Ask The Devs 28 - Answers!

75 replies to this topic

#41 CoreHunter

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

i have sat and stared at my MWO launcher for an hour without launching cus i know i will just be pissed when i enter a match. i think i will go to bed instead more constructive sue of my time.

#42 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Great answers! Thanks!

Any word on helping create a tournament scene - professional scene would be great, too!!

#43 Major Starscream

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 10 December 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Q: Any chance of seeing some cokpit damage ie. broken glass, HUD flickering or something like that when Mech is about to go down? [Major Starscream]
A: Yes - also, just for you, your Mech will scream "MEGATROOOOOOON!" just before it dies. [Garth]

This game is so awesome that even Decepticons play it when they are not fighting Autobots :) .

Megatron awaits this sound feature imaptiently ;) . Keep up the good work.

--
Major Starscream

#44 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

View Postwarp103, on 10 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

All i have to say is any mech is op if it have ecm even your commando / stealth ninja. GIVE ME A FRAKING BREAK. there are 66 pagee in on sec on ecm i have counted the for vs against. for every 1 for there are 3 against . I mean come the frak on. this video says it all.

THANKS FOR turning game in to C.O.D. clone.

Saw the above video and tried to post a comment to the author, youtube wouldnt let me, so now you can all enjoy my rantings here instead:

How sad can a grown man get?
ECM should not have Null sig capabilities, but even in its present OP state, it really isnt a problem that a good ol' flank and surgical strike cant handle.
Instead of going on about how people cant "use their brain" or " develop proper tactics" how about you figure out how to build a varied mech that can perform without relying on cheese builds and Netcode/lag countering weapons?
Incidently, i regularly run a Raven L with tag, highlighting that silly little D-DC and maknig him go down in a rain of missiles before the enemy will spot the invisible tagger
Other times i stick to my Cent-D ac2 ML and srm6.
I never brawl, I hit n run and im doing fine.
But maybe im not the audience you had in mind, me being a team player and all xP

Edited by H8Bitter, 11 December 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#45 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostTarriss Halcyon, on 11 December 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

My normal pre-match comment comes in two phases - Ravens are cursed in chat, followed by a large/medium laser/pulse laser to an allied Raven's face.

I think that's an admittance to a pattern of teamkilling. Isn't that a bannable offense?

#46 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Q: Also, what brand of Microwave do you own? [Captain N]
A: I have an LG (I had to answer this, sorry guys). [Garth]

Yes this question and answer helped me a lot! Like i said... Devs answering only Founders players pffff.

#47 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostSp4wNers, on 11 December 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Q: Also, what brand of Microwave do you own? [Captain N]
A: I have an LG (I had to answer this, sorry guys). [Garth]

Yes this question and answer helped me a lot! Like i said... Devs answering only Founders players pffff.

I think it mostly has to do with asking a well formed question, that isn't going to cause the devs an angry backlash for not giving an answer someone would want.

I would also recommend a somewhat easy question, because crazy devs everywhere don't like breaking news about something until it is either close to being released, or isn't going to cause more backlash. (See ECM threads, Role Warfare threads)

Ask something that isn't entirely beaten to death on the forums. (See ECM threads, Streak, Marketing related (MC cost))

As well as ask something that (aside from crazy and easy) is not covered on their dev posts. (Developer's Corner)

#48 SUBZERO8K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 10 December 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Alright community, we have one week to guess / place bets - will it be a variant of Caustic or River City? I think Caustic would make for a cooler night map, especially if it stayed cloud-covered and got nearly pitch black... but the current night vision mode seems to only work on close-up stuff, so I think River City is more likely. Any other thoughts?

It's going to be River City Night in the upcoming patch. Also looks like Caustic Valley Night is coming, but not quite yet.

Posted Image

#49 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostSUBZERO8K, on 11 December 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

It's going to be River City Night in the upcoming patch. Also looks like Caustic Valley Night is coming, but not quite yet.

Posted Image

where did you find this screenshot?

#50 SUBZERO8K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostJman5, on 11 December 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

where did you find this screenshot?

Digging through MW:O's GameData folder and looking at the .dds files. There were also blurry images of the (overhead) maps for the upcoming desert map and alpine map.

#51 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

All i have to say is any mech is op if it have ecm even your commando / stealth ninja. GIVE ME A FRAKING BREAK. there are 66 pagee in on sec on ecm i have counted the for vs against. for every 1 for there are 3 against . I mean come the frak on. this video says it all.

