Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

It was meant to be!! Woo hoo!

#343 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

My only issue with this coming out in June is that I now have to grind out C-bills to make sure I can buy them on the 18th.

#344 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

So, I guess PGI is going to continue their new trend of releasing a Hero mech on the first patch of the month and the cbill mech on the second patch? If so, I am actually surprised that the upcoming hero mech for the 4th has not been teased yet.

#345 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hero orion hero orion! Heroin! .....wait wut?

#346 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 28 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hero orion hero orion! Heroin! .....wait wut?

Great, now I'm totally going to have to name my Orion "Smackie".

#347 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hero Orion...... Giving us Kerensky's ride is way too obvious a choice. I'm hoping for Lurch, myself.

#348 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostBarHaid, on 28 May 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hero Orion...... Giving us Kerensky's ride is way too obvious a choice. I'm hoping for Lurch, myself.

They can't give us Kerensky's version, since that one, thankfully (I'd really hate to see millions of Kerenskys around), uses a snub-nose PPC.

#349 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostInRev, on 28 May 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Great, now I'm totally going to have to name my Orion "Smackie".

Haha.

#350 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

can't wait the Orion is one of my favorites, I have 2 cast metal minis

#351 GRIMM11

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

I hope the designers wont be afraid of having round arm cannons. or smooth round shapes in general. The mechs are starting to all look the same.

#352 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 28 May 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

So, I guess PGI is going to continue their new trend of releasing a Hero mech on the first patch of the month and the cbill mech on the second patch? If so, I am actually surprised that the upcoming hero mech for the 4th has not been teased yet.

Posted Image

#353 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostSuskis, on 19 December 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Ugliest mech in original 3025 technical readout

3025 classic mech era.

No silly designs,(much) the engineering almost made sense, no fed-com, no clans, unseen...were about..

vintage

#354 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 May 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Also, it should be noted that each Orion variant except the OM1-M starts with a STD 300 Engine; the ON1-M starts with a 300 XL Engine.
With the 1.2x Engine Rating Cap for Heavy 'Mechs, the all of the Orion variants would be limited to a maximum engine rating of 360 and a base top speed (that is, without modules, quirks, and efficiencies) of 76.32 kph.

Thoughts?

I had a Thor that went 104.

#355 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 28 May 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I had a Thor that went 104.

And assuming PGI implements OmniMechs "correctly" (that is, true to the limitations placed on OmniMechs by BT canon), the MWO Thor would not ever be able to change its Engine (among other things) at all or add MASC (since it didn't come with it "hard-wired"); it would always be equipped with a 350 XL (with a baseline top speed of 81kph and a speed-tweaked top speed of 89.1 kph).

Though, if PGI does let OmniMechs change their Engines and install MASC in those that do not come with it, a Thor with a 400-rated Engine (as the engine cap "would be" 420, the result of 350 * 1.2) would have a baseline top speed of 92.57 kph, a speed-tweaked top speed of 101.83 kph, a MASC-only top speed of 123.43 kph, and a MASC + speed tweak top speed of 135.77 kph.
By contrast (and to steer the thread back on-topic), an Orion with MASC and speed tweak and a 360-rated Engine would have a MASC + speed tweak top speed of 114.05 kph.
And at that point, why have Light 'Mechs at all? :)

So, it'd be arguably better for the game if 1.) OmniMechs have their components locked, and 2.) MASC is restricted to only certain chassis/variants (mainly those that had it in BT; or, more generally, some Lights and Mediums, and maybe a few Heavies and Assaults (specifically, those with the lower Engine caps)).

#356 Iron Savior

Dezgra

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Is there a reason it's arms only have a single medium laser in each, but they look like they both house 3 ppcs?

(Bad art design is the reason fyi)

#357 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostIron Savior, on 28 May 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Is there a reason it's arms only have a single medium laser in each, but they look like they both house 3 ppcs?

(Bad art design is the reason fyi)

Chumaj...

The reason is they have to stuck an LRM launcher inside that arm... but I guess you have no idea about design, otherwise you wouldn't teach others about it like someone "better".

#358 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

I am looking forward to the Orion, mostly down to it being a good solid workhorse for the heavy bracket. I just want to get my grubby mits on it and see what specs i can tweek out of its frame.

#359 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 28 May 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

In one of the ask the devs, the devs were asked about this because of how popular the Heavy Metal was 2 weeks prior to the C-Bill versions. They said the next two hero mechs were done and are mechs from in game already. So one was the Stalker. So next one is.....

My two guess are Raven or JagerMech. Both have 3 variants only and the Light class has 1 hero mech and the heavy has 2 (3 if you count the Dragons separately).

Edit: NM, I just saw it's a JagerMech on the front page, heh.

Edited by Ngamok, 29 May 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#360 Finn McShae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm so excited for my Orion(s) that I bought and rigged a Jager A with the ON1-K stock loadout and its been surprisingly effective. I just sit at range and rain my little LRM 15's until I'm out and move in with MLAS, AC and SRM. I've been shocked at how often its the SRM 4 that gets the kill shot, and its been statistically my second most effective mech so far. Granted that's not saying much because I'm not very good.

I'm thinking I'll keep that loadout, use Endo to get a bigger engine, and swap one ton of SRM ammo for AC10 ammo (I think it comes with 2 stock on TT). I've used this loadout plenty of times on TT, called "Warpig" (since ON1-K always makes me think "oink"). Should be great.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users