[Bug] Any Damage To Internals Kills The Section Instantly.

64 replies to this topic

#61 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostDraco Argentum, on 06 November 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

ive me a call when PGI is paying me to test. This game is charging real money for keeps, I won't be paying to beta test. Either PGI pays me or they stop charging for the game if they want free testing done.

Or maybe you just stop playing what is clearly labeled as an open beta test? Your presence is a priviledge you are free to give up. You will be notified when the game is ready for your full customer expectation.

#62 Magnolia

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

So yeah, we here at Kong have determined that any damage taken to a section that has lost armor, even a single machinegun bullet, will kill that section instantly, this is very very 'fun' if your CT is stripped Internals effectively have 1 HP now, this more or less makes the game unplayable, hopefully it will be hotfixed soon but I expect it to take a week or longer because I have no faith in PGI.

This is actually false. Anyone can discover this in just 1 match. I'm baffled by how many preceding posts there are agreeing with this.

Proper testing > superstition

View Postdaemur, on 06 November 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

This is an issue which is being addressed concerning the speed at which the paper doll is updating. I would like to point out that the mech is not dying from the initial hit, nor is it taking damage beyond what is expected. As is illustrated in your screenshots, the torso of both dead mechs is showing as orange, which would be the state of the mech prior to taking the killshot. At this point you are taking a significant amount of damage and dying. As for the machine gun one-shot kill, unless you have found a way to put AC20 bullets in you machine gun, it should still lag behind a bit in the way of damage. Thanks for the support.

Ditto

#63 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostUnstruck Fury, on 06 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Because the paper doll did not update quick enough. You took the correct amount of damage to be cored. However, The paper doll took to long in updating to show you that you went from yellow - to red to dead.

ANY hit to a section that doesn't have armor is capable of critting in TT. So if you get hit three times in the CT and they all end up engine crits you would shut down (be "dead" in mwo terms) regardless of if you still had internal structure left.

If MWO works like that and hit detection is massively improved that would explain a lot.

Edited by shabowie, 07 November 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#64 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I don't know if they implemented something special for the Gauss Rifle, but in several games recently I have had my Gauss blown out of my Atlas' torso while that torso still had 50% or more armor remaining front and back AFTER the Gauss was destroyed. Did they implement the fluff to make it easier to knock out than other weapons?

Edited by TostitoBandito, 07 November 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#65 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

My Atlas piloting friend expirienced this 3-4x yesterday and was ******** about it on skype allthetime. Didnt believe it but theres a lot of talk about this on the forums suddenly, you see people ask about this in unrelated threads aso.

Please take a closer look into this.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users