153 replies to this topic

#41 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Artemis must be a place holder because no way it is working right. LOS still and slow to aquire targets.

#42 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Ssrm's also had their spread increased.

Edited by lsp, 06 November 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#43 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostClay Pigeon, on 06 November 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

If you strip a section of the mech, the next damage it takes completely destroys the internals, even if its just from a single small laser. Saw it happen.

I'll see you next week, or whenever this gets fixed. Internals having (effectively) no hp is game breaking.

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be playing this, either. They hotfix this, or the game's gonna die.

#44 Skylen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

I miss my cockpit being rocked by missles, now I can barely tell when i'm getting hit w/o looking at the armor status.
The force feedback to my cockpit when the missles hit let me played more conservatively and let me know when to get the hell out of there fast, but now i hardly realize im getting hit with missles.

I know theres a incoming missle detection now but I still cant tell if I dodged them or if they hit. I am forced to look at the armor status box all the time now to see if im getting hit, that sucks when your trying to make quick reactions while focusing on the game and sometimes you just don't notice.
I vote to change that back the way it was, it adds more realism to the game.

But other than that I enjoyed all the other changes I've noticed so far. Thanks PGI keep it coming =).

View PostAC, on 06 November 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

I support the impulse reduction on missiles. Getting chained or hit my multiple missile mechs was insane. it was enough to give you a seizure

It does rock your mech alot getting hit by multiple missle volleys, but it also does alot of damage too.
Maybe they can turn it down a bit but the way it is now I don't even notice anything, its like they are not even hitting.

Edited by Skylen, 06 November 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#45 sokitumi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

PGI struggles to even do patch notes well. Thank you for making this list OP.

on a side note... Like a full week between patches and they don't notice that missiles are not registering damage in score? How is that possible?

#46 Clay Pigeon

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 November 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be playing this, either. They hotfix this, or the game's gonna die.

You would think that something that glaring would get caught in QA.

#47 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 November 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Is this the reason I got one shotted for the first time since I started playing? I took a direct head shot from a ppc I think, and died instantly. May have been ac/20 can't remember. Probably ac20.

Edited by lsp, 06 November 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#48 AC

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 06 November 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

c'mon, they are not THAT nerfed. they spread more and cannot do 90° turns anymore.

But incomplete patch notes....yeah, that sucks.

Agreed. But completely removing them kind of breaks the immesion IMO.

I can't argue with that. But getting knocked as hard as an atlas kicking you is not realistic either. They are tuning... that that is good to see. I am sure it will get tuned in over time. Not worried about this one as much as other aspects right now.

#49 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostClay Pigeon, on 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

You would think that something that glaring would get caught in QA.

Dude, they don't do QA, they farm it out to IGP, and IGP gives zero *****.

#50 NeImporte

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Another missed item: DHS are still being called DHS... instead of 1.4HS! That is all... :rolleyes:

#51 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

I am assuming engines now have critical hp just like weapons and if you engine runs out of critical hps, you mech is destroyed just like being cored.

Edited by ManDaisy, 06 November 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#52 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Postlsp, on 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Is this the reason I got one shotted for the first time since I started playing? I took a direct head shot from a ppc I think, and died instantly. May have been ac/20 can't remember. Probably ac20.

Yes. Once your armor's gone, the section is very open to getting blasted off in a single shot.

View PostManDaisy, on 06 November 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

I am assuming engines now have critical hp just like weapons and if you engine runs out of critical hps, you mech is destroyed just like being cored.

No, you just lose any section that's been stripped of armor to any attack. It doesn't matter if it's a small laser, a machinegun bullet, or an AC20.

#53 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Piranha needs to hire this guy for typing the patch notes. I guess they felt this stuff wasn't worth mentioning but personally I'd like to read EVERYTHING that is different.

#54 OpCentar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostSign, on 06 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

I just saw the most absurd LRM thing happen.

