Battlemech 19: Orion

685 replies to this topic

#381 Finn McShae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

If this is the truth i am beyond pissed. They replace my alltime fav mech (it coming in June was all that kept me from uninstalling in the bugfest of April) with my least favorite heavy of the era? Awesome.

Edited by Finn McShae, 04 June 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#382 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

You know, the sad thing is that I started my premium time this past weekend so that I could quickly finish my cataphracts and then have time to "level" my Orions when I got them on the 18th ... Now I don't even feel like using that premium time.

#383 BrotherSurplice

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCoventry, United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

What the hell PGI? Replacing a fantastic, classic, iconic mech with . . . the Quickdraw? Now we won't have a 75 ton mech for months! ;)

#384 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

I know, I have not even been playing MWO recently for lack of a Mech I like. The Awesome is junk at the moment, Highlander is not bad, but too heavy for my style of play, Cataphract is okay too, but neither of those were getting me into the game this week. I was testing the Awesome and it failed the tests. Did you know the Awesome CT hitbox is the whole center section including the sides of it? On the Atlas it's just the front plate of the CT.

Anyway, I thought the Orion might be perfect to replace the Awesome. Now I am wondering what to do if anything.

#385 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

well.. so much for my excitement this month... blown away, like the orion...

#386 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

I think I've figured out why the Orion got delayed. I believe they will do a Heavy Metal deal here and sell the Hero variant first and then 2 weeks later release the C bill version.
Just look how many people are looking forward to the Orion compared to the meh the Quickdraw is generating. I'm pretty sure they will sell way more hero Orions early than any other announced mechs. Well at least more than Quickdraws. I imagine anything over 70 tons will sell, so I bet on early hero Victor as well.

#387 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 04 June 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

I think I've figured out why the Orion got delayed. I believe they will do a Heavy Metal deal here and sell the Hero variant first and then 2 weeks later release the C bill version.
Just look how many people are looking forward to the Orion compared to the meh the Quickdraw is generating. I'm pretty sure they will sell way more hero Orions early than any other announced mechs. Well at least more than Quickdraws. I imagine anything over 70 tons will sell, so I bet on early hero Victor as well.

do you think anyone with a brain would be willing to spend ANY money on MC after this blatantly obvious betrayal?

#388 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostRasako, on 04 June 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

do you think anyone with a brain would be willing to spend ANY money on MC after this blatantly obvious betrayal?

LOL, 3 or 4 months form now no one will remember this "betrayal", there will be at least 5 or 6 other such forum flame ups between then and now. And even if there aren't anymore I imagine they will sell a boatload. You really think that all the upset people on the forums actually stay upset or really don't spend money on this game?
All this has happened before and will happen again.
Some of the biggest complainers probably spend the most money on this game.
I firmly believe that if this is their plan, they will make a heap of money on this sale. This thread will still be around then. (well unless there's more forum uproar and they need to "fix" the forums again.) We'll see.
I bet on plenty of people forgetting this incident and happily ponying up cash for the hero variant. Care to take me up on it?

#389 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

I stated that anyone with half a brain gave up on putting money into this game ages ago, don't know why you're getting so hostile over it

Edited by Rasako, 04 June 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#390 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Getting bent out of shape due to the "delay" is just silly. I want the Orion, I want the Flea, but I am just going to have to wait for them. All good things in due time right?

#391 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostRasako, on 04 June 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: Got another good one:

Posted Image

Edited by ssm, 04 June 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#392 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Was looking so much forward to the Orion. :angry: <_< :ph34r: :( :(
The Quickdraw is not the crappiest heavy in this timeline.. but it is the crappiest one which is not Unseen.
Also, because PGI is very probably not going to introduce backward weapons or OS launcher, the Quickdraw actually has only 2 variants timeline-wise! What the hell, PGI?

