is anyone else.....

149 replies to this topic

#141 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

It's still Free2Play, yes...but, from what the devs have said, it will NOT be Pay2Win.

The things we will buy with real-world money are fancy paint jobs, hula girls, Ryan Steiner bobbleheads (BOOM, headshot), fuzzy dice, C-bills which can be earned in-game, etc. They have explicitly stated that real money will NOT purchase a gameplay advantage that cannot be bought using in-game money.

Example of what you CAN do with real money, according to the devs: Buy a polka-dot paintjob, fuzzy dice, an 8-track player, and some flaming skull stickers for your Atlas. You can also buy a wad of C-bills, which you can earn in-game anyway; some people don't have the time to grind all the cash up, as they have both school AND work, so they can buy C-bills to help make up for that. Also, you can purchase a temporary account upgrade that increases your xp and C-bill production.

Example of what you CANNOT do with real money, per devs: Purchase a non-stop orbital bombardment that glasses the half of the city your opponents are starting on. Purchase an RAC/20 for your Atlas. Purchase Hardened Reflective Reactive Stealth armor, which takes half damage, reflects lasers, deflects AC/missile shots, and is hard to see.

Also, I don't think the devs will allow real money to purchase combustible lemon munitions for missiles/autocannons, as those would be pretty overpowered.

Edited by Aethon, 01 June 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#142 LabMaus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostAethon, on 01 June 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

It's still Free2Play, yes...but, from what the devs have said, it will NOT be Pay2Win.

The things we will buy with real-world money are fancy paint jobs, hula girls, Ryan Steiner bobbleheads (BOOM, headshot), fuzzy dice, C-bills which can be earned in-game, etc. They have explicitly stated that real money will NOT purchase a gameplay advantage that cannot be bought using in-game money.

you see things like this make me smile and cheer !
and although i am more of a sceptical person i can say that the devs are one of the few ppl left that make games for fun and not for money..... i mean sure they need to get payed somehow but they care about the community -_-

#143 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostLabMaus, on 01 June 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

you see things like this make me smile and cheer !
and although i am more of a sceptical person i can say that the devs are one of the few ppl left that make games for fun and not for money..... i mean sure they need to get payed somehow but they care about the community -_-

This is exactly what got me on board with this game; the WOT devs aren't really listening to the players, or fixing the really glaring problems with the game, while introducing nerfs/buffs that no one can even explain. The MWO devs, on the other hand, have been very active in the community, listened to our gripes, and gave us answers to our questions; even if the answer is a firm NO, it's nice to know, one way or another, whether or not something will happen.

#144 LabMaus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostAethon, on 01 June 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

This is exactly what got me on board with this game; the WOT devs aren't really listening to the players, or fixing the really glaring problems with the game, while introducing nerfs/buffs that no one can even explain. The MWO devs, on the other hand, have been very active in the community, listened to our gripes, and gave us answers to our questions; even if the answer is a firm NO, it's nice to know, one way or another, whether or not something will happen.

this is great
and thanks for the replys -_-

#145 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostTifalia, on 01 June 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

The bloody Clans... a great introduction to the franchise but seriously over-done by this point.

over done? MW2, MW2GBL, MW2Mercs are the only games I have seen that focus on the clans as the side we are fighting on. everything else I have run into focus's on the Inner Sphere. If you ask me, the IS is well over done by this point.

#146 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 02 June 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

over done? MW2, MW2GBL, MW2Mercs are the only games I have seen that focus on the clans as the side we are fighting on. everything else I have run into focus's on the Inner Sphere. If you ask me, the IS is well over done by this point.

It may not have been a Clan storyline, but MW3 and MW4 were so overrun with clan mechs, that you had the impression of being in the middle of the Kerensky cluster. That made some sense for MW3, since you were fighting the Smoke Jaguars, but felt really overdone for MW4.

Playing with IS tech only for the first year of MW:O is a welcome change for me.

#147 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

MW4 is a broken game. It is more arcade than a real battletech/mechwarrior game.

#148 Regina Redshift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only guy who likes clan 'mechs for the aesthetics.
Then I remember that I'm part of an even smaller group who hates the Timberwolf.

#149 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostArchwright, on 07 June 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only guy who likes clan 'mechs for the aesthetics.
Then I remember that I'm part of an even smaller group who hates the Timberwolf.
the timberwolf is a sharp and mean looking mech that hits as hard as it looks like it can. A bloody good looking mech!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users