Anyone Else Feel Dissapointed By The Patch Notes?

75 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you feel dissapoined by this patch? (304 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you feel dissapoined by this patch?

1. Yes (228 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (76 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Minos Murdoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

For the most part i'm ok with most of it but no collisions still and 8 vs 8

Edited by Youngbull1980, 20 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#42 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Posthood, on 20 November 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

If they only did one patch and that patch was back to 8 man groups I would have been happy...

Exactly.I dont care about new mechs/maps/modules or 2/e.Just give us back those ****** 8-man premades !!!!!!!

#43 Yalan

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Eh they included some new stuff in the patch. I honestly hoped for more but expected less. However, they really should have addressed atleast one of the main negative concerns people have atm (lack of maps/modes,balance, major bugs, matchmaking, etc.). While new mechs are sort of a content addition, it is the one area not really lacking and this really feels like a LoL patch (Shiny new skin/champion! buy it! It will make you ignore other stuff and any real changes!).

#44 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm not surprised. 2012 has been a year of back-to-back disappointments, after all. Hell, this patch bumped Streakcats back up to #1 ******** build, Jump Jet auto-aim included. Be sure to whip 'em out and have a blast.

Meanwhile: Hawken CBE3 started... an hour ago. So I'll be there.

#45 Least Action Jackson

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 92 posts
  • LocationJust outside the Bomb Factory

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I'm honestly surprised that I'm surprised that another patch adds nothing meaningful to the game. I've been playing since near the beginning of closed beta, and the game feels only marginally less broken than when I started. I'm getting progressively more angry each patch when content which I couldn't care less about is added, but we still don't have adequate hit detection, dx11, sli, proper knockdown (it was fine the way it was), et cetera. If I see one more piece of content before those issues are resolved, I'm gonna scream.

#46 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm dissapointed witn the patch notes and lack of some of the weapon balancing they announced, BUT
I'm really happy we get more free premium time, so, I'm not complaining.

#47 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostLeast Action Jackson, on 20 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'm honestly surprised that I'm surprised that another patch adds nothing meaningful to the game. I've been playing since near the beginning of closed beta, and the game feels only marginally less broken than when I started. I'm getting progressively more angry each patch when content which I couldn't care less about is added, but we still don't have adequate hit detection, dx11, sli, proper knockdown (it was fine the way it was), et cetera. If I see one more piece of content before those issues are resolved, I'm gonna scream.

You might as well scream now and save yourself the frustration.

#48 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

New Mech? Working BAP? Actually useful modules? I'm quite happy thank you.

#49 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostLeast Action Jackson, on 20 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Honestly, there was a time where the game experienced pretty good progress patch after patch. Each new update was a breath of fresh air, but at this point I can really say its stagnating some. They really need to get DX11 and the netcode out there.

But I'm at least happy we got BAP. Now we need ECM.

View Postvalrond, on 20 November 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm dissapointed witn the patch notes and lack of some of the weapon balancing they announced, BUT
I'm really happy we get more free premium time, so, I'm not complaining.

If you look at it like that, they're basically paying us to play the game.

#50 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 20 November 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Yes, quite unhappy, because we KNOW we're going to see a TON of undocumented changes.

There should NEVER be undocumented changes.

Maybe true, but a huge amount of work to document all code changes. Patches like this would roll out once a month or less if they truly reported all changes.

#51 Harmatia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 434 posts
  • LocationRed Deer, AB

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostFrupertApricot, on 20 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Where is our ******* new game mode? they promised on NOVEMBER 6TH!

Where is our ******* new game mode? they promised on NOVEMBER 6TH!

I believe the "target" date was/is December 6th, not November 6th.

#52 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Always great to have new content, was hoping for more bug fixes and next matchmaker phase though.

#53 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

New mechs; BAP, general fixes. I am happy. I can't wait to get wasted by someone loading up as many gauss as they can on the new Cataphract.

#54 maddogncux

• 1,220 posts
  • LocationmosCow

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

this patch -****
i dont care about new [color=#959595]content i need fix for bug and optimisation[/color]

#55 Silvertree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSt. Catharines, ON

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I could care less about new content. Put a freeze on new content for a patch or two, and focus exclusively on performance optimizations. DX11, fps speed boosts... make the game rock with the current content, then add more.

#56 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

The content is good: The phract, 3 new modules which are pretty cool + some updates to streak SRM's, but otherwise seems a bit lacking considering it was meant to be a BIG patch.

The reason i would say this is obvious, no comments on latency issues, lag and netcode, matchmaking, the paper doll not updating issue??

#57 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I can't really say I'm disappointed, but I was at least hoping for more. This being Beta and all I would like to see a lot more content hitting the servers to be tested. New maps, game modes, mechs, modules, bug fixes, and weapon balancing should be top priority. Worry about match making and 8 man premades is honestly something that shouldn't even be a consideration until the game is about to go officially live. Match making is something that is meant for a finished product or at least one that is close to being in a finished state, and MW:Online is not there yet.

Edited by WarHippy, 20 November 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#58 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostDakkath, on 20 November 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

New mechs; BAP, general fixes. I am happy. I can't wait to get wasted by someone loading up as many gauss as they can on the new Cataphract.

You can load two. Same as the Catapult. The arm slots aren't as terrible as I expected due to the convergence problems. UNfortunately, you'll be headshotted a lot. I would even suspect that it will be your number one reason. Be a better player than me and learn how to twist your torso.

#59 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm more disapointed in the large amount of QQ on these forums. Its still in BETA people, things will change, a lot.

#60 BlightFang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 20 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'm more disapointed in the large amount of QQ on these forums. Its still in BETA people, things will change, a lot.

It always disappoints me in games for other betas when people use this reasoning and then are dissatisfied when the game is released and things weren't changed. Then they turncoat and QQ that they should've complained more during beta...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users