176 replies to this topic

#1 Nitehawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMy Booth at Shizuka's House of Pain, Wasteland, Montenegro, Solaris

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

Warriors of the Free Worlds League Military,

Before things get interesting, thankfully we have a bit of time on our hands to organize and settle in.

Chain of Command: this topic will repeatedly be up for debate, as is the tradition and practice of the House. With people just getting the word, and coming out of the woodwork, who knows who's coming to play. In the meantime, as we get our footing in this new place, as the last elected House Leader, for the interm I'll take the lead in the effort. This doesn't mean that I will be doing all of the work alone as this will be a group-effort.

Rosters Old: I know that many of you have old rosters. It's important that if you do, then please reach out to your old stable/regiment mates to come here, register, and make their presence known :) Also, if possible, please forward a copy of your rosters back to Nehrul, and/or myself. We would be grateful.

Rosters New: As we're collectively reaching out for the old, it would be helpful to know who's here in the present, both old and new. ON THIS TOPIC, can you please leave the following information (and if parts of what's requested are in your "signature", then that's less for you to type) so I can compile it:

• In-Game Handle (if different from the registered name used for this site)

• Last Rank

• Last Regiment/Stable/Unit

• What MPBT background do you have: GEnie, AOL, Kesmai/GameStorm, LineOne, EA, ISWars, and/or Other...including RPG Board Gaming as "Knowledge is Power"...and besides, you never know what might be needed (specify).

• Time Zone and Time Available to Play (using your local time)

• Interests: Piloting or Command (some are most comfortable in a Mech, while others love to burn the midnight oil)
Regarding email addresses: you can either add them on your post, or send them directly to me at lat1@ix.netcom.com if you don't want it posted for all to see.

Well, that's about all I can come up with at this time. As things develop, we'll keep each other in the loop.

Welcome Back and/or Aboard....

<VDB>

NTK

Edited by Nitehawk, 07 November 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#2 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

A bit early to be planting a flag and saying "I own this faction because I said so" no?

#3 DingleBerry

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MI

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

Im glad hes taking initiative rather then just sitting back. We have alot of catching up to do.. as do the rest of the houses. Would old rosters from years ago be useful as in contact info ect? Even tho im sure most are not valid anymore. Would you try some kinda mass mail? i have things from MPBT Solaris and maybe some 3025 rosters that are prolly 10-15 years old. Keep up the good work Nitehawk and Nehrul.

<S>

#4 Nitehawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

View PostDingleBerry, on 03 November 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

Im glad hes taking initiative rather then just sitting back. We have alot of catching up to do.. as do the rest of the houses. Would old rosters from years ago be useful as in contact info ect? Even tho im sure most are not valid anymore. Would you try some kinda mass mail? i have things from MPBT Solaris and maybe some 3025 rosters that are prolly 10-15 years old. Keep up the good work Nitehawk and Nehrul.

<S>

<VDB>

Mass mailing is a definite option. Combined with individuals sending stuff out for the more "personal" touch makes for a good 1-2 punch.

NTK

Edited by Nitehawk, 03 November 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#5 Shazear

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

Ok... Here goes w/ full data, might duplicate what's in the sig, but whatever:

Handle: Shazear
Last rank: Force Commander & Regiment Operations Coordinator
Last Unit: 1st Atrean Dragoons
MPBT History:
- Fallout Shelter Arcade in Minneapolis, MN with Tesla 2 pods running latest Firestorm code.
- MPBT:3025
- Virtual World in Pasadena, CA with v3.5 pods (before Telsa)
- Mechwarrior 1-4, MechCommander 1 & 2
Time Zone: Central US.
Availability: Weekend days & evenings & Mon/Tuesday after 8pm CT.
Interests: I did logistics in 3025, I would love to drop, but probably better at logistics than piloting.
Email: I'll send it to you Nitehawk.

#6 DingleBerry

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MI

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Sent you a E-mail with a Zip attached with old rosters and Info from long ago. Hope some of it brings back memories and a reminder of all the old people we used to hang out with. Mainly stuff from my units and Marik related stuff.

