#641 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 03 September 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

How does it fare in battle overall? Have yet to see a whole lot of either complaining or praising it performance-wise. I'm more interested in seeing how it does with the stock loadout since I'm going to dump the few cbills I've been grinding for on my new Atlas first.

Played 6, kills 7, deaths 4 with my modfied build, I like it..Playing Pug's deaths happend in roll over stomp games had a 4 kill game so, I don't think its to shoddy

#642 ROJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

That thing is as small as a medium mech, I expected it to be taller and larger.. It also lacks the swag of the original Orion.

Edited by ROJ, 05 September 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#643 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostBad Andy, on 04 September 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

as bad as the awesome? can you hit the CT from the sides?

Not easily.

#644 Arkmaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

The windshield is wierd on the model. The frame appears to be right in the pilot's point of view. Looked much better on the concept art, IMO.

#645 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostNgamok, on 05 September 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Not easily.

Headshots, on the other hand, are as common as catapults. I am getting headshot and scoring headshots on Protectors fairly commonly. Strongly recommend the torso twist when opposed by a marksman.

#646 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Posted Image

I think the mech looks bad *** but to me the head kinda looks like that square headed robot on Hawken.

#647 SIERRA 116

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationReach

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

It looks plastic.

#648 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

You people are crazy, spending 30 bucks on a single mech that doesn't actually exist. What a joke, this game has done nothing but progressively get worse since closed beta. Went from a promised true mechwarrior game to mech assault with ridiculous real money prices. The games lost all creditablity, no one's even talking about this anymore.

Edited by lsp, 05 September 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#649 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

View Postlsp, on 05 September 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

You people are crazy, spending 30 bucks on a single mech that doesn't actually exist. What a joke, this game has done nothing but progressively get worse since closed beta. Went from a promised true mechwarrior game to mech assault with ridiculous real money prices. The games lost all creditablity, no one's even talking about this anymore.

My name isn't "no one" but me and my friends definatelly talk MWO. And calling peoply crazy just because you don't want to spend $ on in game items or because your feelings got hurt doesn't mean others feel the same as you. I happen to like the game, tho I'm not to thrilled with 3pv or how its was handled it does not effect me.

#650 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostSIERRA 116, on 05 September 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

It looks plastic.

Posted Image

BTW Orion seems to be very compact mech, judging from video ad of the Protector. And balance between legs and torso looks somewhat off, with torso too compact on the large legs.

Edited by Morang, 06 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#651 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostMorang, on 06 September 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

BTW Orion seems to be very compact mech, judging from video ad of the Protector. And balance between legs and torso looks somewhat off, with torso too compact on the large legs.

arms dont fan out as much as in the concept art. maybe that has something to do with the proportion issue.

#652 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 06 September 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

arms dont fan out as much as in the concept art. maybe that has something to do with the proportion issue.

Maybe yes, maybe also because of Protector's painting and/or shadows on the concept. Arms were altered of course to get out of the way of torso cannon - arms lowered, torso mount raised.

It's also a shame that command 'mech got no ECM-capable variant. Atlas DDC doesn't carry one as per canon too, but PGI gave ECM to it. I wonder how long will it remain the on;y ECM-capable mech above Medium weight class. It seems that after ECM debacle they are just afraid to add ECM-capable mechs because of their balancing madskillz being not enough to cope with them (still they haven't rebalanced neither DDC nor 3L which are not only ECM-capable, but also have an additional module slot, all while not penalized in terms of gun hardpoints).

#653 hashinshin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

This game should be changed to be less like mechassault and more like mechwarrior!

... unnerf poptarting. Buff PPCs again. Reduce any restrictions assault mechs are given over mediums to encourage full assault mech usage. Change the maps to long sloping plains with no cover. Make any weapons that aren't LLs, PPCs, or AC20s useless. Lets do this!

#654 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

They came so close to it last March and it took 6 months of whining to fix the OP'age of PPC/Gauss. I think PGI definitely has the potential hashinshin.

#655 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostOriginalTibs, on 05 September 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Headshots, on the other hand, are as common as catapults. I am getting headshot and scoring headshots on Protectors fairly commonly. Strongly recommend the torso twist when opposed by a marksman.

Yea I noticed I get hit in the head often. But have not given up a head shot to the enemy yet.

Edited by Ngamok, 07 September 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#656 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Posthashinshin, on 07 September 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

This game should be changed to be less like mechassault and more like mechwarrior!

... unnerf poptarting. Buff PPCs again. Reduce any restrictions assault mechs are given over mediums to encourage full assault mech usage. Change the maps to long sloping plains with no cover. Make any weapons that aren't LLs, PPCs, or AC20s useless. Lets do this!

not sure if expert troll or serious

#657 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

the 10th they will be available for MC and around the 17th they will be available for cbills.

#658 ferranis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Safe to bring a xl, everything hits center torso anyway. But boy this thing is twitchy and fast with a 360xl. Will be fun when mastered.

Edited by ferranis, 09 September 2013 - 02:32 AM.

#659 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Postferranis, on 09 September 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

Safe to bring a xl, everything hits center torso anyway. But boy this thing is twitchy and fast with a 360xl. Will be fun when mastered.

Yea man can't wait to build thishttp://mwo.smurfy-ne...acae147cad39f7e

Also going to make this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...72294831dd34154

Edited by SirSmokes, 09 September 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#660 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostROJ, on 05 September 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

That thing is as small as a medium mech, I expected it to be taller and larger.. It also lacks the swag of the original Orion.

That's good. To have a heavy mech that is small for a change. Harder to hit. Rather than have medium mechs the size of heavies.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users