#61 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostUltuan, on 07 November 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Well they call it beta but it's clearly not one. A beta is when all funcionnality are implemented. You should only add contents and fix bugs, not adding new features...
That said in nowdays online game dev tends to call beta everything.
Likewise they ask you to pay to play their prototype while some years ago the company I was working for were hiring people to test their games.
My guess is that they don't even have a QA test before submitting new version. If they had one, in the patch note they would describe what serious bugs are in to avoid complaints.
Anyway, I'll wait for the next patch.

I believe you have that backwards.

Beta is when we are testing new features.Not all functionality is implemented in beta. If all functionality is in the game we are in the final stages of beta. When all fuctionality has been thoroughly tested we arrive at a release candidate.

Gentlemen please calm down and take your seats. Military Intelligence advises we will be in beta until Community Warfare is in place and adequately tested. Until that time 'Ours is not to question why; Ours is but to do and
<cue sirens>
DIEEEE!!!!"</sirens>

Edited by OriginalTibs, 07 November 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#62 Jaded Jasper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Missile Fix Incoming? Sweet!

Wait a sec, that's not the Missile Fix I was looking for. :-/

#63 Ras187

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Sorry sir, But When u implement something like artemis in the Game would it not been a idea to do the same with EMC at the same moment...

#64 OnLashoc

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

WoW LRM's are waaay OP now.

I have seen nothing but missleboats in all the games I've played since yesterdays patch. In a Jenner running 140 KPH with AMS and weaving between buildings and max cover, I'd say the LRM's are hitting at a 90+% rate.

Seems a bit high to me.

#65 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 07 November 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

because u kids dont pay for the game. its us working people with little spare time that want to hop into a handful matches and have fair battles. we pay for your game so **** and wait for phase 3, crybaby.

I dont have founder tag so i dont wanna buy some MCs for mechbays?Hmmm weird...
Now i rly dont want to buy anything since i have only 2 mechs in mechbays,but when i want more mechs i have to pay...

#66 I Just Ate Your Grapes Bro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

yeah.... cause we wouldn't want all the poor little LRM boaters missing out on anything.... good thing THIS is what has taken priority after this horribly broken patch, guess I'll be back in a week and a half to see if they've bothered fixing anything before releasing the next one..........

Good to come out with such a horribly broken patch to show all the Open Beta players how you guys have been handling patches in the past, at least it sets the bar low...

#67 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostSekard, on 07 November 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

I'm basically only repairing my mechs structure after matches since this patch. Having my new centurion blow up and getting slapped with 120k repairs sucks.

Lotsa zombies floating around now because of the LRM problem. Can't blame ya.

#68 I Just Ate Your Grapes Bro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 07 November 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

because u kids dont pay for the game. its us working people with little spare time that want to hop into a handful matches and have fair battles. we pay for your game so **** and wait for phase 3, crybaby.

How does it make anyone a little kid to NOT pay for a beta game? From where I'm sitting you are the sucker that paid for something that EVERY other game EVER has offered up free? What happens if this game never launches? I even agree with the rest of your point, but that is just ignorance at its finest....

#69 D1G17AL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 103 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostSL the Pyro, on 06 November 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Guys, remember that this is the Beta; nothing is set in stone yet. Wait until the devs put out everything pertaining to a gameplay element - and I mean everything - before you lash out at them about it.

To everyone whining about LRMs being overpowered: the dev team is working on the ECM. This will be your countermeasure. I really don't agree with altering the LRM trajectory because hitting targets over tricky terrain is exactly what LRMs/the Artemis system/NARCs and TAGs are for, and taking that away would make them nigh-useless.

I personally have enough problems just trying to get them past the terrain I'm firing from, like behind a hill; you'd think bending the torso up would make the missiles launch up into the sky before curving towards your target, but they still fly straight into the hill instead. I take this as an acceptable detriment though, as I admit being able to remain completely hidden while spamming LRMs would be horrendously overpowered.

...Okay, rant aside, good on the devs for responding to this issue so quickly. This tells me that you do in fact listen to the playerbase and care about your product, which is more than what can be said for a lot of other MMO makers out there. Keep it up, peeps.

This.

This makes sense by the way, I was having a discussion with some players the other day about the LRM trajectory issue and we came to the agreement that if you are Tagged/Narc'd and they have Artemis then the trajectory should likely be changed in favor of the LRM boat at that point. Artemis closes missile spread and thus enhances accuracy, TAG allows Missile Boats to more effectively target enemies as if they had a direct line of sight, with the two combined it should result in a net gain that favors the Missile user much more. ECM will be the thing that cuts down the effectiveness of the TAG/NARC + Artemis that is destroying everyone at this time.

#70 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

ECM will mess up the targeting electronic for the artemis and narc not sure if it will mess up the laser targeting of tag though. First rule kill mech with tag second rule duck and shoot , third rule if you don't like LRM stay in cave, ice tunnel or under structure until they run out of missile to shoot at you.

But ECM should have been include when artemis went in the game.

Edited by Bullseye69, 07 November 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#71 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

My thoughts on seeing this thread: Oh good, they realize the massive imbalance towards missiles and are going to fix it.

My thoughts on reading this thread: Or maybe they're just going to tweak it to make sure the bloody missiles boats get their reward.

