Excel Mech Lab V1.80.4 (Updated 9/03/13) Now With Pheonix Inc Saber

398 replies to this topic

#1 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Excel Mech Lab v1.80.4.xlsm 2007&2010 (Dropbox)

Welcome to Open Beta/Launch.

The Excel Mech Lab will allow you to plan your builds without spending money. It will also provide you with Damage/time statistics and estimates on Time to Overheat. It has a lookup feature to display all current weapon values. It also contains all mechs we know will be in the game through 3050 (that I had in my record sheets).

It also has a "Save" feature that will allow you to keep and recall your variants. Note v1.60 variants will not load in v1.70 due to the new engine heat sinks.

Please post here if you find any bugs. I had to update many formulas to handle the Pilot skills so there is a possibility that a strange value might display ie ##### or something like that.

Change Log:
  • 1.70 - Added JR7-K, Updated Tag & AC/10. Input slots for Engine Heat Sinks. Added Pilot skills that effect mech stats. Corrected Cicada Hard Points. Updated Raven engines. Added AWS-9M. Changed CN9-AH to YLW. Corrected TTOH calculations to use a base of 30. Corrected weapon group numbers to match TTOH. Corrected Laser DPS&HPS. Added tooltip comments. more probably but that is all I can think of.
  • 1.71 - Tons of bug fixes. Heat Sinks should now match what the MechLab displays.
  • 1.72 - Made ES/FF easier to use. Added Artemis. Updated AC/20. Added MechLab efficiency. Updated DHS to 1.4. Numerous bug fixes.
  • 1.73 - Price Check, Load Stock. Bugs bugs and more bugs. TTOH & DPS Calcs.
  • 1.73 - 11/19, Added back the MWO Heat Scale. Fixed TTOH issues and Sale back engine issue.
  • 1.74 - Updated MWO Heat scale. Added CTF-4X. Added BAP
  • 1.75 - 11/28. Added CTF-IM, Added Mech pics, Updated MWO Heat Scale.
  • 1.76 - 12/4. Added ECM, Revamped Save/Load removed Mech pics.
  • 1.77 - 12/18. Added Load Previous. Corrected MWO Heat Scale & Stalker. Fang & Flame
  • 1.78 - 12/25. Added Orion. Bug/Error fixes.
  • 1.79 - 1/17. Updated Spider. Updated MWO Heat Scale.
  • 1.79.1 - 1/25. COM-TDK, TBT-3C. MWO Heat scale and UAC
  • 1.79.2 - 2/7. AWS-PB, Heat Update, Error corrections.
  • 1.79.3 - 2/20. Updated TBT Hard Points. Updated CN9 engines.
  • 1.79.4 - 3/6 Added CDA-X5
  • 1.79.5 - 3/19 Updated Jagermech Hardpoints
  • 1.79.6 - 4/02 Updated HGN-HM
  • 1.79.7 - 4/18 Added HGN-733C&P. Updated HGN Hardpoints
  • 1.79.7 - 5/08 Added STK-MIS
  • 1.80.0 - 5/09 Added Clan Tech, corrected Misery designation.
  • 1.80.1 - 6/26 Added Victor, Locust, Shadow_Hawk, Thunderbolt, Battlemaster. Updated BJ
  • 1.80.2 - 8/19 Updated Weapons and Phoenix Mechs
  • 1.80.3 - 8/28 Added Wolverine & Griffin
  • 1.80.4 - 9/03 Added ON1-PT, Updated SRM2-4
Notes:

• Will not work with Freeware or 2003 excel. It uses dynamic dropdowns that are incompatible with any other spreadsheet program I have used.

Ensure you "Enable Editing/Enable Content".
  • To disable Msgbox, select "yes" in the drop down.

• To disable Comments select "yes" in the drop down.
Screen:

Posted Image

Edited by 3rdworld, 03 September 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#2 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

got to love it. Thanks!

#3 Card

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLenoir, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

sticky - sticky - sticky - sticky

#4 Vorg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Looks like it could be handy, but until it works with Open Office, ...

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

I live in this spreadsheet! Lets me mad scientist when I can't play. Keep it up! This thread should have approximately eleventy billion likes more than it currently does.

#6 SharpHawk

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

My weights don't match up between the Atlas RS in the spreadsheet vs the in-game mech lab. I was using 4 large lasers + AMS + 1 AMS ammo + single heatsinks for the remaining weight. I could equip 2 or 3 (don't remember) more heatsinks in the game. Checked the engine ones, too. Also, the max speed doesn't match either (using STD 300).

