Nerf Streak Missiles

445 replies to this topic

Poll: Streaks (713 member(s) have cast votes)

Nerf Streaks?

1. Abandon all pretense, just nerf them out of existence for the sake of it (43 votes [6.03%])

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

2. They need a slight nerf (188 votes [26.37%])

Percentage of vote: 26.37%

3. They're fine (joke option) (482 votes [67.60%])

Percentage of vote: 67.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 Gogopher

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

not sure why everyone automatically assumes that running an a1 is to have no skill...running any mech (a1) included requires skill...the fact that the ssrm can auto hit doesnt detract from skill...i would argue it takes less skill (to use ur phrase) to run a jenner and circle a mech to death then it does to be successful in an a1...at least in an a1 u can be hit...in a jenner who knows where the jenner really is...and without knockdown jenners can and do exploit that fact to much effect....and how much skill does it take to take a cataphract or a guasscat and hammer down a button while aiming at the CT and wait for the other mech to explode...please....skill dictates the viability of any mech not the weapon groups...

u want to nerf streaks by reducing damage....lol you might as well remove them from the game if u do that...and as to hit location...yes they shouldnt auto-home in on the CT...but they shouldnt be anymore random than the other sr's....which home in at short range on what ever you are aiming at....so if u want the ssrm to have a more random hit pattern...well then that needs to be applied to all short racks...

#422 Taidan

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

It's settled, anyway.

SSRMs are getting a slight nerf: http://mwomercs.com/...07#entry1478707

Edited by Taidan, 24 November 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#423 zenstrata

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 206 posts
  • LocationLots of different places

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostTaidan, on 24 November 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

It's settled, anyway.

SSRMs are getting a slight nerf: http://mwomercs.com/...07#entry1478707

This is a mistake. They should not reduce their effectiveness. They are Not overpowered.

#424 Terox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 20 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

50% damage reduction sounds appropriate, or have them randomly target ANY component. They need to be less insanely OP.

This patch was a BIG mistake. Streaks are very, very bad for the game right now. I've been getting top damage top kills in my streak A1 for 3 games running and it takes no skill and is no fun to use.

Please, this is hotfix worthy IMO but at least in the next patch you need to nerf these out of existence!

It would appear your "Joke" option is by far the most popular. This must also mean your obvious point of view is incorrect

#425 dnik

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

SRM is fine... its just the amount of missle slots on the CAT which are ridiculus..

#426 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

View Postzenstrata, on 24 November 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

This is a mistake. They should not reduce their effectiveness. They are Not overpowered.

They are too easy to use for their effectivness.

View Postzenstrata, on 24 November 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

You know what I love most about this thread? All the people who keep posting about streaks being overpowered, and the actual poll results at the top of the thread proving them wrong :mellow: Keep voting!

Seems like actual hard facts from statistics show that if you don't own every match with them, you're a noob. :blink:

#427 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

As long as someone gets killed by a weapon, it seems that weapon is too powerful. Guess all them UBER pilots are the only ones who die. The rest of us lousy pilots somehow stay alive playing our strengths against their weaknesses.

#428 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostMWHawke, on 24 November 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

As long as someone gets killed by a weapon, it seems that weapon is too powerful. Guess all them UBER pilots are the only ones who die. The rest of us lousy pilots somehow stay alive playing our strengths against their weaknesses.

How do you defeat a streakcat when you and it are the only survivors in the match, but you're in a Centurion?

Your speed is lower than his and so is your armor... and you don't pack a gauss to snipe his cockpit.

#429 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Well it looks like 70% of people were selfishly using SSRMs and disregarding game balance. Like I said, a gamemaster sees things differently from a munchkin player, so I don't blame the munchkins for trying to minmax.

Fortunately the developers are not munckin players and care about game balance.

#430 Xyberviri

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

MOD please close this thread as it is not constructive, there has already been a announcment made about how streaks are getting nerfed.

#431 Mister Haha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostMWHawke, on 24 November 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Yeah. There's people like you with your stance that seem to think since they aren't getting killed by it that it's just peachy.

I'm not getting killed by it either. In fact, it works out for me right now as I watch my friend blow up fresh lights in seconds. Then I can just stomp my Atlas butt all over the place. Doesn't make streaks 'okay', though. I have the ability to recognize it is complete BS.