<S>

Edited by DingleBerry, 03 November 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#7 Sartris

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

<S> Been a while... the info is a bit fuzzy

-Handle: Sartris
-Last rank: Don't remember. Training officer? Don't really care about rank any more anyway. I am a servant of the Captain General. Do with me what you will. I'm flexible.
-Last Unit: Was sort of chaotic in MPBT Solaris right before 3025... I honestly couldn't tell you. I was a BCO in the 1st Free Worlds Guards for the better part of 1998 and 1999, served as an officer of various capacities in the 1st Atrean Dragoons after they started up until the game folded in 2001.
-MPBT History:
MPBT:Solaris 1998-2001.
Played all of the MechWarrior games, though never competitively.
-Time Zone: US Central
-Availability: No clue. Schedule will be changing dramatically before the game releases next summer.
-Interests: Largely depends on what the game will let us do. The role of the scout intrigues me the most currently.
-Email: prefer not to post. Will send.

<S>

Edited by sartris, 03 November 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#8 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

View PostGhost, on 03 November 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

A bit early to be planting a flag and saying "I own this faction because I said so" no?

Not really since he is one of the Known original members of the Marik Command staff from MW years ago and has earned it.

This is Not the first "Rodeo" for a lot of us and we have all been keeping in touch one way or another. All original 5 Houses have their Past and Present House Leaders that their community knows and even their oposing House knows. MWLL units are new units put together for MWLL not from the Original Organized MW days of combat and Planet capture.

Edited by Grafixâ„¢, 03 November 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#9 Paladyne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAndurien

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

MPBT3025 is in sig
Neveron Climbed through the ranks to CaptGen at one point

will take any job the House wants me too but combat operations is my strong point.

Tactics and strategy planning I am generally efficient but not brilliant

Never ask for command but usually end up there so like I said wherever the house needs me always do my best to be DoA if available

as I run my own company and am a single father and caretaker of my own father my scedule is pretty chaotic but with a bit of notice I can do my best to be on when needed. But family always comes first.

emailing my email

Edited by Paladyne, 03 November 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#10 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

View PostNitehawk, on 03 November 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

Warriors of the Free Worlds League Military,

Before things get interesting, thankfully we have a bit of time on our hands to organize and settle in.

Chain of Command: this topic will repeatedly be up for debate, as is the tradition and practice of the House. With people just getting the word, and coming out of the woodwork, who knows who's coming to play. In the meantime, as we get our footing in this new place, as the last elected House Leader, for the interm I'll take the lead in the effort. This doesn't mean that I will be doing all of the work alone as this will be a group-effort.

Rosters Old: I know that many of you have old rosters. It's important that if you do, then please reach out to your old stable/regiment mates to come here, register, and make their presence known :) Also, if possible, please forward a copy of your rosters back to Nehrul, and/or myself. We would be grateful.

Rosters New: As we're collectively reaching out for the old, it would be helpful to know who's here in the present. ON THIS TOPIC, can you please leave the following information (and if parts of what's requested are in your "signature", then that's less for you to type) so I can compile it:

• In-Game Handle (if different from the registered name used for this site)

• Last Rank

• Last Regiment/Stable/Unit

• What MPBT background do you have: GEnie, AOL, Kesmai/GameStorm, LineOne, EA, ISWars, and/or Other (specify)

• Time Zone and Time Available to Play (using your local time)

• Interests: Piloting or Command (some are most comfortable in a Mech, while others love to burn the midnight oil)
Regarding email addresses: you can either add them on your post, or send them directly to me at lat1@ix.netcom.com if you don't want it posted for all to see.

Well, that's about all I can come up with at this time. As things develop, we'll keep each other in the loop.

Welcome Back and/or Aboard....

<VDB>

NTK

I like how the MPBT guys belive that this game will be anything like what thier used to, given most of them played in Akward Mech 1 based graphics and engine originally while the rest of us played fully comprehensive up to date mechwarrior. There will be some give and take Im sure, and the former house leaders from Net Battletech, Registry, ADL, TKZ, Grand Council, Mech Lord League, War!Online will all want some kinds of say Im sure.

