Undocumented Patch Notes 11/06/2012

153 replies to this topic

#81 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostTheMagician, on 06 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

PGI does not provide us with actual complete patch notes. So, its up to the community to pick apart the game to figure out just what PGI is changing. Here's a few:

-LRMs have increased arc, similar to early open-beta, so they will go over nearly every building or hill.
-Cockpit dmg not implemented
-New structure placed at bases, that provides additional cover.

LRM's do not seem to have fire that way every time. Maybe it's only indirect targeting, I'm not sure, but I know they don't do it every time. Maybe a bug or something, cannot figure it out.

#82 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostAC, on 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

I watched a Jenner with its head attached about 2 meters off the end of its arm. Also, there was a catapult I could see through.

Damn, that would be awesome vid to capture. Fraps it!

#83 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 06 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

The Nvidia Bobblehead is now buncing....thank God now I can play !

srsly, I think PGI should re-think their priority list. just sayin.

This was actually a pretty big issue for me. You can't call it a bobblehead if it doesn't move in some way.

#84 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostElizander, on 06 November 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

This was actually a pretty big issue for me. You can't call it a bobblehead if it doesn't move in some way.

To be honest I enjoy it a lot more now.
I assumed it was responsible for all the bloom we had since it's Nvidia thing and I remember when Nvidia released bloom and made a big deal of it with Dawn haha.

Edited by Kaelus, 06 November 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#85 Keisuke Nagisa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostDesrtfox, on 06 November 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

The steeper angle of LRMs is not undocumented, it is part of the Artemis functionality.

Another undocumented "feature" is than now SSRMS miss more frequently (and no, I'm not talking about the spread damage)

Not sure about that. My mechs without artemis still launch up and not straight like they used to

#86 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Um...I think there is at least 2 official patch notes posted, 1 pre-patch notes posted, and now these unofficial undocumented patch notes.... And how sure are we that we've got all the info on this patch? LOL

Yes, to complete patch notes...please.

Oh and while I know pre-"fix" engine DHS raised max heat threshold by 1, and the engine free slots and chassis were working as 2's...I never heard if any of the DHS pre-"fix", were doing the .2 dissipation they should...or if it was still .1 even for engine free slots/chassis DHS....

Is it .14 for all of them now like the 1.4 threshold?...or did they at least give DHS its .2 dissipation while just making the threshold 1.4? If threshold is 1.4 AND dissipation is 1.4...that sux.

They should at least give them .2 dissipation if they are only going to give them 1.4 for threshold...if they didn't do .2 dissipation yet.

Edited by Onyx Rain, 06 November 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#87 WaZzA

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostElizander, on 06 November 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Restless nights? Constantly get up to see if the head is bobbling? :ph34r: Greater concerns elsewhere good friend though you have a point with it's name & the action it brings.

#88 Daycrist Bloodfang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

and they said 2.0 Double Heat sinks was going to raise DPS and break the game....they must have been hiding the LRMs

#89 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostDaycrist Bloodfang, on 06 November 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

and they said 2.0 Double Heat sinks was going to raise DPS and break the game....they must have been hiding the LRMs

Best comment so far today. :P

#90 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

F9 now shows position in addition to fps. Haven't figured out what order x, y, z are in.

#91 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

bump

#92 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I don't understand the comments about zero armor sections getting destroyed with any hit. I saw red CTs take three bursts of twin medium lasers and another swallowed three salvos of 2 SRM 6/ 1 SRM 4. The engine did not get critted and destroy the mech at the mere touch of my medium lasers as one posted suggested.

I did see buggy LRM characteristcs that reminded me of past LRM builds sneaking in for a quick return. (Aside from the whole Artemis high angle thing). I had one match where my artemis LRMs couldn't decide if they were flat trajectory direct fire more or high arc indirect mode. All other matches they were always high arc, indirect.

#93 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Did you include

Increase of all heat sink efficiency on the two snow maps?

Oh and Increased LRM velocity with direct line of sight + Artemis.

Edited by mwhighlander, 07 November 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#94 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

The film grain filter is finally gone on most (all?) maps!

#95 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostNeImporte, on 06 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Another missed item: DHS are still being called DHS... instead of 1.4HS! That is all... :P

I think they are correctly called ROUND(SQRT(2),1) Heat Sinks.

