153 replies to this topic

#101 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 07 November 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Incorrect about crits in TT. If you hit a location with nothing there you rerolled until you hit something.

Does anyone know for sure...I think I remember this too.

Edited by Cole Allard, 07 November 2012 - 03:47 AM.

#102 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

Incorrect about crits in TT. If you hit a location with nothing there you rerolled until you hit something.

Are you sure?

I could have sworn that was how it worked.

Oh well whatever.

#103 James The Fox Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 07 November 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

Are you sure?

I could have sworn that was how it worked.

Oh well whatever.

Yup, positive since I was reading Total Warfare again.

#104 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

The short fall damage is a tad annoying, because now it damages legs on drops of about 5 metres. Simply running into the Forest Colony cave with a Commando caused leg damage by running over small bumpy rocks.

#105 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 07 November 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

The short fall damage is a tad annoying, because now it damages legs on drops of about 5 metres. Simply running into the Forest Colony cave with a Commando caused leg damage by running over small bumpy rocks.

remembers me that "screeeeeetsh" scene in Galaxy Quest. :P

#106 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 07 November 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

Yeah, was playing a cicada and I kept damaging my legs by..running over small bumps...bleh

#107 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Cleaned up OP and did my best to verify if each of the lines I added were confirmed or unconfirmed.

#108 Imagine Dragons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationLV-223

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Anybody else feel like LRM missile velocity was increased? I mean specifically for horizontal flight...

#109 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostXenomorphZZ, on 07 November 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Anybody else feel like LRM missile velocity was increased? I mean specifically for horizontal flight...

I feel that way as well. Haven't confirmed it, anyone remember the old velocity?

#110 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Catapult K2s with nothing in their arms no longer have white placeholders, now it's just a little empty gun port.

Also the Jenner with its head floating off in space is most likely caused by bad ping. There was a player in my group from Europe and this was happening to him every match.

#111 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostKaelus, on 07 November 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

I feel that way as well. Haven't confirmed it, anyone remember the old velocity?

Laden, unladen, or Bin Ladin?

#112 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 07 November 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

No see

in TT you rolled to see what crit you hit, if nothing was in that crit slot, no effect, just internal damage.

In MWO, if there is anything in the section at all, say a heatsink, it basically works as if the shot kept rerolling for crits until it scored a "hit" on the actual component.

So a torso section with only one heatsink and like 12 free critslots works as if there was only ONE crit slot, the slot that the heatsink occupies.

Wrong.

MWO's "Crit" system is a RNG per "damage delt" to the location, so you can hit "nothing" in that critical location, or you can do damage to a laser.

The difference is it's actually HARDER to crit out smaller crit location weapons due to weapons having their own health that must be damaged. a weapon like an AC20 or Gauss is fairly easy, because the % of critical locations taken up by the weapon is large, thus more chances to 'roll" that location and put more damage onto it.

In CBT you would re-roll if you missed a location, however I know many vet's that "ignored" the re-roll rule because there was empty space there. [and Endo-steel/ferro armor add critical locations and negate the "re roll anyway, that was what made them superior internal structure and armor in addition to the weight savings... it gave the enemy extra locations to cause a crit and they got no re-roll]

#113 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Quick TT crit rules for you guys:

When a weapon inflicts any amount of damage to your internals, you roll 2d6 to check for crits.

On a 7 or less, no crits.

8-9: 1 crit
10-11: 2 crits.
12: 3 crits, or arm / leg blown off.

If you get a critical hit, you destroy a random component slot in that location (there are no 'safe' crits on endo-steel or empty slots - something will get hurt, period. The only crits that had no effect were further crits on already destroyed items or crits on empty ammo bins).
If that location is empty, critical hits will transfer to the next section inwards, so critical hits on an empty arm / torso could actually damage or destroy your standard engine if that arm / torso had nothing in it.

Edited by Comassion, 07 November 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#114 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostComassion, on 07 November 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Quick TT crit rules for you guys:

When a weapon inflicts any amount of damage to your internals, you roll 2d6 to check for crits.