TL; DW; After a solid minute of QQ with no point, I skipped ahead to just more of the same. ECM is just another step that people are adjusting to. I am already seeing less ecm in the pug matches.

All in all I think it was a great patch. Looking forward to the next one.

#52 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostBelorion, on 11 December 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

TL; DW; After a solid minute of QQ with no point, I skipped ahead to just more of the same. ECM is just another step that people are adjusting to. I am already seeing less ecm in the pug matches.

All in all I think it was a great patch. Looking forward to the next one.

Now that the newness has worn off, I'm seeing less ECM in PUG matches and the return of the LRM spam. So either players are finding ways to counter ECM to not make it not worth dropping in a PUG match with it or they just don't like the mechs that can equip them.

#53 Diss

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Im seeing the opposite, 2+ ECM mechs both sides every battle. Pretty much 80% rush ECM mob.

Dissapointed no answers to such a massive change in the game with ECM.

#54 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostFarix, on 11 December 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

Now that the newness has worn off, I'm seeing less ECM in PUG matches and the return of the LRM spam. So either players are finding ways to counter ECM to not make it not worth dropping in a PUG match with it or they just don't like the mechs that can equip them.

Same and I play 90% Solo queue PuGs. I actually started running the Cicada 3m yesterday because I wanted to test out TAG + ECM and I'm usually the only guy on my team with ECM.

However, I suspect that people who pug as or with lights would see more ECM than average because 2/4 ecm mechs are lights.

#55 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostRyvucz, on 10 December 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Good stuff coming, hopefully it will end the current anger and banter.

I doubt it, the haters HAVE to hate, to be appeased or pacified is their anti-existence, and they can never be reasoned with, ever.

#56 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Wow, I've never heard so much nerd rage and complete BS in a 12-minute video before. That Atlas had missiles and considering that they were tracking, I'd say that he had missile lock. That doesn't paint me as a broken mechanic. In addition, I've also scored a few kills with my LRM Cat since the patch against opponents with ECM as well, and my best light mech is a mix of lasers and streaks. I'm sorry, but based on my personal experiences, this guy has almost zero credibility.

Did ECM change the game? Of course, you can't rely exclusively on long-range bombardment to win your matches anymore, which is what every elite premade unit out there was using to massacre pugs without loss. You actually have to go and find and kill your opponents now, and if you want artillery support, you actually have to send ppl out to spot, and wasn't that a planned feature in this game to begin with? These are good changes, this guy is just angry that his strategy for dominating noobs isn't brutally op anymore, so he complains about how the game sucks now.

Edited by Vanguard319, 12 December 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#57 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 12 December 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Wow, I've never heard so much nerd rage and complete BS in a 12-minute video before.

Someone say Nerd Rage? ;)

#58 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

:P Gauss Rifles are still very much alive, in fact direct fire weapons are very much a hard counter to ECM

#59 Shampoo

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostH8Bitter, on 11 December 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Saw the above video and tried to post a comment to the author, youtube wouldnt let me, so now you can all enjoy my rantings here instead:

How sad can a grown man get?
ECM should not have Null sig capabilities, but even in its present OP state, it really isnt a problem that a good ol' flank and surgical strike cant handle.
Instead of going on about how people cant "use their brain" or " develop proper tactics" how about you figure out how to build a varied mech that can perform without relying on cheese builds and Netcode/lag countering weapons?
Incidently, i regularly run a Raven L with tag, highlighting that silly little D-DC and maknig him go down in a rain of missiles before the enemy will spot the invisible tagger
Other times i stick to my Cent-D ac2 ML and srm6.
I never brawl, I hit n run and im doing fine.
But maybe im not the audience you had in mind, me being a team player and all xP

lol i love how his 3 main mechs are cheese mechs....lrm boat, streak boat, guass cat. and then goes on to QQ about people not being "skilled." oh man, good stuff =p

#60 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postwarp103, on 10 December 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

I have had 100 matchs since ecm was intro. Number of time i have been shot with gauss or lrm ZERO. Prepatch same 100 matchs, shot with LRM or Guass is every match. SO video is on point I have ZERO fear of LRM or gauss because no one using them or they no longer equip them

really? So you expect all of us to have the exact same experience you had? I would say 2/3 of the maps I play have LRM's and Guass. We're supposed to agree with you because you say you never see it? Ridiculous. And, back on topic because you have to rage about everything...

One of the best Q&A so far with lots of pertinent information. Excited to see Conquest and the new "night" map...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users