#393 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostRasako, on 04 June 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I stated that anyone with half a brain gave up on putting money into this game ages ago, don't know why you're getting so hostile over it

Actually that's not what your post said. It might be what you intended to say, but that wasn't clear to me. Besides I didn't call anything a blatant betrayal, so let's not talks about hostile. :angry:
I just find that people seem to be under the misapprehension that people aren't spending money on this game. Now if you want to label them all as half wits that's fine. I'm just saying that people will be buying these up like all the previous heroes. This despite all the people who say they suck or are too expensive or only half wits buy them.

#394 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image
no orion but at least were getting a new mech :\
Would be cool to see this mech tho :angry:
(Yea its mechassualt and its called a puma ingame but what is it called in real battletech? If it even exists <_<)

Edited by kesuga7, 04 June 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#395 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 04 June 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Posted Image
no orion but at least were getting a new mech :\
Would be cool to see this mech tho :angry:
(Yea its mechassualt and its called a puma ingame but what is it called in real battletech? If it even exists <_<)

Cougar. Now go away.

#396 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 04 June 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Cougar. Now go away.

LMAO, mechassault followed by clan talk, he had that coming.

(If you're not familiar, mechassault isn't very good around here.)

#397 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 04 June 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Was looking so much forward to the Orion. :) :) :P :( :angry:
The Quickdraw is not the crappiest heavy in this timeline.. but it is the crappiest one which is not Unseen.
Also, because PGI is very probably not going to introduce backward weapons or OS launcher, the Quickdraw actually has only 2 variants timeline-wise! What the hell, PGI?

They always just move the weapons to the front (we have other variants with backwards facing weapons)

#398 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostSkye Storm, on 04 June 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

LMAO, mechassault followed by clan talk, he had that coming.

(If you're not familiar, mechassault isn't very good around here.)

yeah i know i had it coming

what i mean't is that is also be nice to see them ingame (wayy later on though) even though they are clan mechs way past timeline

I have a saying Mechassault is like Dawn of war 2 to The original (Warhammer 40k) Dawn of war in terms of complexity
mechassault is a arcade game that goes past all BT rules but i still like it and mechwarrior :)

I get a delay but why 3-4 months :) can they have been THAT unprepared

#399 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 04 June 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

I get a delay but why 3-4 months :) can they have been THAT unprepared

The release schedule must be inviolate!
Except they violated it.
Now they violate us.
:)

Really though I'd like to see what other mechs (5 of them?) they have ready to just pull out of a hat whenever they feel like letting us test their content in their beta.

Edited by Damocles, 04 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#400 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostBelorion, on 04 June 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

They always just move the weapons to the front (we have other variants with backwards facing weapons)

He meant that only one of variants that are possible in the current timeline have different weapons than the primary variant. The 4H and the 5K have the same weapons as the 4G, just different facings.

Which leaves the 5A as the only variant with different stock weapons.

Because I'm lazy:

View PostMahws, on 04 June 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

So, interesting thing I just noticed, the Quickdraw doesn't really have three decent variants. Only one of the variants actually has a load out different to the Prime Variant.

QKD-4G: Prime Variant(1)
QKD-4H: Identical (2)
QKD-5K: Identical except for Fero/DHS (4)
QKD-5A: Removes the LRM10, adds 2 ML (3)

Could be that we're finally getting C3 added?
QKD-C: Requires C3 Slave (x)
Although it's pretty much identical minus a single ML, so that seems unlikely. And there's no reason they'd have kept it a secret.

Other variants are completely out of timeline:
QKD-5M: Requires one shot missile launchers (x)
QKD-5Mr: Requires ER ML.
QKD-8K: Requires ER ML/MRM.
QKD-8P: Requires torso cockpit.

Odd that they'd have chosen the Quickdraw out of all the possible IS heavies all things considered, especially odd in light of no mention of the mech before now and no artwork/announcement. Something seems fishy.

Edited by Mahws, 04 June 2013 - 09:23 PM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users