#7 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostSharpHawk, on 30 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

My weights don't match up between the Atlas RS in the spreadsheet vs the in-game mech lab. I was using 4 large lasers + AMS + 1 AMS ammo + single heatsinks for the remaining weight. I could equip 2 or 3 (don't remember) more heatsinks in the game. Checked the engine ones, too. Also, the max speed doesn't match either (using STD 300).

Hrmm, it seems they changed the base weights of the mechs, and increased the weight of the engine...

They also seem to have removed the extra 2 tons they added to the atlas to make the base variants correct.

I did not notice because all the mechs I use still showed the correct weight with the engine.

Thanks.

#8 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Okay, they changed the base weights of all the mechs. They are now just Chassis*.1 or .05 for endosteel. The cockpit does not go into the equation anymore (probably why they added the command console placeholder).

Atlases were previously 2 tons over the formula that effected all other mechs. They seem to have removed this (that is why you noticed the atlas was not the correct weight). Also many of the weights of the lighter engines have not changed, meaning you can save 3 more tons by using a std 100 than you would previously.
For most mechs nothing changed. The engines would generally weigh 3 tons less than they should but the mech weighted 3 tons more than it should, the net effect being correct.

TLDR: please re-download, the atlas should be correct now.

Edited by 3rdworld, 31 October 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#9 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

I'm waiting for ECM and beagle active probe. Hope they put that in game soon.

#10 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Great work! I`ll try to test TTOH in game!

#11 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Am I blind or do you have to affix the stock armor amounts for each yourself?

Just looking at the Founder's Hunchback and it doesn't seem to show the default armor amount on each area.

#12 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostAware, on 31 October 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Am I blind or do you have to affix the stock armor amounts for each yourself?

Just looking at the Founder's Hunchback and it doesn't seem to show the default armor amount on each area.

I am not sure what you mean. It should have the Max values to the right of the input values.

If you are asking if it automatically loads the stock values, the answer is no. You will have to manually put in each armor value for each location.

I started working on the stock versions to calculate costs of conversions to custom mechs. But did not get around to completing it.

#13 SharpHawk

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 31 October 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Okay, they changed the base weights of all the mechs. They are now just Chassis*.1 or .05 for endosteel. The cockpit does not go into the equation anymore (probably why they added the command console placeholder).

Atlases were previously 2 tons over the formula that effected all other mechs. They seem to have removed this (that is why you noticed the atlas was not the correct weight). Also many of the weights of the lighter engines have not changed, meaning you can save 3 more tons by using a std 100 than you would previously.
For most mechs nothing changed. The engines would generally weigh 3 tons less than they should but the mech weighted 3 tons more than it should, the net effect being correct.

TLDR: please re-download, the atlas should be correct now.

Excellent, thanks! I'll try it again when I get back from work.

#14 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 31 October 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

I am not sure what you mean. It should have the Max values to the right of the input values.

If you are asking if it automatically loads the stock values, the answer is no. You will have to manually put in each armor value for each location.

I started working on the stock versions to calculate costs of conversions to custom mechs. But did not get around to completing it.

Yes that is what I am asking. So I have to look up the stock values and enter them myself. Not a big deal just can't look at it till I get home then. Fine 3rdworld I'll go back to work!

#15 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostAware, on 31 October 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Yes that is what I am asking. So I have to look up the stock values and enter them myself. Not a big deal just can't look at it till I get home then. Fine 3rdworld I'll go back to work!

For a 4g at least. Wouldn't want someone to actually have to work :D

Edit: they all come with 320, so the above numbers should be good for all variants.

Edited by 3rdworld, 31 October 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#16 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 31 October 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

For a 4g at least. Wouldn't want someone to actually have to work ;)

Edit: they all come with 320, so the above numbers should be good for all variants.

You magnificent *******.

#17 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Also as a note to anyone using this spreadsheet you have to manually select the correct stock engine as well.

Not sure if intended but Clear Layout button doesn't clear your engine selection either.

It is an awesome sheet though and I will be using it as much as possible.

#18 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

As always, this is far better than the Stat Lab.

#19 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostThontor, on 31 October 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Looks like you are still including the free heat sinks for engines 275+

I pick a 275 engine and it says I have 11 heat sinks and I haven't added any at all...the trend continues for larger engines... Need to change all engines 275+ to only have 10 heat sinks to start with, since you have that seperate field to add engine heat sinks now.

Got it,
thanks.

I went ahead and updated the formula to display the same amount of heatsinks the mech lab displays (previously it showed effective heat sinks).

#20 Xatik

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSumy, Ukraine

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

logged in to like your post.
TY Sir!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users