#72 Damodred

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Well, guys I quite like how artemis works on SRMs now but thats the way they should behave in regular. launching -> straight flightpath for the first ~100m then spreading.

BUT

LRMs are taking all the fun away. brawler role = wait in cover and whistle while LRM boats are shooting everything to pieces.

just my 5 cents on role warfare.
cheers
Damo

#73 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Ughh. May just wait till the next patch before I play again, was quite looking forward to this one, but it sounds aweful. I only have time to play during the weekend, so this weekend may see a bit more time with other games or...going outside!

#74 Prophet of Entropy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 319 posts
  • LocationStar Kingdom of Manticore

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

yea the artemis lrm flight paths are what is OP atm but can be overcome.

but yea current lrm+art makes slow close range brawlers death traps unless the other team completely ignores you. i did get 6 kills in my ac20 cat last night when no one shot at me. but mostly it was 1 then too much lrm damage for me to keep going (ac20s are super easy to be taken out by crits).

#75 Kerosene

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

The problem is not Artemis itself; its the attack angle:

Posted Image

It's way too steep for normal locks.

I'm fine with a 90 degree angle if your using TAG. that makes sense; but this...

NARC should provide Locks despite no LOS (im a little quesy on how it apparently turns SRMs into streaks)
TAG should give LOS and change the trajectory to the 90 degrees we see above.
Artemis should just tighten LRM spread.

And ECM should cancel out all the above effects within 180m... Maybe make locks take longer as well...

Simple right?
Maybe not; it's probably just an design oversight; so expect better soon. ;)

#76 Silmaril

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationTukkayyid

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm also staying optimistic. Yes, this BETA has been handled differently from other BETA's, but the business model is also fairly unique and actually from the perspective of someone working in the software field quite interesting. Their change management has made a mistake and their release and deployment strategy might seem odd..but that's no reason to blast them. The general world is not perfect and neither is the world of change management. So at the moment we have problems with balance...anybody here that was around for the start of other MMOs that would like to back me up here and share a story? I kind of remember playing WoW when it first came out and it was a disaster. Just keep it going and get us a working ECM...then we'll take care of their spotter mechs ;)

#77 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

the lack of damage shake sucks, the game felt a lot better last patch. LRMS obviously suck...no need to go there.

But otherwise this patch has upped stability & performance in general, and too many comments here are much too dramatic.

#78 Beyer Pollard

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 50 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

RE: Does “Missile Fix” refer to just fixing C-Bills for missile damage or LRM flight paths as well:

View PostGully0815, on 07 November 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

WardenWolf an hour ago

The latest patch (yesterday) changed LRM arcs substantially - something that was not noted in the patch notes. Can you confirm if this was a bug, or if this is intended LRM behavior? If it is intended, what is the counter supposed to be? Cover - even tall buildings or cliffs - is no longer effective in stopping incoming missiles as they simply fly over and then straight down on top of mechs.
Posted Image RussBullock @WardenWolf an hour ago

Bug. Got past our process, a failure. That is why Open Beta is so important we need to perfect our processes with a large player base. This should be hot fixed very soon.

quote end

NB: Russ does not actually specify whether the flight paths will be hotfixed or whether we’ll be waiting ’till next full patch.

#79 Ferventus

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Garth,
I hardly post in forums so I hope this stands out a little more to you.

PLEASE put your ears to the ground or just look up and read the signs: LRM/Artemis is really, really, unbalanced right now. To say title your post: "LRM fix incoming", then say the fix is the addition of exp to LRM usage? I predict that you are going to anger a lot of customers.

If you are interested in hearing "the reasons why" from a paying supporter, please feel free to contact me.

-F

Edited by Ferventus, 07 November 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#80 Erasus Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 383 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of Mind

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostD1G17AL, on 07 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

This.

This makes sense by the way, I was having a discussion with some players the other day about the LRM trajectory issue and we came to the agreement that if you are Tagged/Narc'd and they have Artemis then the trajectory should likely be changed in favor of the LRM boat at that point. Artemis closes missile spread and thus enhances accuracy, TAG allows Missile Boats to more effectively target enemies as if they had a direct line of sight, with the two combined it should result in a net gain that favors the Missile user much more. ECM will be the thing that cuts down the effectiveness of the TAG/NARC + Artemis that is destroying everyone at this time.

I`d second this.

artemis and tag should add upt o what lrms do now, but lrm damage overall is too high.
if no TAG= Flight paths like pre patch with long travel time,
if Tag=if tag then same flight path as of now.
if no artemis= wider spread then it is now without artemis.
if artemis= same spread pattern than now with artemis.

BUT no artemis lrm dmg per missile reduced to 1.5 or lower.
Artemis missile dmg to 1 flat.

please double ammo per ton. so the dps loss is covered and lrm boats dont need to sacrifice this massive amounts of tonnage to ammo.

this would help the missile boats with their economy as well and they arent so strong anymore.

perhaps increase heat generated by lrm racks. my atlas with 2 lrm 20 with 1660 lrms is running heat neutral at 13 dhs, and even with my 2 large lasers i have some room to fire evrything i have without worrying about heat as long as it is not caustic valley.

on a side note, large lasers are super cool atm, they dont feel overpowered but they have quite a punch. i think they are the best balanced weapon at the moment. who is with me on that topic? :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users