is anyone else.....

149 replies to this topic

#121 Hardac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

I think the OP is assuming that clan tech will somehow compensate for terrible piloting, enough to give a clanner an edge. That's a bit optimistic.

And then there were the bits were he screamed at all us young'uns to get of his dang lawn. Which I think was the whole point of this topic.

#122 redcynic

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

Er....To those talking about having an entire year...Didnt the clans invade in August 3049? that trranslates to august of 2012. Thats like 3 months away. Unless I'm horribly confused here, the clans will be here by beta.

#123 Xuvios

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 83 posts
  • Locationstuck in the middle

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

View Postredcynic, on 20 May 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Er....To those talking about having an entire year...Didnt the clans invade in August 3049? that trranslates to august of 2012. Thats like 3 months away. Unless I'm horribly confused here, the clans will be here by beta.

crap, i read it wrong... the timeline indeed has us at 3049... i guess my brain crossed the part where it said 2011 is 3048...

my whole rant is now half invalid

#124 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

View Postredcynic, on 20 May 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Clan Invasion - Operation Revival

Clan nibbles on the edge starting in Aug of "this year". Continues on into the IS in March of "next year".

EDIT: Here's that pesky map.

Posted Image

Edited by Morashtak, 20 May 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#125 Xuvios

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 83 posts
  • Locationstuck in the middle

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

thank you for the clarification this helps immensely

even though i was wrong i would still prefer the scenario of having a full year until the first nibbles start

#126 AussieGiant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 240 posts
  • LocationZurich, Switzerland

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

I'd say we will have a bunch of "rumours" controlled by the developers about the periphery while we spend a good 6 to 8 months of IS action while we play and they balance the game.

Then, in March next year..."hold onto your knickers gents", it's going to be a series of "arse gripping" engagements as waves 1 to 4 tear everyone a new orifice. :)

Quite looking forward to it actually.

Edited by AussieGiant, 20 May 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#127 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

That map brings up an interesting question, if they couldn't advance beyond that line, why didn't they just continue their invasion advancing their flanks?

#128 dyrewolfe

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHuntingdon, England

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostStandingCow, on 18 May 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

You know what... I am just happy we are getting a new MW from a group of devs that really seem to get it and love the franchise. It will be cool though that we are starting with the IS only.

Same here. Though I would prefer more realism than Microsoft were able to deliver (i.e. Clan tech NOT readily available and seemingly used everywhere by everyone and their dog).

I'm more than happy to make do with IS tech for the first year and would like to see Clan tech drip fed into the game, only available as salvage, or to those with the money to afford it). Even if the invasion has already begun by the time MW:O finally kicks off, I would have thought it would take awhile for Clan tech to start pecolating into IS markets, illegal or otherwise.

Edited by dyrewolfe, 20 May 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#129 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

I still have my original 3025 tro, and it's still my favorite. I plan to avoid the clans as much as possible and try to pretend they don't exist. On the other hand i don't mind seeing some of the LVL 2 IS lostech available as upgrades, as long as some serious work is put into balancing costs (more expensive repairs especially) so that we don't see every IS mech running around with double sinks and XL engines.

#130 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostMota Prefect, on 19 May 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

The original trailer for MechWarrior 5 was set on Deshler in the year 3015, you are correct that MechWarrior Online is set in 3049.

that 'original' trailer is from a failed mechwarrior game, called MW5. If what I have heard is true, they liked the look of the Atlas and employed that here, as well as the general look.

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 19 May 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_invasion

It's like you just post whatever misinformation you want, damn silly things like 'facts' and canon.

someone fetch me a medic, i just found myself agreeing with Petersen!

#131 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostMorashtak, on 20 May 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Clan Invasion - Operation Revival

Clan nibbles on the edge starting in Aug of "this year". Continues on into the IS in March of "next year".

EDIT: Here's that pesky map.

Posted Image

i say we take this future vision map, and mine the **** out of the invasion zone, set every star in it to explode if the system is lost. burn the sky, let them have nothing.