#96 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I actually repaired and started the match with damaged internals. I know I have auto-repair on. Not sure what caused it. :P

Posted Image

#97 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 06 November 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Guys guys, I think I figured out the issue with internals.

ANY HIT FROM ANYTHING causes a crit, not a chance to crit, but 100% a crit, to anything[maybe everything at once] inside the section, so side torsos die instantly if you have any ammo in there unless you have lots of heatsink padding, and engines die after 1 or two hits from any weapon [cockpits too]. Which instantly kills you.

Every hit has a 100% chance to crit, every item seems to only have like .04 HP now.

So empty parts or parts that don't contain anything explosive won't be destroyed right away and will take as much damage to kill as normal, but parts where you have anything explosive or an engine will kill you right away.

This is actualy, if I remember right...TT canon they toke over and how it should be?!? or?

You guys need to understand what a critical hit in Battletech is. Ok, most of you know this, but a handfull might still be in the typical MMO or FPS "crit" thinking.

EVERY hit taken to a part that has no armor...is a critical hit. It has nothing to do with higher damage chance or raising damage at all. Once you get hit in that body part (that has no armor) you have to roll and see what internal part is hit. That Part is IMMI taken out. If this is the cockpit....game over...if this is ammo...game over...if its the engine...game over...if its a foot actuator, then you move slower.

This internal has 2x hitpoints is one of the big reasons why smal mechs (light tonage=not much armor=1AC20 hit is usualy game over) live as long and can take more then a handfull hits. I dont know how many times i hit a raven with my AC20...he toke damage, was internal but was still alive. Now, with 1 direct hit, maybe two...its internal (crit) almost immi and booom goes the smal

The armor points are the hitpoints, once you have none left...well...your out...or close to it.

Internals have 0 hitpoints...yo dont wanna die to a smal laser hitting your ammo? Buy armor! No more room? Check what the maximum armor on your mech is, check how far below you are...find a playable balance...take out some weapons maybe?

#98 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostCole Allard, on 07 November 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

This is actualy, if I remember right...TT canon they toke over and how it should be?!? or?

You guys need to understand what a critical hit in Battletech is. Ok, most of you know this, but a handfull might still be in the typical MMO or FPS "crit" thinking.

EVERY hit taken to a part that has no armor...is a critical hit. It has nothing to do with higher damage chance or raising damage at all. Once you get hit in that body part (that has no armor) you have to roll and see what internal part is hit. That Part is IMMI taken out. If this is the cockpit....game over...if this is ammo...game over...if its the engine...game over...if its a foot actuator, then you move slower.

This internal has 2x hitpoints is one of the big reasons why smal mechs (light tonage=not much armor=1AC20 hit is usualy game over) live as long and can take more then a handfull hits. I dont know how many times i hit a raven with my AC20...he toke damage, was internal but was still alive. Now, with 1 direct hit, maybe two...its internal (crit) almost immi and booom goes the smal

The armor points are the hitpoints, once you have none left...well...your out...or close to it.

Internals have 0 hitpoints...yo dont wanna die to a smal laser hitting your ammo? Buy armor! No more room? Check what the maximum armor on your mech is, check how far below you are...find a playable balance...take out some weapons maybe?

No see

in TT you rolled to see what crit you hit, if nothing was in that crit slot, no effect, just internal damage.

In MWO, if there is anything in the section at all, say a heatsink, it basically works as if the shot kept rerolling for crits until it scored a "hit" on the actual component.

So a torso section with only one heatsink and like 12 free critslots works as if there was only ONE crit slot, the slot that the heatsink occupies.

Edited by QuantumButler, 07 November 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#99 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 07 November 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

in TT you rolled to see what crit you hit, if nothing was in that crit slot, no effect, just internal damage.

your 200% sure on this?

empty slots just count internals and that it? I remember that its reroll until something get hit, since its a critical hit. But I could be wrong...20 years make this all veeeery foggy.

#100 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 07 November 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

No see

In MWO, if there is anything in the section at all, say a heatsink, it basically works as if the shot kept rerolling for crits until it scored a "hit" on the actual component.

So a torso section with only one heatsink and like 12 free critslots works as if there was only ONE crit slot, the slot that the heatsink occupies.

Incorrect about crits in TT. If you hit a location with nothing there you rerolled until you hit something.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users