This is why they are being nerfed.

#432 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

SSRM6 is going to be OP. SSRM2 meh.

#433 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

View Postzenstrata, on 24 November 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

You know what I love most about this thread? All the people who keep posting about streaks being overpowered, and the actual poll results at the top of the thread proving them wrong ;) Keep voting!

People voting they are fine, joke option, aren't saying they are fine. Necessarily, so it's a pretty stupid poll.

Edited by shabowie, 24 November 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#434 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postshabowie, on 24 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

People voting they are fine, joke option, aren't saying they are fine.

I disagree with your assumption. I voted they were fine because I felt they were fine. I ignored the "joke option" part as I thought that was just being silly to try to convince people to vote a certain way.

#435 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think a lot of people have some confusion as to what a Streak SRM2 actually is, so to dispel this confusion it may be best to compare it to a real world missile, in this case that AIM9 Sidewinder:

The AIM9 missile is divided into four main sections: guidance, target detector, warhead, and rocket motor. The
Guidance and Control Unit contains most of the electronics and mechanics that enable the missile to function. At the very front is the IR seeker head utilizing the rotating reticle, mirror, and five CdS cells or “pan and scan” focal-plane array, electric motor, and armature, all protruding into a glass dome........

A streak SRM2 is 5,2,3.5,270,1,1.5,1.43,100,0.57,6

The keen eyed among you will probably have noticed the subtle difference between these two missiles. One is a realworld item, it is what it is, the other is a somewhat arbitrary list of numbers. When you say Streak SRM2's are fine, what you are actually saying is 5 is fine, or 3.5 is fine, whatever. Why could 5.1 or 4.9 not also be fine? Why is 5 perfect and 4.9 imperfect?

Back when I first started programming, I would program in my gravity physics, set the values, then look how it worked in my game. It would never look right first time with realistic values, so I would tweak the physics until it looked and felt right. This was quite a natural and somewhat cathartic process, probably because I didn't have someone looking over my should shouting “OMG Gravitorz OP!!!!!1 Nerf Newton, Cry moar, LOL, etc”. Subtle changes are almost always required when attempting to simulate a conceived item into a computer game world, especially when dealing with fictional items that defy realistic simulation.

Will the Devs get the change to streaks exactly right? I doubt it, they will probably overnerf, buff, then nerf again, add ECM and start the whole process again. But I have no problem with this as it is a process that I understand and accept. If you cannot understand and accept this process, beta testing is not for you, and your best option is to retire until the game is in release phase when the values will not be getting tweaked every week.

Edited by Boris The Spider, 24 November 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#436 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostAdridos, on 24 November 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

How do you defeat a streakcat when you and it are the only survivors in the match, but you're in a Centurion?

Your speed is lower than his and so is your armor... and you don't pack a gauss to snipe his cockpit.

My Yen Lo Wang packs a gauss..

View PostMister Haha, on 24 November 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Yeah. There's people like you with your stance that seem to think since they aren't getting killed by it that it's just peachy.

I'm not getting killed by it either. In fact, it works out for me right now as I watch my friend blow up fresh lights in seconds. Then I can just stomp my Atlas butt all over the place. Doesn't make streaks 'okay', though. I have the ability to recognize it is complete BS.

This is why they are being nerfed.

I go up against Streakcats 1 on 1 and get hammered but don't die. Unlike you who only looks at your friends die. Who are you to generalise when you only SEE your friends die?

#437 Franchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Locationplaying something else.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostAdridos, on 24 November 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Centurion with no Gauss? Well i shoot him in the head with my AC20 and watch his smoking crater of a mech fall. If hes the last mech alive hes probably half shredded already so maybe I just shoot his CT out with my AC20

#438 Buck Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

A properly fit Jenner is too fast and too manoeverable to be reliably locked once he gets close enough. The initial plunge towards the cat is risky, which is why you do it from behind. Once you're in close, its GG for the cat.

As someone who uses a cat 80% of the time, i treat enemy scouts with a lot of respect. Seriously, people will endlessly rant about the OP-ness of what is essentially a walking bomb.

#439 Arisaema

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

There is nothing wrong with SSRM's. They finally fixed them.

#440 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

It's not just cats - i mounted 3xSSRM on my Cent-A and now people are dying... I feel dirty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users