Edited by Hawkcrest, 03 November 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#11 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

IntruderAlert! here,

Was known as IA...I ran the original mech.net Kali95 server. (1995-1999)
and hosted the original FWL web site.
In fact, since i never throw anything away...I probably have a copy of everything on
an old hard drive somewhere around here...
I usually ran in a madcat, but sometimes preferred to play Dire Wolf missle boat..
My Game center and Internet service got so hectic i didn't follow FWL
on out of the netmech95 realm, although I have played all version of the game since solo.
Is DOA still in jail? O.o

ahh the memories....lag and strafe training on 28K dialup...good thing I was at the server :)

MECH.NET game center hosted the Microsoft launch of the xbox version of Mechwarriors...
And actually had to play as an invisible game host observer in the final game to allow the two winning teams
from east and west coasts to play the final National Competition Match..which was interesting..(they couldn't directly connect for some reason).

I sold the domain mech.com last year for 22K thinking it was never going to come out...but i kept
the domain www.mech.net I changed my game center name to heroesgaiming because we played
many different games and most kids had no idea of what a mechwarrior was....
in 2009 I closed the Game center as we felt economy belt tightening and other online games
that can be played at home like World of Warcraft take the final bite out of business.

I have an omage page up at http://www.heroesgan...tes/MechWarrior
Lots of mech history in the Articles....but you probably know all that already...

I'll look around for the copy of the FWL websites..there were tons of images in there.
That was all before the Jackel fiasco :| which was during the split of fwl into mw3 and netmech klingons.

I never had the patience with people to be in a command position...I just liked blasting stuff.. :}

I don't know what game engine they are going to use yet, But the dynamics of the older games..ie targeting just a leg...might be pretty hard to pull off in an MMORPG.

#12 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

To Ghost.. Yes it might be early but Nighthawk has been around um...forever...so who better?

Actually, if they follow the general way MMORPGs are made these days you might have the option of
joining a faction(house/clan)..but the "leaders" might end up being npc's...(hope not..but maybe)
Also,...i have a sneaking feeling we will all be House related and the CLANS will start attacking as the
all NPC based "evil" factions later in the games evolution.
If you look at the timeline, "WE" don't even know the CLANS
exist yet...albeit for rumors of some outer planets going quiet...."we" only know that 80% of the SLDF took off
for unkown space about 300 years or so ago...(prolly all died in some horrific space accident yes?) :)

-IA

#13 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

View PostGhost, on 03 November 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

Exactly. Game is way too far away, there are other players that will want to lead, and...

View PostGrafix™, on 03 November 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

Not really since he is one of the Known original members of the Marik Command staff from MW years ago and has earned it.

This is Not the first "Rodeo" for a lot of us and we have all been keeping in touch one way or another. All original 5 Houses have their Past and Present House Leaders that their community knows and even their oposing House knows. MWLL units are new units put together for MWLL not from the Original Organized MW days of combat and Planet capture.

This is a whole new rodeo and nothing done in the past maters to a great deal of us. We have all been in "rodeos" before and his past has no meaning here. Like I have said in other threads, battle testing will be the ONLY way that this house chooses it's leader. Be aware of the fact that House Marik has been made into the official House for MA players and the exiled console guys. As time goes on, the "rodeos" of yesteryear will have less meaning to the members here. Just because this fella was the leader in that scenario does not mean that he is automatically elected. So sit down and wait.

#14 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

Ahhh the Civil wars begin.... :)

I forsee a House Marik "Faction" that many -[FWL] Guilds with their own leaders belong too...It's just the way MMO's work..
Every Guild will need a Leader and his minions...Not too early to harvest a flock.

-IA

#15 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:48 AM

Uh...check your facts. This game will NOT be a MMO. A strategic FPS with focus on team play and urban warfare. No MMO action. This a new game and new leaders will rise. Just cuz somebody led the dance in the old days doesn't mean you are in charge here. Strong players follow strong leadership and capable battlefield expertise. Til the time comes, everything is just TALK.

