House Liao introductions

266 replies to this topic

#241 Virgil1

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

About time you got here Kahrn597. I think you will enjoy this group.

Virgil

#242 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Yeppers, he is on the house site as well

#243 Ultraviper

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThe INTERNET

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Greetings,
My name is ultraviper. It's supposed to be capitalized but I was dumb when I registered. I am an Aries. I enjoy pretending to be a giant robot that shoots lasers at other giant robots while on the internet. Squawk.

#244 LittleFly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Pilot Name: Lando Sackett

Call Sign: LittleFly

Played original release of games on tabletop, I still see Madcats and Locus. MW1 was a good game and enjoyed the MechCommander series as well. Other games that basically evolved into Quake with different skins weren't really as appealing. I've dabbled a little into the history of the houses, but that was 20+ years ago. Looking forward to being involved in the game.

My pilot is ambitious and is seeking to make a name for himself. Aged around 25 years. We'll see what happens.

Currently, I'm retired and spend most of my free time in DDO, just heard about MWO yesterday and digesting the information that's publicly available. Once I'm in the beta, I intend to specialize in light mechs and covert ops, depending on what the game allows.

Edited by LittleFly, 02 September 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#245 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostLittleFly, on 02 September 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Pilot Name: Lando Sackett

Call Sign: LittleFly

Played original release of games on tabletop, I still see Madcats and Locus. MW1 was a good game and enjoyed the MechCommander series as well. Other games that basically evolved into Quake with different skins weren't really as appealing. I've dabbled a little into the history of the houses, but that was 20+ years ago. Looking forward to being involved in the game.

My pilot is ambitious and is seeking to make a name for himself. Aged around 25 years. We'll see what happens.

Currently, I'm retired and spend most of my free time in DDO, just heard about MWO yesterday and digesting the information that's publicly available. Once I'm in the beta, I intend to specialize in light mechs and covert ops, depending on what the game allows.

Mr. Little-Capital-Eff-ly:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you to House Liao. Hopefully the transition from DDO to MWO is a smooth one.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of the Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

#246 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Welcome, LittleFly. :)

Meet you on the battlefield, picking on assaults, one by one.

#247 Grahame

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationICT

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Callsign : Grahame

Greetings All! Been out of the online games for a few years - got blooded playing Kesmai/Genie Battletech. Back then 1992 if memory serves online battletech had about 10,000+ players worldwide.
Davion Steiner and Kurita had rosters of around 3000 per house. Marik somewhere around 1000. Liao was lucky to roster up with 600. The most we ever had in the field was around 80 or 90. When we went hunting other houses we could bloody their noses till everyone suffered Credit Card burnout then we asked the other houses to wipe their feet on the mat and lock the door when they left!! I spent the better part of a year as House Leader, Then 'retired' stole a complete battalion with aerospace support and starships and went to The Bloody Clans the meanest baddest non aligned Merc unit.

Favorite mech depended on the mission often trained swarm tactics while in the TBC using a locust. As House Leader a Marauder was my mech of choice most of the time.

Miss the old days<Grin>
Dont know how much time I can devote to this but will try to be active!!

now if I could just figure out how to post an image!!!

Edited by Grahame, 03 September 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#248 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostGrahame, on 03 September 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Callsign : Grahame

Greetings All! Been out of the online games for a few years - got blooded playing Kesmai/Genie Battletech. Back then 1992 if memory serves online battletech had about 10,000+ players worldwide.
Davion Steiner and Kurita had rosters of around 3000 per house. Marik somewhere around 1000. Liao was lucky to roster up with 600. The most we ever had in the field was around 80 or 90. When we went hunting other houses we could bloody their noses till everyone suffered Credit Card burnout then we asked the other houses to wipe their feet on the mat and lock the door when they left!! I spent the better part of a year as House Leader, Then 'retired' stole a complete battalion with aerospace support and starships and went to The Bloody Clans the meanest baddest non aligned Merc unit.

Favorite mech depended on the mission often trained swarm tactics while in the TBC using a locust. As House Leader a Marauder was my mech of choice most of the time.

Miss the old days<Grin>
Dont know how much time I can devote to this but will try to be active!!

now if I could just figure out how to post an image!!!

Mr. Grahame:

The Word of Lowtax welcomes you to House Liao. May your creditcard never overheat again.

Robotically Yours,
Anders
Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of the Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

#249 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Good to see some more new recruits.

