Undocumented Patch Notes 11/06/2012

153 replies to this topic

#61 Devils Advocate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 636 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Standing still seems to increase DHS value back up near 2.0 on forest, city, and the frozen map. I'm losing about 4 heat per second with 20 DHS standing still in my awesome.

#62 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostDevils Advocate, on 06 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Standing still seems to increase DHS value back up near 2.0 on forest, city, and the frozen map. I'm losing about 4 heat per second with 20 DHS standing still in my awesome.

Im pretty sure that movement slows your heat dissapation ...standing still should always improve it by a bit.

#63 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Did flamers get a buff? Commando with a single flamer just stripped all the armor off my cataupults leg in like 10 sec...

#64 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

The Dragon center torso (viewed from cockpit) now correctly displays the mech's skin.

#65 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 November 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

There's a fix for the missile issue, within the hour it'll patch in, no worries :)

The missile damage count is the least of the damn problems you all need to fix. Just FYI.

#66 Shiney

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Fun fun fun... thanks for the 'real' info

#67 Mechwarrior413183

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostSign, on 06 November 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

As I posted elsewhere:

SSRMs impulse value has dropped dramatically, they no longer rock your cockpit around that much, if at all.

Catapult's (C1 At least) missile launch point has been moved upwards significantly. Missiles now look like they launch from above the cockpit evading most immediate low terrain obstacles which would have prevented them from taking flight before.

For me at least, visibility has improved considerably in all maps. Seems as if ambiance grain has been reduced by a lot in the short to medium distances

I noticed it too with the Catapult C1 it's pretty awesome, I guess the launchers angle up before firing like would be done if they were real.

#68 Golden Sentinel

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Didn't see it mentioned, but the trial mechs changed. They're now a Cat-C1 and an Atlas-7K for the heavy and assault mechs, and a Commando and Cicada for the light/medium. Is that intentional? I figured the Atlas you'd want to keep as a carrot to get people to buy it.

#69 FenrisUlf

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

i can see this patch went very smoothly :)

#70 Gristle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN. E. Kentucky

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Noticed several graphical glitches. I died and my HBK torso was a black hole. Saw a Jenner flying through the air and it's arm was about 50 feet in front of it, and some other odd stuff.

#71 Devils Advocate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 636 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostTuku, on 06 November 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Im pretty sure that movement slows your heat dissapation ...standing still should always improve it by a bit.

Well moving my slow it, but standing shouldn't 'improve' it. I should be losing 28 heat per second while standing but instead I'm losing about 40. When moving it's closer to 28 heat per second, but I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

#72 Sable Hawk

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostJohn Decker, on 06 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I drive a Centurion most of the time except when my repair bills get high. I'm new to the game compared to most of the posters here but have been recently having quite a bit of success. I built a Centurion with an Er PPC and 2 streak srms + 2 small pulse lasers and was pretty convinced that this setup let me kill much more efffectively.

Since patch the difference is incredible I am now pretty much no threat to lights (primary reason I made the build) and when attacked and brawling not able to kill anyone before I am cored like in the first 2 seconds, or 20 depending onthe skill of the team.
Once in my Centurion I was something that might have to be considered dangerous. I'd storm onto the battlefield happily blowing away the scouts I ran accross (usually) and happily playing with heavies and giving them some account of my presence at the least. That was yesterday, now...I go back to the drawing board to try and figure out what will work for me . If it doesn't I'll just watch that that door doesnt hit.

There was a serious problem with the Centurion's invulnerability - as in I watched repeatedly as Centurion took more hits than an Atlas and while the Atlas was cored, the Centurion kept on walking. - Thankfully this has seemingly been addressed (no Medium should be able to have three Heavies and an Assault focusing fire on it for an extended period of time and still be standing, not when the same lance is eliminating Assaults in less time.

That said - the "double" heat sinks are funky - says 1.4 efficiency but the guys I run with report either really fast heat droppage or no change at all. I won't use them until they are actually worth using.using up two additional slots just for .4 of a heat sink? Not worth the expense.

#73 goodpa1n

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

edit: I just saw a more complete patch notes than the one posted before

Edited by goodpa1n, 06 November 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#74 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Mechs are back to having metal osteoporosis again. I take a two foot step off a ledge, my leg armour shatters. Was fixed and working perfectly last patch, no idea why things keep reverting to previous bugginess.

#75 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostAC, on 06 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

That and welding in the mech bay. They REALLY need to take a stern look at their project management skills. This game needs content. REAL content. Maps...bigger maps.... More game modes. And instead we get bobble heads and welding. :)

Not everyone on the team is working on maps or mechs and those that are, probably are working on bigger maps, new maps and new mechs - its easier for those working on the small things to finish them than the teams working on the important stuff.

View Postwarp103, on 06 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

wtf 3 kills and no xp or point for missile kills. how can you even let this out of the gate with a error like that. Now the trail mech have a atlas lol can you says walking death match.

You get the points, just dont come up in the score at the end

#76 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostBluten, on 06 November 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Piranha needs to hire this guy for typing the patch notes. I guess they felt this stuff wasn't worth mentioning but personally I'd like to read EVERYTHING that is different.

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence. I just enjoy these type of threads and since nobody made one and I noticed a ton of stuff. I made one. :)

#77 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostAC, on 06 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

That and welding in the mech bay. They REALLY need to take a stern look at their project management skills. This game needs content. REAL content. Maps...bigger maps.... More game modes. And instead we get bobble heads and welding. :)

I agree since they could have used that time to implement *gasp* a chat lobby. I know it's shocking to ever think of having a proper chat lobby. This is the only game I know of that does not have chat lobbies.

#78 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostShiney, on 06 November 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Fun fun fun... thanks for the 'real' info

No problem, just doing my part.

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 06 November 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I agree since they could have used that time to implement *gasp* a chat lobby. I know it's shocking to ever think of having a proper chat lobby. This is the only game I know of that does not have chat lobbies.

A feature I have requested from day 1 many times.

#79 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostDevils Advocate, on 06 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Well moving my slow it, but standing shouldn't 'improve' it. I should be losing 28 heat per second while standing but instead I'm losing about 40. When moving it's closer to 28 heat per second, but I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

I watched a Jenner with its head attached about 2 meters off the end of its arm. Also, there was a catapult I could see through.

#80 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Didnt take a magician to spot those... Love my play on... Oh hell with it im going to bed

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users