Missile Fix Incoming

101 replies to this topic

#41 Tokra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

I was really excited when i read about a missile fix. Didnt think of a "buff" :lol:.

Now its even more worth to just spam missiles, as you get damage and the credits for this as well. Really smart.

/facepalm.

Everyone tell you that they are broken and ruin the game. And all you do, with the emergency fix, is adjusting the missing damage? Total unbelivable....

#42 Radosvet

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 07 November 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

Except every C-Bill and every Mech Credit you spend on something. No more resets. If you lose a few million bucks thanks to broken LRMs, they are gone. If you bought a mech that needed "real" DHS to function for MC and have now nerfed DHS, the MC remain spend. If you bough a few upgrades that didn't evne work as advertised and then get even nerfed (while still being advertised as the old)... The C-Bills are gone.

That's cool.

Do you know if modern missiles deal 2 damage or 1 damage per missile to Battletech Armour?

all i wanted to say is that from the logic and phisics the flight path of LRM could be nearly any, and devs must pick the maximum effective one for conditions "7...17 meters height tanks surrounded by rocks, buildings and etc" which wont be against the laws of phisics. Only after that they must not to forget about optimization of the balance (ECM, possibility to intercept missiles with lasers and machine guns and etc)

#43 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

They did advise they were rolling back some netcode. I suspect LRM flightpaths were part of that.

#44 Spencley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

I wish people would stop saying "Its beta" . This is a F2P model... like every other Free to play model the open beta is actually just an excuse to release the game to the general public early and allow them to make an income of the game regardless of the state it is in or ends up in after a patch. Distinctly different model to a game you pay once for or a monthly subscription. These games need to be as close to finished as possible. The player buys the game then the monthly subscription if the first month is bad alot of players dont come back even after its been patched a few times incase they waste another month of subscription.

Free2play - Release it in open beta watch your profits rise, if you screw up a patch. "Sorry its still in beta" Even if someone puts money in if you screw the game up theres a chance there going to come back with in a patch or two because its free

The games current state is drastically broken. LRM missiles now almost never miss a missile. You currently die if you take any damage after armor is broken. This results in a salvo of 20 LRM missiles able to destroy a light if they have artemis and a tag.
They hold out on ECM because there internal testers think its broken and to Over powered, Did they just refuse to use the new LRM/Artemis builds. They also reduce the effect of the DHS whilst upping the Heat created by Lasers to its correct amount. So lasers are now less usefull and balistic weapons are still to heavy to mount effectively without having to destroy your mech in other parts.

This results in pretty much every game now consisting of 5 or 6 out 8 players using LRM boats. Heck i cant afford an LRM boat so i have put to LRMx15+Artemis on my Raven 3l with 3 lasers and it works incredibly well due to the clearly broken LRM issues.

Then to top it off they say they are working on a hot fix that will fix the reward of xp and C-Bills for using missiles thus removing the very tiny and the only thing deterring some peopling of the LRM's at the moment. Personally id like to see the LRM's go back to like they were before the patch remove Artemis untill you give us ECM which lets face it will probably be a huge pile s*** or stupidly broken it forces everyone to play it.

#45 devast8ndiscodave

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Garth this is NOT a missile fix. Clearly you are not reading the forums because if you did then the missile fix would be a reduction in damage/accuracy. All this does is encourage more LRM boating. Clueless, ***** clueless.
Faith in you guys is dropping like a lead weight, every patch has been a disappointment. Players do NOT find this patch fun.

#46 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

doesn't help that the CPLT-C1 is a trial 'mech either

#47 wuselfuzz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 07 November 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

Except every C-Bill and every Mech Credit you spend on something. No more resets. If you lose a few million bucks thanks to broken LRMs, they are gone. If you bought a mech that needed "real" DHS to function for MC and have now nerfed DHS, the MC remain spend. If you bough a few upgrades that didn't evne work as advertised and then get even nerfed (while still being advertised as the old)... The C-Bills are gone.

I'd rather not spend my founder's MC at this stage for anything obtainable otherwise. Except... I made that stupid mistake of clicking the wrong button _twice_ and since the "this cannot be reversed" message looks the same for MC and CB, I'm down 5k MC.

But in any case, I'd rather keep my nerfed/broken/wrongly advertized mechs instead of losing _everything_ in a reset again.

/edit: Since founders are able to restart their premium time some time in the future, what exactly would be different to the game if you were _not_ be able to buy MC at this time? Oh, alright, nobody, except the founders, could have a YLW. Big loss, but that's it.

Edited by wuselfuzz, 07 November 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#48 Ronin Starwalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Go-cho
  • Go-cho
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

This makes me LOL som much to almost QQ.

Who gives a sh*t about the damage tracker not working.

There's an ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM MF's!

