Yellow Screen Of Death

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sad Panda

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Why the hell has this still not been fixed yet? It is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. anyone else feel the same way?

#2 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Right shift + F11 = "pro mode online"

#3 Mel Evelant

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

My guess would be because it's not a super-simple, flick of the switch type of fix and things take time/planning.

#4 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Did you send in a ticket with your machine Specs, Video card and current driver versions? It all helps them...

#5 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Its happend to me once..and I'm sure it will happen to me again. Don't ignore it and send in a ticket..

#6 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

FACT 1 - Specialized Development Roles: The people that work on net code or bug fixing are not the same people that are working on modeling. Bug fixing/programming is a different skill/specialization than net code troubleshooting which is a different skill than working mech modeling and maps. I am a programmer and I could not put a model together to save my life and I would be hard pressed to do any sort of net code fixing. With this being known they are going to be able to pump out models and maps, etc while still working on net code and bug fixing. Stopping everything else to concentrate on bug fixing and netcode issues would mean that everyone else of the office would sit around doing absolutely nothing but twiddling their thumbs which wastes valuable money and time, when they could actually be doing something to move the game forward.

This post by Undead Bane goes into much more detail: Role Devfare

FACT 2 - Bug Fixing is Hard: Bug fixing is 1000 times more difficult and time consuming than writing new code, especially when you have thousands and thousands of lines of code to sort through and it becomes even more difficult if the code is not written by you (ie multiple programmers). You may think that you have found the problem in one place and you place some code there to fix it, but it turns out that the real problem is hidden deep down within layers and layers of dependent code. You put two integer values into a function and expect to get an integer value out, but on occasion you get "SRM" instead. That is a WTH moment, and honestly all it takes is for one = or == to be out of place and things will break intermittently and unexpectedly.

#7 Dakkath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Moving to the player support forum. Also, this is a known issue that is actively being worked on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users