Ask The Devs 3!

109 replies to this topic

#41 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Early on it was stated that there would be 4v4 matches, and then up to 12v12 with company versus company fights. Later on, it seemed like 12v12was becoming the standard. Is 12v12 the standard, or where there be multiple sizes of drop possibilities?

#42 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostVulpesveritas, on 15 May 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Is it a European or African swallow?

Good sire why do you know so much about swallows?

#43 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostAndar89, on 15 May 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Good sire why do you know so much about swallows?

A king has to know about these things of course. Have you seen any ducks lately?

On topic;
Q16: Will GPU compute acceleration be supported to improve framerates, especially at low resolutions by taking advantage of any unused GPU power to be put towards any extra computing tasks?

Edited by Vulpesveritas, 15 May 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#44 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

I know we can name them and call them what we want, and assign rights and roles to them, but, how many ranks will be available to player run units? I assume there will be some sort of limit.

Is there a limit on the number of pilots in a player run unit?

Does a player run unit have it's own "bank account" and if so, what are some of the different ways that account can be funded?

Edit:

Forgot to ask. How will players "form up" prior to going into the game. For instance, my 3 buddies and I want to be in a lance together and then go play . . . how will that work?

Edited by Banditman, 15 May 2012 - 08:41 AM.

#45 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Ok, you guys always say that for every question of: "Will this 'x' be in the game?" that we will get our answers mostly at Beta or Launch.

How about this one then:
With what you know of the game engine's capabilites, and your current plans for the development of the game;
What do you know that will NOT be in the game that you can confirm? :lol:

Anything that hasn't been confirmed yet would be appreciated and would reduce repetitive questions on the Forums about such. :blink:

And no answers like; "Pink Trolls" and such... :)

Edited by Felix Dante, 15 May 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#46 Ghost73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

How will the XP/C-Bill rewards at the end of matches be determined? I am assuming it will mostly be based on performance from spotting and damage dealt, but could a more specific examples of the mechanics be given?
For example, do you get a reward for first spotting an enemy or for the amount of damage your team deals to the enemy while you have it spotted or both?
Do you recieve bonuses for certain feats?: Kill/Killstreaks, Melee/DFA, Survived, etc.
Another important aspect of performance that should be looked at is damage recieved/drawn away. Ex: If you can get an enemy to switch targets and fire at you instead of a teammate will you get rewarded for drawing fire, with a larger bonus if they fire at you and miss?
When dealing/recieving damage is the 'Mech's weight class taken into account for rewards?
Mostly I am just curious how you intend to make the rewards even across 'Mechs, so that one chassis or type of chassis does not become the designated "XP boosting chassis".
________________________________________________________________________________

Another question I feel needs to be answered soon is about Matchmaking.
There are speculations that Matchmaking will limit teams by BV and/or tonnage, which is much too restrictive on player choice for a F2P, Quick Match-based game. How will the matchmaking system work? Will player skill be measured and then teams will be determined by this value? Or will there be a minimal matchmaking system?

#47 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Will there be dramatic dynamic weather with effects on gameplay? Like limiting vision in fog etc..?

#48 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Will gravity have a noticeable effect on heavy projectiles such as AC/20 slugs over long distances?

#49 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Q1 - Any particular time frame of when we can see a release of MWO? I need to get a timeline so I can start building a new PC in prep for this game!

Q2 - Stealing from Vexgrave Lars' question, besides limiting weather, like dense fog, blizzard snow conditions, heavy rain, etc. What about man made conditions, like massive smoke-screens, burning buildings or forest fires?

#50 TigerAceII

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHELLAS

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

HALLO !
Thanks for this wonderfull game that you are creating
so i have some questions
1)Is Timberwolf(MAD-CAT) going to be one of the playable mechs?
2)This game would be like for example World of Tanks? imean free,we will go to download it and etc?
Thank you for your time

#51 Celestial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Q1: Who is the most fun person to kill in the office?
Q2: Are you guys on schedule so far?
Q3: how many maps will there be on release?
Q4: (I know you won't answer this) Will there be core explosions?! :)
Q5: how does the team like the CryENGINE so far?
Q5: will MWO use the CryENGINE god ray effects and global illumination?

#52 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Will you be segregating Euro and Asia-Pac players? Will players in other regions have the option of playing with friends in North America??

#53 Theal Swena

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationProbably in an Atlas

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 14 May 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

2.) What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

#54 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Poststormeris, on 15 May 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

I know it's like probably too late but i noticed something strange, the jenner's cockpit in first person view is so much different than the official artwork:
Posted Image

Artwork:
Posted Image
Or am i simply missing something? :)

#55 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

What is the approximate time needed to create a new mech or map?
how long does it take to finalize concept art, model, texture, animate, rig and implement a mech/map into the game (ignoring any dead time due to backlogs or whatever).

Are there any plans for semi-dynamic maps for MWO?
What I mean is, each time a map is played, a few variables will have changed, such as different times of day, different skybox, weather, temperature, gravity, spawn points, objective locations etc. to help keep map fatigue from setting in too soon? Help break the feeling that we would be fighting in the same forested valley across the entire galaxy :)

#56 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Here's a new batch from me:

1. Are the mechs you are going to put ingame already predetermined?
2. How will you translate story elements into the gameplay?
3. Will the Capellans have Westerhand as a arena world like Solaris?

#57 DiGiTGOD

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

When does "summer" start where you come from? aka when can we start saying "MWO beta will be starting any day now!" to our significant others.

#58 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Can you shed any light on what the expected system requirements will be? Perhaps Crysis 2 can be a keypoint, or will it be closer to Crysis 3?

#59 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

my question is will comstar ever make a showing and what about the word of blake ?

#60 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

In the MechLab, Will we be able to remove things like Hand actuators to gain critical spaces..? If we do will it reflect in the model.. I.E. a Mech with a hand now has a stump..?

As for the physics of the game will we see the buildings be as destructible as those in the 2009 trailer..?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users