#16 Sartris

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

Don't care who leads. I know it won't be me... though if this is going to be la casa de drama for 8 months, count me out. We're on week one. Calm the heck down everyone.

#17 Nitehawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

View Postred beard, on 04 November 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

Exactly. Game is way too far away, there are other players that will want to lead, and...

This is a whole new rodeo and nothing done in the past maters to a great deal of us. We have all been in "rodeos" before and his past has no meaning here. Like I have said in other threads, battle testing will be the ONLY way that this house chooses it's leader. Be aware of the fact that House Marik has been made into the official House for MA players and the exiled console guys. As time goes on, the "rodeos" of yesteryear will have less meaning to the members here. Just because this fella was the leader in that scenario does not mean that he is automatically elected. So sit down and wait.

<B>

Just because a person is an excellent pilot doesn't necessarily qualify them to lead a House, no less command a district, area, regiment, battalion, company, or lance. Kill records are one thing. Commanding, leading, negotiating, organizing, managing, supervising, and administering to others is a different skill-set. Distances covered on the two paths are, for the most part, not equal.

Yes, we do have a lot of time on our hands...which presents us the opportunity to get some basic organization going that will benefit the House, so that as details eventually come forward we can give the developers and admins the answers and/or assistance they need. As such, the other Houses are pretty much, with varying degrees, doing the same thing.

Finally, please look at my signature. (Ret.) is there for a reason: I'm retired. Like a good number of others, as a loyal member of this House, having been dedicated to, and representing, this community into a 3rd decade of multiplayer online play, I want to make sure we are as well prepared as possible given the circumstances. In the end, before this game goes “live”, we'll end up having a House election for the position of Captain-General / House Leader pending the approval of the developers and admins of this site (for which we haven't even ventured to that point because we're a long-ways off from needing to vote in a new leader...and if not for the sake of this system then for the House on its on). Also, by that point (if not before), I would like to be back in retirement. The time is coming for the next generation to continue with and evolve the legacy of our House, and the community surrounding it. In the meantime, someone needs to take some form of control for which I have a wonderful support-group of veteran pilots willing to take up the yoke in helping the House establish a firm-footing on this site.

Let us recall that in the past, we didn't have a built in structure establishing Houses, positions, ranks, stable/units, etc. All of that, and so much more (like the capture and control of arenas during "wars" on Solaris), was done by the community of players that included ourselves and the other members of the Houses around us. We have always found a way to make whatever it is we're playing into something that much greater.

I appreciate your concerns, as they are duly noted. This is an opportunity for everyone, as a group, to make an impact that (like those of our past) will reverberate for years to come.

If I am not needed, then I will step down and walk away. I've had my time, and that is how it should be.

FEAR THE EAGLE!!!!

NTK

<B>

Edited by Nitehawk, 04 November 2011 - 08:49 AM.

#18 Shazear

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

To Echo what Nitehawk says:
I've been welcomed in a number of different Battletech related communities over the last 20 years, starting w/ my local table-top games, through the various on-line communities and now we are here. I have felt most at-home here amongst those of House Marik. It's the community around the world that makes me want to be a part of it. Yes it will evolve. Yes there were be new names and faces. There has always been a cohesive commonality to everyone I've met within the Free Worlds League. We have plenty of time to figure out what this new incarnation will look like. Don't turn your back on those experienced folks who are willing to put in the time and effort to help facilitate the community's entrance into this new era. We fall into our familiar roles within the command structure because it's just that. We know that as a good starting place. We can then move to new roles where we can best serve the community and make this new Battletech game a wonderful place for both new and old.

#19 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Well said Night!

~S~

#20 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

@Ghost
It is never to early to organize. Given what this game could be as well as what the developers intend for this game, we as an overal and combined community will need to be organized and ready long before day one.

@Red Beard
Being able to point and click does NOT make a leader of people. Nevermind the reference to "us", you're under the mistaken belief the "your" group never included any of "our" group. You've already done the worst possible think anyone could do to their house, you've segregated it based on who played what and when, you've effectively thinned the ranks as to those who would prescribe to your way of thinking, mostly because of the above. Battle skills alone do not make good leaders...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users