#2061 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

Jacob and Bugbot, I'll take a look at these issues when I get back from work today. Sorry for the delay on getting back to this.

#2062 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

View PostJacob Soloman, on 18 April 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Heffay,

Whilst running PS ISE in admin mode, I get the following:

PS C:\Windows\system32> E:\00_Private\Main\Hobby\BT\MWO\objects\battlemaster\mech-importer.ps1
Directory set to system32
Unable to find .cdf file.
Usage: mech-importer <mech .cdf file>
If .cdf file isn't specified, Mech Importer checks the current directory
Please update the script before running. The following variables need to be properly defined:
$basedir: Where you extracted the object.pak files (and skins)
$imageformat: What image format you are using (default .dds)

Please use Noesis with the cryengine plug-in to convert all the .cgf files to .obj with -flipUV first
See https://www.youtube....GKeU_LBODtkh29b for tutorials.

Is there a battlemaster.cdf fie in that directory? And have you modified the mech-importer.ps1 script (you can use notepad) to change the variables in there that are listed?

View PostBugbot, on 17 April 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I'm having difficulties with the mech importer. For some reason, I keep getting errors when I run it in Powershell, and when I copy the import text to blender, it gives me more errors. Could somebody help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
https://lh6.googleus...k=w1680-h920-rw
These are the errors I'm getting in powershell.
https://lh6.googleus...Amek=w1680-h920
And these are the errors I'm getting in blender. It seems to stem from name 't' not being defined, as well as key "" not found, but I have no idea how to fix this.

I'm not able to see those. It says I don't have permission to view the files.

#2063 Bugbot

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

Okay, I'll copy the errors here.
When I run it, it starts with:

Cannot index into a null array.
At C:\Documents\Models\Mechwarrior\Objects\mechs\awesome\mech-importer.ps1:56 char:40
+ $directory = (Get-ChildItem).directory[ <<<< 0].name # $directory should have the name of the mech
+ CategoryInfo : Invalid Operation: (0:Int32) [], RuntimeException
+FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArray

Then, after it states the directory, the mech, and the modeldir, and finds the materials, the errors continue:

Method invocation failed because [System.String[]] doesn't contain a method named 'split'.
At C:\Documents\Models\Mechwarrior\Objects\mechs\awesome\mech-importer.ps1:271 char:44
+ $objectname = $binding.split("/").split <<<< ("\\")
+CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (split:String) [], Runtime Exception
+FullyQualifiedErrorId : MethodNotFound

Cannot index into a null array.
At C:\Documents\Models\Mechwarrior\Objects\mechs\awesome\mech-importer.ps1:272 char:31
+ $objectname = $objectname[ <<<< -1] #grabs the last part of path
+ CategoryInfo : Invalid Operation: (-1:Int32) [], RuntimeException
+FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArray

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At C:\Documents\Models\Mechwarrior\Objects\mechs\awesome\mech-importer.ps1:273 char:40
+ $objectname = $objectname.substring <<<< (0,$objectname.length-4) #strip last 4 characters

+ CategoryInfo : Invalid Operation: (substring:String) [], RuntimeException
+FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

And it just repeats these errors at different place in the code over and over until it finishes.

In blender, I'm getting these errors repeatedly. It repeats with different commands, but still has the same errors, and it seems to stem from name 't' not being defined and key "" not being found, as I said earlier.

>> bpy.context.object.data.materials.append(t)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<blender_console>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 't' is not defined

>>> bpy.context.scene.objects.active=bpy.data.objects[""]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<blender_console>", line 1, in <module>
KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "" not found'

#2064 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:52 AM

hey heffay

you sad you have archived the original weapon arms... i really hope the Centurion was part of that.
Would great if you might provide them (I take the pak file or the *.cga files as well)

#2065 Level1Firebolt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

http://imgur.com/a/UzA5k

So I made this timber a while back using Heffay's program to construct the mech in blender, which I then exported as an obj file to print. However, the timber in game has been modified to 'squat' further down. Heffay, any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

#2066 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

View PostTHE LAST JEDI, on 16 May 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

http://imgur.com/a/UzA5k

So I made this timber a while back using Heffay's program to construct the mech in blender, which I then exported as an obj file to print. However, the timber in game has been modified to 'squat' further down. Heffay, any idea how to fix this?

I'm guessing the t-pose (or mech equivalent) has been modified? To position mechs properly, you need to add the armature and pose them. Watch my 2nd and 3rd (and 2nd supplemental) tutorial videos on how to import and parent an armature. It takes quite a bit of work at first, but once you get the process down it only takes about 10 minutes to fully rig a mech. And then you can pose it any way you want!