On a 7 or less, no crits.

8-9: 1 crit
10-11: 2 crits.
12: 3 crits, or arm / leg blown off.

If you get a critical hit, you destroy a random component slot in that location (there are no 'safe' crits on endo-steel or empty slots - something will get hurt, period. The only crits that had no effect were further crits on already destroyed items or crits on empty ammo bins).
If that location is empty, critical hits will transfer to the next section inwards, so critical hits on an empty arm / torso could actually damage or destroy your standard engine if that arm / torso had nothing in it.

Endo steel/Ferro takes a "Critical slot"

You roll 3 critical "hits"

you roll to see what you hit.

Hits are: Endo Steel, Endo Steel, Ferro Armor.

Nothing in that location is hurt other than those "crits" which have no effect on the weapon/equipment/heatsinks. In that area.

#115 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Correct, because it was a double roll process. You rolled to see if you got a critical or just did internal damage, then you rolled to see what you hit if it was a crit. Since the first roll already "decided" you DID get a crit, the location roll wasn't allowed to pick "nothing."

View PostJade Kitsune, on 07 November 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Endo steel/Ferro takes a "Critical slot"

You roll 3 critical "hits"

you roll to see what you hit.

Hits are: Endo Steel, Endo Steel, Ferro Armor.

Nothing in that location is hurt other than those "crits" which have no effect on the weapon/equipment/heatsinks. In that area.

Nope. Floating crits for ES/FF are "roll again" like empty slots. That's true in TT, and one of the devs confirmed in CB that they should be working the same in MWO. If the system has decided that a crit has occurred, it will keep rolling until it actually damages gear.

Edited by SteelPaladin, 07 November 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#116 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostSteelPaladin, on 07 November 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Correct, because it was a double roll process. You rolled to see if you got a critical or just did internal damage, then you rolled to see what you hit if it was a crit. Since the first roll already "decided" you DID get a crit, the location roll wasn't allowed to pick "nothing."

Nope. Floating crits for ES/FF are "roll again" like empty slots. That's true in TT, and one of the devs confirmed in CB that they should be working the same in MWO. If the system has decided that a crit has occurred, it will keep rolling until it actually damages gear.

Floating Crits is an external, non-offical rule. Atleast it used to be, unless they've changed it recently.

Also keep in mind, MWO would be operating at LvL 2 rules, which are considered "offical tournament" rules.

If Floating crits are an offical rule set within LvL 2 rules [lvl 3 is experimental tech, and has additional rules that don't play into the Lvl 2 rules] But floating crits are an external rule so far as I know, you even have to Toggle floating crits ON in MegaMek, that functions basic at LVL 2 rules.

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 07 November 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#117 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 07 November 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Floating Crits is an external, non-offical rule. Atleast it used to be, unless they've changed it recently.

Also keep in mind, MWO would be operating at LvL 2 rules, which are considered "offical tournament" rules.

If Floating crits are an offical rule set within LvL 2 rules [lvl 3 is experimental tech, and has additional rules that don't play into the Lvl 2 rules] But floating crits are an external rule so far as I know, you even have to Toggle floating crits ON in MegaMek, that functions basic at LVL 2 rules.

This would be a lot easier if they hadn't buried the damn CB forums and I could just link the dev post (Paul or Bryan) where they explicitly said that crits to ES/FF should re-roll.

#118 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostSteelPaladin, on 07 November 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

This would be a lot easier if they hadn't buried the damn CB forums and I could just link the dev post (Paul or Bryan) where they explicitly said that crits to ES/FF should re-roll.

Then maybe it finally got implimented.

#119 Salient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 538 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Its such BS they snuck in a SSRM nerf into this patch, how hard is it to have proper and HONEST patch notes?!

#120 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostSalient, on 07 November 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Its such BS they snuck in a SSRM nerf into this patch, how hard is it to have proper and HONEST patch notes?!

Apparently it is just as hard as making a patch that doesn't break twice as many things as it fixes.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users