will the Faction/Regiments Paint Job be Faction Specific ?

4) If I unlock Module #372 in my Pilot Tree and then Equip it to Mech #3, will I need to buy a 1nd Module #372 if I also want one equipped into Mech #5 ?

5) Have you guys planned an EZ way for a Pilot to access Full Systems check during a Mission ? Like u fight a Mech 1v1 and kill the ****** and want to know if you stand a chance against that Pink Jenner rushing to your location lol.

#27 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Three questions...

1) I understand the purpose behind the critical slots being energy for energy, ballistic for ballistic, missile for missile, etc., but will we be able to purchase changes to those location restrictions from the store (ie - changing energy slots for ballistic ones)?

2) Will equipment be able to take up critical slots recently vacated by weaponry, or will they also be restricted to equipment slots?

3) Will the standard customization outlined in today's dev blog cost anything in the way of C-Bills for the changes?

Thank you.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 04 April 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#28 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

If Techs are a factor in the Mech Lab, how will they factor into component repair/installation? Will the number of Techs be a factor in cost? If you assign X Techs to work on your Jenner, will those same Techs be avialable to work on your Hunchback?

#29 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

1) Will you be able to change the internal structure?
2) How are critical on XL engines handled?
3) I thought modules were going to be easily swappable. Will they cost money as well?
4) If you remove a weapon form a mech does it go away or go back into inventory?
5) We a player be able to hit the mech lab before dropping or are we going to go into matches blind (heavy energy on a hot map, LR setup on a city map)

#30 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

How will we add ammo, will we be required to put it in the same hard point, can we allocate it to other locations on the mech, or is it going to be like mechwarrior 4 where we just add it to the weapon icon?

Edited by Fresh_Meat, 04 April 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#31 syngyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostCuron Hifor, on 04 April 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

How will engine upgrades (or downgrades) be handled in the MechLab?

Related to this, is each chassis going to have a minimum/maximum for the amount you can tweak the engine, or is it only going to be tonnage limited?

#32 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

In regards to hardpoints, it is specified that hard points depend on a "per variant basis". Nowhere does it say (if I read correctly) that hardpoints cannot be swapped. Does this mean players will have the ability to swap hardpoints and form new variants, assuming there being a maximum number of hardpoints a chassis can carry?

Also, since the game is based on role warfare, will there be a rating system that shows what role your variant/custom mech is more geared towards?

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 04 April 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#33 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

How will omnimechs be handled once we get them?

Edited by Stormwolf, 04 April 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#34 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Another question here:

You mention that you can customize your mech's look separately, or you can apply a skin to do it all at once. My question is:

Will users be able to save camouflage schemes into skins on their own? For example, if my unit had a winter camo, a desert camo, and a city camo that was specific to our unit - would we be able to save those and apply them later? Or would we have to remake them each time?

#35 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

For mounting equipment (such as AMS, BAP, ECM), will we be able to place it anywhere there is critical space, as the devblog indicates heat sinks can be placed, or will those items have hardpoint limitations as well?

#36 Thomas Hogarth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 463 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

In the setting, customizing your ride can be one of the most expensive things you do to a Battlemech - thus creating a bias towards stock machines. On the other hand, MW fans have gotten used to be able to change out their loadouts as if all the 'Mechs were omnimechs. How are you folks planning on striking the balance between these two notions - that is to say, are you guys favoring expensive customization, or relatively cheap customization?

#37 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Will the mechlab display the max heat and heat dissipation?

#38 ELHImp

Com Guard

• 1,846 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Okay, I have a lot of questions.

First of all - engines. Will it be different models (Vlar250, 325 etc.) or you can just push button and your engine gets more powerfull, push other and it gets smaller. Engine like any AC (you can't just push button and transform AC/10 to AC/20), you know, so I think engines need to be purchased, if you want new, smaller one. And after all it not cheap.

Second one: Will we have mechs which have more hardpoints than they have weapons in stock variant. For example, one Large Laser in Left Arm and one free hardpoint, so you can remove that laser and put PPC in Arm instead. Of course, if it fits in tonage and crit slots.

For example, a ’Mech that, by default, comes with 2 Medium Lasers and an Autocannon/2 in its Left Torso may actually have 3 energy weapon hard points and 2 ballistic hard points

Sorry. Need to read twice. Exactly, we will have mechs with more slots then installed weapons.

Third: Why jump jets can be installed only on mech that originaly have jump jets, but AMS's and ECM's can be installed on any one? Yeah. Maybe make other equipment like JJ's? I don't wanna see full ECM lances, and it really important part of selection your mech: one have AMS and other have more missile hardpoints, which one I need to take on open map? Without this limitations I just take one with missile slots, and add AMS... and ECM, and BAP. This make other mechs just non-used decorations of Store.

Fourth: Same like JJ's about armour. If I can max-out armour on thin rifleman back, I make this. Yes, it will cost me weapon or two, but really, we all already seen this in MW4:Mercs, armour need to be maxed (you can take off some from legs) dot. So... every 60 ton chasis will have armour max for 60 ton class, and same for any other weights. This makes mechs not so unique.

Okay. It's looks all for this moment.
And yeah, excuse me, but I don't like customisation idea at all, so I can be prejudiced.

Edited by ELH_Imp, 04 April 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#39 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Will there be any drawbacks to customizing a mech, and what incentives do players have to not customize? (beyond a dumb build)IE higher maintenance/repair costs, chance for equipment failure, having to "re-learn" a certain tier on the mech efficiency table/being harder to become "elite" in that chassis, mech is out of action for a certain time wile it gets worked on etc.

#40 4b4dd0n

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Can i give my mech a name in the mechlab? Like ships in rl or the titans in w40k universum?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users