#132 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 20 May 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

i say we take this future vision map, and mine the **** out of the invasion zone, set every star in it to explode if the system is lost. burn the sky, let them have nothing.

Easy to say when you're in the FWL. Not quite so easy when you're in the FRR. :P

#133 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 19 May 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Personally I wish they would have just made MW:O just about the Clans. In fact it would have made alot more sense. Here is why:

One, OMNI mechs. This allow for the best and easiest to implement customization mechanics.
Two, Superior tech. When the class do finally come out, no one will play IS mechs anymore simplily becuase the suck in comparison.

Basically if they would have just started out with the clans and made everyone choose clan alligence rather than IS allgence for factions, they start with the Tech base everyone really wants to play without the danger of adding the Clans in later and having a mass migration when they come out.

Wow.. you are wrong in so many ways.. but i guess this is to be expected from one such as you who are only clan for the leet tech.

#134 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostAethon, on 18 May 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

You won't get any argument from me on that...but what I'm saying is that no one knows what the Clan starting equipment will be.

Hell, they might troll us and make us all start with Urbanmech IIC's, lol.

that would be the altimate troll for all the clanners!! lol!!

#135 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 21 May 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Wow.. you are wrong in so many ways.. but i guess this is to be expected from one such as you who are only clan for the leet tech.

the gentleman you quoted, is right, in a way. Clan Omni mechs are specifically designed to be a pure plug and play machine in which a combat effective load is not restricted to certain placements on the mech to allow for greater diverse lay out and easier change in field. A mech that can take weapons and slot them any where on the mech is by and large more effective longer than one that has very specific locations to which you can bolt in weapons. Example: Take an Atlas, it can only mount weapons in certain locations, and when locations for say, Energy weapons are obliterated that Atlas is now limited to ballistic weapons. Take an Omni mech, and lets say you destroy the locations the Energy weapons are CURRENTLY located, all the pilot has to do is make it back to a field base, have the tech's strip down the ballistic weapons and rearm the mech in those locations with Energy weapons if he/she is so inclined. It permits better versatility.

However, I would not expect everyone to make a charge to the Clanner side of things, faction or gear wise for any number of reasons. Some players are opposed to any and all Clan technology and affiliation because they think the introduction of Clans and Clan tech were game breaking and prefer to stick with IS tech. Others, think that Clan tech is the way to go. I honestly think, that in the end, we will see some players obviously run and join the Clans for what ever reason, and some will remain loyal to the Innersphere. Be patient, and watch!

#136 akaChrisHimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 292 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

You know what that means...

Posted Image

I'd rather party like it's 3025...

#137 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

bane: Posted Image uh what image? all i get is a white box with a 'working' thing that never goes anywhere. Id rather party like its 3050 XD

#138 Alfred VonGunn

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostHipjoint, on 18 May 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

It is this exact line of thought that and the Devs lack of contorling it, that has single handly killed every Mech Warrior and Battle Tech game. Unless the Devs can force players to "play" clan if not then the clans are unbalanced and almost unbeatable.

I for one welcome the short time we will have with out Clan tech.

It is easy to fore\ce it.. Just not sure how they can build teh game to handle it.. For ever 20 tons of Clan mech the IS side gets 40.... That would make the battles aboout even until the IS starts getting LOTs of new tech.. The other way would be if the game could handle the numbers Max 15 Clan mechs vs up to 36 IS mechs.. 1 Tri vs a Batta;ion.. About even with normal Miox ib a ccanon IS unit... Thats why the tonnage would work better.. Not sure they could make a game that could run 51 mechs in combat on same map.. and it would need to be a Big *** Map to..

#139 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

The bloody Clans... a great introduction to the franchise but seriously over-done by this point.

#140 LabMaus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

you know i wasnt onine that much had some school work to do but did anything change regarding the game to be F2P and rich ppl buying advantages ?

cause if yes i wont stay for that long ... i played like 10000000 F2P shooters and all are the same **** ... and with **** i mean ppl can buy advantages

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users