#49 Sekard

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostAlexWildeagle, on 07 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Yeah. This is absolutely moronic! And their biggest worry is XP. How bout the C-bills and XP I'm losing because these idiotic missiles are causing insta-death. PGI is proving to be a pretty ****** company.

I'm basically only repairing my mechs structure after matches since this patch. Having my new centurion blow up and getting slapped with 120k repairs sucks.

#50 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostGoatHumper, on 06 November 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for a somewhat effective countermeasure for missiles. AMS is nearly worthless, and LRMs dodge cover too easily - perhaps straightening the flight path out a little bit? i.e. instead of making it a high arc with a very steep ending (resulting in cover being nearly ineffective as well as much head damage), make it a more even, "normal" arc so that it still goes over mountains and some terrain, but cover can still be used effectively against them.

That's my only gripe against this game at this point - LRMs are slightly OP'd due to the trajectory issues I mentioned above, but the lack of effective countermeasures makes it far worse. Either "fix" the trajectory, or introduce more effective countermeasures.

Athanos Kerensky Likes This

#51 iHover

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBerne NY

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

I dont think anyone at PGI even plays this game. LRMs buff after buff after buff. PGI are they doing enough damage now? perhaps you should just have anything NOT sporting LRMs explode right after the countdown. Then just spread the xp across the other teams remaining LRM boats.

#52 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostOriginalTibs, on 07 November 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

They did advise they were rolling back some netcode. I suspect LRM flightpaths were part of that.

Whilst this is the likely answer, (it probably also rolled back changes to some other systems), it should have been picked up before it was patched to the live servers imo.

They specifically changed the flight path of LRM's because no cover could protect you bar a cave...... or bridge...(we didnt have bridges at the time as river city wasnt in rotation). So any QA member who fired LRM's or recived them would have known something was wrong and brought it up.......or at least...should have asked if that was intended.

They increased the dmg a tad to compensate for this from what I remember also.

Then when they added the need to keep lock they increased the dmg again.

Now LRMS are back to their old pathing, and have both the buffs to dmg still. Causing crying on the forums. :P

I can see maybe 3 options happened.

1. QA missed it, so did the devs, patch went through.
2. QA saw it, questioned it, devs let it through anyway. (either it was the desired outcome or it was an acceptable "problem" until a fix can be patched in)
3. 2 happened, but the devs didn't have time to fix it before patch day, not wanting to hold back a patch again, they pushed it through anyway deeming it an acceptable "problem" for now.

Whatever the reasons, it won't stay like this, and I can wait for a fix. Until then I will play on and have fun. Maybe even make a few vids of some lrm spam to benny hill music.... :lol:

#53 Shorr Khan

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 November 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

We're aware that missiles are counting as zero damage, and have a fix incoming within an hour or so. Stay tuned!

So, where is a fix?

#54 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

This is amazing. It's the only beta I've ever been on where the snaglist gets longer and longer as we proceed.

/golfclap

#55 Ultuan

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Well they call it beta but it's clearly not one. A beta is when all funcionnality are implemented. You should only add contents and fix bugs, not adding new features...
That said in nowdays online game dev tends to call beta everything.
Likewise they ask you to pay to play their prototype while some years ago the company I was working for were hiring people to test their games.
My guess is that they don't even have a QA test before submitting new version. If they had one, in the patch note they would describe what serious bugs are in to avoid complaints.
Anyway, I'll wait for the next patch.

#56 C0VVB3LL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Change standard LRM's so that they'll require LOS to lock. Allow Artemis LRM's to get the tighter groups with LOS and standard LRM grouping with non-LOS fire.

Problem solved, problem staying solved, Rangers lead the way!

#57 Silmaril

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationTukkayyid

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Missiles nowadays have a top-attack mode...so cover is not effective today and would more than likely not be in the future either. Lookup missiles ranging from the Javelin to Starstreak. They need to implement the Guardian ECM effectively. As far as I remember from BT the ECM system should generate an Umbrella and not protect the individual mech. Besides being more realistic to begin with, this would also enhance the role profiles of smaller mechs, increase team play and provide a counter against LRM boats, which would not be able to fire with guidance but only indirect...until the moment the other team manages to take out the ECM mech.

Edited by Silmaril, 07 November 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#58 BorgT6

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHalberstadt, Germany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

LRMs is for those who want to jerk off while playing MWO, clearly the missiles need a buff...
Posted Image

#59 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

I dont think my problem are some LRMs...but why am I SUPPOSED to play 8 player team game with only 3 friend in party just bcuz of some crybabies from forums unable of social communication just to find grp of friend to play with?

#60 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 07 November 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

I dont think my problem are some LRMs...but why am I SUPPOSED to play 8 player team game with only 3 friend in party just bcuz of some crybabies from forums unable of social communication just to find grp of friend to play with?

because u kids dont pay for the game. its us working people with little spare time that want to hop into a handful matches and have fair battles. we pay for your game so **** and wait for phase 3, crybaby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users