#2067 Level1Firebolt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

Usually when I import everything into blender, the mech is already positioned correctly. The timber by default just seems to stand a bit taller than it's in game variant.

#2068 Level1Firebolt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:31 PM

Anyone want to share the timby blender files with me Posted Image Having some trouble with the powershell.

Edit: Nvm, got it. Was something wrong with the cgf converter.exe. I grabbed it from a previous project I worked on. Imported to blender with no problems.

Heffay, would it be possible to edit your OP to fix the broken links? Any plans to redo the tutorial :)

Edited by THE LAST JEDI, 21 May 2017 - 06:07 AM.

#2069 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostTHE LAST JEDI, on 20 May 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Heffay, would it be possible to edit your OP to fix the broken links? Any plans to redo the tutorial Posted Image

Updated all the links (I think) in the original post. I'll be working on an updated version of everything soon (when Star Citizen 3.0 comes out), and redo all the tutorials then as well.

#2070 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

The links to the images showing what commands to use and in what directory for Powershell is broken.

Also, thanks for keeping up with this thread and updating the files after all these years.

#2071 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

Posted Image

Adder in the Jungle (Royalty free jungle background)

#2072 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

Could someone tell me the command line to run cgf-converter.exe? I've tried piecing it together from memory from the last time I used it but I've had no luck with setting it up.

Edit: What I have so far is this:
foreach ($file in (Get-ChildItem *.cg)) { E:\MWO\cgf-converter.exe $file -obj -objectdir "E:\MWO\Mech_Paks\Hunchback\" }

Doing this however has no effect whatsoever.

Edited by Valdemaar, 08 June 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#2073 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostValdemaar, on 08 June 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Could someone tell me the command line to run cgf-converter.exe? I've tried piecing it together from memory from the last time I used it but I've had no luck with setting it up.

Edit: What I have so far is this:
foreach ($file in (Get-ChildItem *.cg)) { E:\MWO\cgf-converter.exe $file -obj -objectdir "E:\MWO\Mech_Paks\Hunchback\" }

Doing this however has no effect whatsoever.

Change *.cg to *.cg*. That should fix it.

#2074 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

View PostHeffay, on 09 June 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

Change *.cg to *.cg*. That should fix it.

I figured it was something simple I was messing up with, thanks!

#2075 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

I need some help, I have downloaded the mech converter etc, and placed all of the unzipped files in the root of my E drive in a folder called E:\3dMechs.
I want to work on a Stormcrow. There is no file for it anywhere other than png files.
Can someone tell me:
1. Where in the hell is the stormcrow?
2. What is the "EXACT" syntax I need to put in the mech converter to get this changed so I can open it in blender. I am a computer engineer but NOT a programmer, so some specific help here would be greatly appreciated.

#2076 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostMax OConnor, on 07 July 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

I need some help, I have downloaded the mech converter etc, and placed all of the unzipped files in the root of my E drive in a folder called E:\3dMechs.
I want to work on a Stormcrow. There is no file for it anywhere other than png files.
Can someone tell me:
1. Where in the hell is the stormcrow?
2. What is the "EXACT" syntax I need to put in the mech converter to get this changed so I can open it in blender. I am a computer engineer but NOT a programmer, so some specific help here would be greatly appreciated.

The Stormcrow mech files should be in Objects\Mechs\Stormcrow. If you don't see any files there, then you may not have unzipped the archive, or it unzipped somewhere else.

There are a number of steps to being able to open the files in Blender. I'm assuming you ran the cgf-converter program to convert them all to obj files already. Once that is done, you can use mech-importer.ps1 in Powershell (in the Stormcrow directory, where the stormcrow.cdf file is) to get the import.txt file, and then paste the contents of that into the Blender python console.

#2077 Volt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:26 AM

has anyone tried to extract the Cougar and Mad Cat Mk.II mechs yet? Some of the parts seem to be in the wrong location.

#2078 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

Has anyone discovered a CGF Or other CryEngine / MWO converter that runs in windows and not a dos box into NON-Blender Formats?

#2079 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostVolt, on 19 July 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

has anyone tried to extract the Cougar and Mad Cat Mk.II mechs yet? Some of the parts seem to be in the wrong location.

Just did the Cougar, and everything looked ok. What looked wrong when you did it?

Posted Image

#2080 ThunderCough

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

I did a couple of searches but haven't found this yet..

After getting the model in blender, has anyone tried exporting as .stl for the purpose of 3d printing?

There are some steps on exporting as .stl from blender, here: https://www.stratasy...-files/#blender

Edited by ThunderCough, 16 August 2017 - 09:42 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users