It Is A Sad Day For Mechwarrior Fans

155 replies to this topic

Poll: Who plays this game? (606 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you playing this game, what you consider, a lot?

1. Yes, but only because i'm a fan of the franchise in some way and want to see it a big success. (101 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Yes, because of the game itself. I don't care about the franchise history. (57 votes [9.41%])

Percentage of vote: 9.41%

3. No, I wish it was better so I could play because I love the franchise. (55 votes [9.08%])

Percentage of vote: 9.08%

4. No, I wish the game was more fun and had more content. (41 votes [6.77%])

Percentage of vote: 6.77%

5. Yes, I'm playing cause I love the franchise AND I love the game and the direction it is going. (352 votes [58.09%])

Percentage of vote: 58.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

I appreciate your taking the trouble to go back and modify your work. Kudos.

#22 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'd say the saddest part of any Mechwarrior's day is reading the OP.

#23 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, it is a sad day. We have some loon trying to represent us and the frothing at the mouth makes the rest of us look bad and feel sad.

#24 Rotaugen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

How about a poll with the choices of:
1 I enjoy the game despite the bugs and am in it for the long haul.
2 I'd rather just complain about everything and expect everything to be fixed immediately, to heck with reality.

That poll is just about as unbiased as the OP...

#25 Kurr de la Cruz

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

I stopped paying attention after you started complaining about the lasers. Lasers are great, the DOT mechanic makes perfect sense from a realism and gameplay perspective. And pop-tarting is a stupid tactic and should be discouraged at every opportunity. Hope this helps. Squawk.

#26 Jerbal

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTasmania Australia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 28 November 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

It would be awesome if a players stats and most used mech would appear when they post on the forums.

My stats are terrible, and I exclusively pilot Hunchbacks. Primarily my trusty 4G. :P

#27 Matte Black

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 28 November 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

It would be awesome if a players stats and most used mech would appear when they post on the forums.

Why?

If you saw mine it would show zero stats and zero mechs. This is a forum only profile.

Edited by Matte Black, 28 November 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#28 Anea Firsch

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostMatte Black, on 28 November 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Why?

If you saw mine it would show zero stats and zero mechs. This is a forum only profile.

Why? Because most of the time those people who are supporting the system as is, are people who sit atop the food chain. One can deny it, grip about it, or get angry, but more often than not, its true. So deal!!!

#29 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostAnea Firsch, on 28 November 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Why? Because most of the time those people who are supporting the system as is, are people who sit atop the food chain. One can deny it, grip about it, or get angry, but more often than not, its true. So deal!!!

I support the system as is... can you guess my favorite mech from my signature? My second favorite is a Centurion, and my third a 'phract. I think it is just as common for those who support the system as is to be reasonable people who understand that the system as is isn't complete and other things will change the balance and so don't need to cry on the forums about "balance".

#30 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostMercules, on 28 November 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

I support the system as is... can you guess my favorite mech from my signature? My second favorite is a Centurion, and my third a 'phract. I think it is just as common for those who support the system as is to be reasonable people who understand that the system as is isn't complete and other things will change the balance and so don't need to cry on the forums about "balance".

1) You can have great stats with those mechs.

2) Post wasn't about balance as much as it was about the direction it is going.

3) My poll is clearly showing that the game is dominated by fans of the franchise. Where is everyone else?

#31 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 28 November 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

lets feed some troll shall we?)

1) try killing me with oh so op lrms i dare you.
2) so they decided to not include no skill point'n'click weapon and gave crackshot "pro" gamers gauss - what the point?
3) lagshield gradually decreasing in last 3 patches at least for me and was always here - again for me.
4) dont see a problem with that. something tells me that there are way less assaults compared to light in lore.
5-6) giving ecm to jenner was going overboard. atlas is so difficult to spot with those red gloving eyes that ecm will make it immortal yeh.
7) em... gauss? quadro erppc?
8) nope.
9) wat?
10) somehow i still land headshots with both gauss and erppc without all random crap
11) fkn mechs how do they work?
12) jumping 4 ac2\gauss\4uac5\4ac5 joke. ye.
13) work fine for me at 1.5-2k range

also text is too small - you owe me for reading =_+

#32 Insighter

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 28 November 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

1) You can have great stats with those mechs.

2) Post wasn't about balance as much as it was about the direction it is going.

3) My poll is clearly showing that the game is dominated by fans of the franchise. Where is everyone else?

They're eating cakes while playing CoD.

#33 Naeron66

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

They are trying to "dumb down" this game so that anyone can play it. It's evident in everything they have done so far. WOT was raved for its ability to standardize the player base and it is clear that MWO is trying to do something similar. Let’s review.