I fired a volley of two LRM15 into an enemy. I lost the lock while they were mid-flight, and regained it as they were about to hit the ground, about an Atlas's height from the floor.

THE MISSILES ACTUALLY TURNED 180° IN THE AIR AND GAINED ALTITUDE AGAIN before dropping on the enemy mech's head. No Artemis whatsoever.

Something is seriously wrong with LRM trajectories.

True, I have seen similar things.

Multiple times I have reaquired lock just as my LRMs were about to hit the floor, about same distance from ground as enemy mech. What did they do? insta 90° turn straight into the targeted mech legs.

#55 deputydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Lots of devs omit from patch notes because they forget to tell someone they added it. As long as they fix bugs, undocumented additions are welcome.

#56 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postdeputydog, on 06 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Lots of devs omit from patch notes because they forget to tell someone they added it. As long as they fix bugs, undocumented additions are welcome.

It's actually a really bad thing from a development standpoint, because the notes are where internal QA is supposed to start their testing. If they don't know something's been changed, they don't know to make sure the change didn't break something.

It IS true that lots of devs do it, though. We have all sorts of expensive version control software to help w/it and it STILL happens on occasion.

Edited by SteelPaladin, 06 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#57 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hey guys, remember how people (including me) complained about LRMs being too strong, and game becoming LRM-centric since the 2 dmg buff?

So... yeah... glad this patch helped.

Sweet Blake and His executives save us

#58 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

*Internals changed from 2x armor value to 0.

#59 John Decker

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I drive a Centurion most of the time except when my repair bills get high. I'm new to the game compared to most of the posters here but have been recently having quite a bit of success. I built a Centurion with an Er PPC and 2 streak srms + 2 small pulse lasers and was pretty convinced that this setup let me kill much more efffectively.

Since patch the difference is incredible I am now pretty much no threat to lights (primary reason I made the build) and when attacked and brawling not able to kill anyone before I am cored like in the first 2 seconds, or 20 depending onthe skill of the team.

Brawling: Prior to patch I had about an 80% success rate of being able to go at a small group pick a medium light or even sometimes a heavy and take him out before I went down. I guess those may be the glory days now. It might be that I just suck at the game. While I am willing to admit to some suckage, I doubt the suck factor is totally to blame, although of course it could be. If the suck factor is the major reason then no-one will miss me as I avoid the door hitting me on the way out.

Heatsinks: The double heatsinks I puchased to pull off the kills I was generating now allow me like 4 or 5 shots...then I have to run off and hide until my heat gets bled off. Seems liike boring long fights where I cant kill anything unless I am supported by 2 or three guys might be the norm for me now. Pre-patch I had like 1.48 raton now I have like 1.03 or somethign like that.

Some of the other changes are very welcome especially the incoming missle signal, but this is making the already steep learning curve of this game steeper. Frankly I may not be the hotshot that many claim to be but I have a hard time believing that the average gamer ( who hasn't ever even HEARD of torso twisting) is going to have a hell of a time.

Once in my Centurion I was something that might have to be considered dangerous. I'd storm onto the battlefield happily blowing away the scouts I ran accross (usually) and happily playing with heavies and giving them some account of my presence at the least. That was yesterday, now...I go back to the drawing board to try and figure out what will work for me . If it doesn't I'll just watch that that door doesnt hit.

#60 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Guys guys, I think I figured out the issue with internals.

ANY HIT FROM ANYTHING causes a crit, not a chance to crit, but 100% a crit, to anything[maybe everything at once] inside the section, so side torsos die instantly if you have any ammo in there unless you have lots of heatsink padding, and engines die after 1 or two hits from any weapon [cockpits too]. Which instantly kills you.

Every hit has a 100% chance to crit, every item seems to only have like .04 HP now.

So empty parts or parts that don't contain anything explosive won't be destroyed right away and will take as much damage to kill as normal, but parts where you have anything explosive or an engine will kill you right away.

Edited by QuantumButler, 06 November 2012 - 05:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users