Streaks Hit 100%

v1.0.150

336 replies to this topic

#1 Dailey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

From patch notes: Streaks (SSRMs) are now going to hit 100% of the time. Are you kidding me, nothing should hit 100%. I guess now we will be playing SSRM online instead of LRM online. Who would want to play anything else now?

#2 Name60014

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.

#3 Aesaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

They're supposed to hit 100%. That's the entire point of Streaks.

That is, unless something gets in the way.

#4 superbob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

I hope that was just a figure of speech, as in, they will hit 100% if you fire them from optimal range at an immobile target, and all will hit some part of the mech (instead of at least 40% missing under any circumstances, as it was in prev patch).

That said, the devs must like them streak cats, fixing streak trajectories, damage and allowing BAP to target shutdown mechs. OTOH, good luck on getting a server-authoritative lock, assuming it is going to suffer from lag-shield as normal weapons do.

Edited by superbob, 20 November 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

thats what streaks are made for.
As long as they didn't put the ability to make 180° Turns within half a second and that kind of stuff, i am fine

#6 XvDraxvX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEscondido CA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

So the solution is to buff LRM's back up to keep the up-close streak boats in check with long range fire.

you know it to be true my son, you can feel it inside you.

checks and balances. Short range weapons are to strong? Need to punish them for boating short range weapons with Long range punch.

#7 Twisted Power

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 500 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

What was happening last pach with streaks is that somtimes one of your streak missles would straight fire like a regular SRM I have tons of fraps of that happening. So when they say hit 100% of the time i'm sure they mean "track" 100% of the time.

#8 Name60014

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

View Postsuperbob, on 20 November 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

I hope that was just a figure of speech, as in, they will hit 100% if you fire them from optimal range at an immobile target, and all will hit some part of the mech (instead of at least 40% missing under any circumstances, as it was in prev patch).

That said, the devs must like them streak cats, fixing streak trajectories, damage and allowing BAP to target shutdown mechs. OTOH, good luck on getting a server-authoritative lock, assuming it is going to suffer from lag-shield as normal weapons do.

I'm assuming they either widened the spread on the reticle to attain lock in the first place or... did nothing so now lag shield works against lock on weapons.

#9 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Of course, in the TT game - Streaks always hit. WHen they fired at all. Any miss result basically meant that you wouldn't expend that rocket.

In MW:O, they tried to replicate that effect by the Streaks being homing weapons. But maybe they should have considered what kind of advantage homing really is and lowered the rate of fire on Streaks?

#10 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Mustrum...they are still mostly useless against anything over the medium weight class.

It will take you forever and a day to kill heavies/assaults.

Streak Cats are light hunters, and harassers...thats it.

#11 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Mustrum...they are still mostly useless against anything over the medium weight class.

It will take you forever and a day to kill heavies/assaults.

Streak Cats are light hunters, and harassers...thats it.

The Streak Cats I watched today destroyed more than just lights and mediums. Admittedly, a lot of the heavies where Cataphracts, which have their own problem.

But hey - it'S a Streak 2. Not a Streak 6.

Yes.

#12 TeknoXI

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

If you see a SSRM boat...stay away from it, it can't hurt you. Simple enough to understand imo. Also, if you're carrying an AMS, at max SSRM range, most of the missiles are shot down anyways.

#13 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I cant wait to get my catapult out tonight, 4 x2 streak and 25 LRMS.. ..between 180 and 270m this baby is an absolute monster!! Ultimate alpha strike! :(

Edited by White Bear 84, 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#14 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

So much like LRM's were last patch, feels like SSRM's got the overbuff. Last patch the damage, pathing and even the occasional missing was fine... it allowed you to decimate the light mechs and scare them away and whilst it would pose a risk to damaged heavier mechs it wasn't an WTF pawnage that they used to be.

Now with the pathing fix and 'damage increase' to SSRM, it feels like SSRM are back to what they were 2 patches ago... that's the no-miss, CT blasting monsters they were. Where last patch the SSRM ninja nerf actually meant they were reasonably effective but not overpowered, it also saw the emergence of the SRM back onto the field on Catapults and smaller battlemechs. Now whilst a SSRM Cat didn't disappear, I'm afraid they'll come out of the woodwork again and go toe to toe with assaults like they did previously.

Anyone else feel like they've been overbuffed from one extreme to the next?

PS. QQ no matchmaker phase 2

#15 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostTeknoXI, on 20 November 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

If you see a SSRM boat...stay away from it, it can't hurt you. Simple enough to understand imo. Also, if you're carrying an AMS, at max SSRM range, most of the missiles are shot down anyways.

Hah, try that with an 4X with a base engine of 210... You don't have much time to run away either, many of those Streaks will hit your head.

But, well, no need to balance the Streaks for one particular mech. I think we can agree on that. Fix the mech instead.

Whether Streaks are OP or not... We'll see. They are heavier than regular SRMs for a reason, in the end. I am not too worried just yet.

#16 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I agree... its not that I dont like streaks or think they are way OPd... I just dont think they are a good translation of TT streaks, which really did two things.. saved ammo by not firing if they were going to miss anyway and ensure the entire salvo hit the mech somewhere. I'm not sure there is a better way to capture the TT description in a video game though.

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 20 November 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Of course, in the TT game - Streaks always hit. WHen they fired at all. Any miss result basically meant that you wouldn't expend that rocket.

In MW:O, they tried to replicate that effect by the Streaks being homing weapons. But maybe they should have considered what kind of advantage homing really is and lowered the rate of fire on Streaks?

#17 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

BAP + Module + SSRM buff = Streak boats are gods.

#18 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Just stay 270m away from your enemy.

Of course.. then at that distance its the lasers that are op, a bit further and its the gauss thats op, bit further and its the LRMS's that are op.. ..lol. :(

Super serial about all this op stuff.

#19 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Streaks are too strong again now. They could stand to have a heat increase and a rof decrease, both of which would not really impact low numbers of streaks as a backup weapon, but would hurt boats a non-trivial amount.

#20 XvDraxvX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEscondido CA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 20 November 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Just stay 270m away from your enemy.

Of course.. then at that distance its the lasers that are op, a bit further and its the gauss thats op, bit further and its the LRMS's that are op.. ..lol. :(

Super serial about all this op stuff.

Its true this world is just too OP i vote we all have our guns and missiles and bullets changed to Bubble rounds and Nerf Darts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users