Lets review some of the dumbest of your statements.

1) They make LRMs just as effective, if not more, than every other weapon system in the game. This is so that players with less ability to aim can still be effective

LRMs are not that effective (and if your argument was true why would they add ECM in its current form?). I do more damage in a direct fire build than an LRM one.

2) They make lasers do damage over time. They clearly want to lessen the ability of someone that can make crack shots and this was their solution.

Pulse lasers? Damage over time makes it easier to do damage to lights. Still lots of weapons for the "crack shots" to use (and a "crack shot" can hit the same location for the whole time anyway).

3) They love lights. Look at the lag shield that they put into the game. The lag shield wasn’t there in early beta. This was something they added to make lights more effective.

The lag shield is not intended and will be fixed.

4) They love lights even more. They introduce 3 lights before anything else. Then they introduce another medium that is nothing more than a bigger light.

No, player like lights. And they need 3 lights now because they are the cheapest and thus the most common route that new players will take out of the trail mechs,

7) They make all larger and long range energy weapons so hot they are unusable in normal combat. We wouldn’t want anyone able to kill a missile boat before it can lock on now would we.

Well except ER-PPC, ER LL, Gauss, AC/2, AC/5, UAC/5. All of which can hit an LRM boat for effective damage from outside its own range, and only the first 2 listed run hot.

In fact LL don't run that hot, I use them a lot in heavies and assualts.

8) They scream “cannon” when it suits them but yet LRMs are nearly double damage with a fraction of the heat from cannon.

Mechs have double the armour of canon and LRMs hit random locations, so to properly replicate canon they would need to do 2 damage.

LRMs generate exactly the same heat as canon.

There are more stupid claims in your later points but this is enough to show how wrong you are.

View PostMrPenguin, on 28 November 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Also, another day. Another bias poll B)

And yet its still overwhelmingly disagreeing with the OP :)

Edited by Naeron66, 28 November 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#34 pencilboom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

lol OP is ********

#35 Squidhead Jax

• 1,434 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

OP, most of your list is BS, and I say this as someone who's relatively disappointed in the game at the moment.

#36 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Go home troll, you're drunk!

1. Hate to, but I have to agree. LRM make for boring game play and were just fine before last patch.
2. If Lasers were not DoT then what would be the point of PPC? Also it makes more sense to be DoT.
3. Lag shield was always there, and it was not something they "added", added? Seriously? It is a result of more calculations and graphics going on. The more complicated **** is, the more lag there is.
4. While there are 3 lights, the raven came much later and I do believe there were more variants of HB's than all of lights combined.
5. Not even in game yet, your whine is invalid.
6. Again not in game, and almost every Atlas is a missile boat in some form or another.
7. Bigger weapon = more damage = more heat. Not a difficult equation to figure out.
8. Who cares about canon other than a few fan boys here and there. And it is canon, not cannon, those go boom.
9. Streaks were over powered, then they were way under powered, not they are still powerful but ECM will not be the answer to that because again it is not even in game yet and you have no idea how it will work.
10. This is due to synch issues. Just because you see everything one way on your screen does not mean everyone else sees it the exact same way. Trust me the game does not revolve around you and your view is not the utmost all round most important aspect of the game. Get over yourself.
11. Again not even in game. Though it does suck.
12. They are jets to help you jump off the ground. You have no wings or rudders to control your direction therefore you go up, then you come down. Not difficult to understand, you are not a jet.
13. This is the problem with the game engine. IT would create so much lag and gobble up so much resources to have to render and rerender to those distances. Nothing to do with any crazy conspiracy theories.
14. ???????
15. Profit!
16. Probably just got trolled but answering this was better than actually working.

#37 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Uh, well then I'll have the chicken?

"I'm playing less right now due to lack of new maps and game modes; slight burnout. Sill enjoy the game and waiting to see what happens in the future."

#38 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostInsighter, on 28 November 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

They're eating cakes while playing CoD.

PIE!....no, your right, cake.

#39 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostTarrasque, on 28 November 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Can't tell if trolling or just wearing normal tinfoil hat....

Posted Image

Ya know there just may be a valid point or two in there, but I just can't get past some of the opening nonsense to read more.

#40 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

91 of 110 votes were fans of the franchise. Where is everyone else? Talk about bias. When this game is good enough to attract people who have never heard or played anything to do with the franchise it will be a success. Anything less will be a repeat of MW4.

Edited by Mongoose Trueborn, 28 November 2012 - 08:59 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users