Welcome everyone

#250 FoxyFlashbang

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hiyooo House Liaoooo
Newbie here. Still getting acquainted with the house and all the people, but i like the fluff and lore more than any other house, so i figured if I was going to stick with ANY house, it would be this one. I'll be checking out the house website ASAP to get myself all nice and comfy-cozy.
As far as my BTech experience is concerned... Consider me lump of clay ready to be shaped. A very snazzy, trendy piece of clay. Hope y'all can point me in the right direction!

#251 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Welcome to House Liao, Foxy!

#252 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Welcome folks. We hope to see you on the house site and active. :)

#253 The Governator

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts
  • Location<----- same as yours

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

pilot name: Evan Kurst
call sign: The Governator

i have played mechwarrior 2,3,4 merc and veng; mechassault 1,2 ; battle tech (though it was not deep in to lore) and am familiar with heavy and assault chassis (meaning weakness wise). I use just about any mech on the battle field and play all sorts of roles.

I am on the house site if you are wondering. I am Evan Kurst

#254 zeninsight

• PipPip
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

Pilot Name: Zeninsight

Background: play mechwarrior since mech2 mercenaries, mech 3, mech 4, mech 4 mercenaries, mech commander 1 & 2.. in beta i only play 2 mech, Atlas which specialized in short - medium range combat (boxing / toe to toe punch), and catapult which specialize in short range harraser (using 6 streak srm 2)

Other interests: use to play WoW, still play Dota, play strategy game mostly

i choose House Liao because i love to play underdog.. give more satisfaction if win

btw : i never play mech online before.. any1 care to share how this going to works ? how we going to play togather as a lance ? how to join lance membership and if already join in website. how going to actuallize it in the game ?? im GMT + 7 btw

#255 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Welcome zenin,

Go to houseliao.com sign up

Access Teamspeak, we always have several people online, who will be willing to help you with the game.

Right now you will need a founders pack to play in beta, or wait for the game to go open beta, which will be a few months

#256 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Welcome to the best House in teh Inner Sphere, guys. :wacko:

Oh, and Metro, they are already taking non-founders in. ;)

#257 JustMe SR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationYou won't find (on map), even after I would told you.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

Metro said:

One thing you will have figured out now for yourself, is I am Capellan to the core. Green skin,green blood, green bones, green clothing,GREEN GREEN GREEN.

Ecomaniac......

#258 Psycho Pirate

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited States - Michigan

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Pilot Name: Psycho Pirate

Long live Liao!

I played the table top Battletech, have 100's of the mechs in my collection, played every mech game I could find on PC or Nintendo. Played the Battetech pods in Chicago miss those. wanted the Giant Mad Cat in the window.

I played the GEnie Battletech 3025 EGA and the SVGA Solaris later on, had alot of fun RPing in the Bulliten Boards, was second in command of House Liao towards the end of EGA.

My unit of choice an where I started out in was Blanfords Grenadiers.

Favorite Mech: Battlemaster BLR-3M & Rifleman RFL-3CR

Favorite mech games: Cresent Hawks Inception & Cresent Hawks Revenge, First Mechwarrior Merc's loved the never ending missions though pilots tend to run out eventually hehe.

Favorite other type games: Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, SWKoToR, Wing Commander & Privateer, X-Com, Masters of Orion, X-Wing Alliance, Tie Fighter, The Witcher 1 & 2, Jagged Alliance, Zork 1 & 2 and a few others.

Looking forward to seeing old friends from the past of going broke with the $3.50 an hour to play, man we were dedicated players back then. :)

#259 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Pilot Name: Draken X

Call Sign: Xero

Background:
The first MechWarrior I played was MW4: Vengeance, followed by Black Knight and Mercenaries expansions. Then, I also played MechCommander 2. My preferable Mech classes are from Medium class to Assault class. I can pilot any kind of Mechs, although the Atlas was my personal favorite Mech. Though not being professionally skillful, but I'm at least consider as a jack-of-all-trades player who can play in any type of role in the battlefield.

I chose House Liao is because my personal doctrine matches to theirs. And I also like to play as an underdog, as well as helping the weaker factions of the Periphery. Besides, House Liao also build some decent mechs too.

It's a pleasure to meet you all! Long live the Chancellor! Love live the Confederation!

PS: And also, I'm a Chinese too. ;)

Edited by Draken X, 20 September 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#260 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Welcome to Psycho pirate and to Draken.

Enjoy MWO and enjoy HouseLiao

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users