2251 replies to this topic

#2041 king0pa1n

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image

I managed to manually realign the missing geometry very accurately (it was only missing the feet that the toes connected to, but I also realigned the legs as well).

Here's a download link if anybody wants the model without having to mess with it (does not include textures)
http://tinyurl.com/hy2mjfb

#2042 king0pa1n

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

Posted Image

#2043 Zorn Taov

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Has anyone else noticed that there are some parts that use UV's for both the main texture and the variant? For example the center torso for the Direwolf has UV's mapped to the variant texture, but when going through the conversion proccess it loses the distinction between the two textures or something and just uses the body texture for all uv's. example image included using the MWO_CAMO material with the mountain rgb map where the faces going around the base of the cockpit are on the wrong texture.

Posted Image

#2044 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:00 AM

I made a new music video. It is both more "adult" and simultaneously more childish at the exact same time.

#2045 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

Having a play with backgrounds in GIMP. Totally created from a transparent layer.

Posted Image

#2046 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 March 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

I made a new music video. It is both more "adult" and simultaneously more childish at the exact same time.

You know what this thread needs?

Moar Urbanmech. (why ain't this in my Digital Art contest??? Well, OK; it wouldn't really qualify...but would be great for morale!)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 March 2017 - 07:42 AM.

#2047 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

You know what this thread needs?

Moar Urbanmech. (why ain't this in my Digital Art contest??? Well, OK; it wouldn't really qualify...but would be great for morale!)

I wonder if I could animate a dancing Urbie for the contest... I bet I could! When is the due date?

#2048 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 March 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

I wonder if I could animate a dancing Urbie for the contest... I bet I could! When is the due date?

1159 pm on the 15th of March

#2049 Tralik

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for this thread. I'm trying to extract some of these models but am having a difficult time converting the files from .cgf to .obj files. I've tried using the cgf-converter.exe but cannot seem to get the syntax right to save my life. Can someone copy the correct syntax here for me to try?

#2050 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 March 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

Lol good Job Heffay, have to show it immediatly my unit comrades Posted Image

#2051 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostTralik, on 13 March 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Thanks for this thread. I'm trying to extract some of these models but am having a difficult time converting the files from .cgf to .obj files. I've tried using the cgf-converter.exe but cannot seem to get the syntax right to save my life. Can someone copy the correct syntax here for me to try?

What is the error you are getting, and how are you entering the command when it gives the error?

#2052 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

hey!

sorry for asking - but is there already a new importer script out that mitigates the problems with the bushwacker? (and possible other future mechs)

#2053 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostIacov, on 18 March 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

hey!

sorry for asking - but is there already a new importer script out that mitigates the problems with the bushwacker? (and possible other future mechs)

Not yet. Sorry. Just haven't had a chance yet to look at this. :(

#2054 Jacob Soloman

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

Evening all,

It's been awhile since I played with these 3D files (in the order of several years I think). I'm trying my hand again with some of the newer mechs but when trying to run the mech-importer script it keeps saying it can't find the .cdf file. I've tried it on several mechs now and whilst I can find the file, the script keeps failing. I've noticed other folk have had the same problem, so I'm wondering if I'm using an old version of the script or if I've missed something more obvious.

Also, has anyone managed to get the Bushwacker armature to work? I downloaded king0pa1n's re-aligned file but can't seem to get the armature to do its thing.

Any help would be grand. Cheers

#2055 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

View PostJacob Soloman, on 06 April 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Evening all,

It's been awhile since I played with these 3D files (in the order of several years I think). I'm trying my hand again with some of the newer mechs but when trying to run the mech-importer script it keeps saying it can't find the .cdf file. I've tried it on several mechs now and whilst I can find the file, the script keeps failing. I've noticed other folk have had the same problem, so I'm wondering if I'm using an old version of the script or if I've missed something more obvious.

If you have the mech-importer script in the path, you should just be able to run it from the directory that contains the .cdf file, with no arguments.

#2056 Jacob Soloman

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. The .ps1 file is where it should be. I've tried running the script in both variants of Powershell with no luck. I thought I'd try and re-download your script again but I can't seem to find an original. I don't suppose you can PM me a link or something? Perhaps with a fresh script I might be able to get this working again.

Cheers

#2057 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

What error does the powershell script give you when you run it?

#2058 Bugbot

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

I'm having difficulties with the mech importer. For some reason, I keep getting errors when I run it in Powershell, and when I copy the import text to blender, it gives me more errors. Could somebody help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
https://lh6.googleus...k=w1680-h920-rw
These are the errors I'm getting in powershell.
https://lh6.googleus...Amek=w1680-h920
And these are the errors I'm getting in blender. It seems to stem from name 't' not being defined, as well as key "" not found, but I have no idea how to fix this.

#2059 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

I have a question regarding Decals: Is it possible to convert the Decals into a JPEG or vector data? I would like to plot some of them and put them on my car.

#2060 Jacob Soloman

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

Heffay,

Whilst running PS ISE in admin mode, I get the following:

PS C:\Windows\system32> E:\00_Private\Main\Hobby\BT\MWO\objects\battlemaster\mech-importer.ps1
Directory set to system32
Unable to find .cdf file.
Usage: mech-importer <mech .cdf file>
If .cdf file isn't specified, Mech Importer checks the current directory
Please update the script before running. The following variables need to be properly defined:
$basedir: Where you extracted the object.pak files (and skins)
$imageformat: What image format you are using (default .dds)

Please use Noesis with the cryengine plug-in to convert all the .cgf files to .obj with -flipUV first
See https://www.youtube....GKeU_LBODtkh29b for tutorials.

Press Enter to continue...:

I'm getting a feeling that I'm missing a step somewhere but I can't identify it.

Cheers for your help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users