Do You Want Real Clan Tech In The Game

233 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want REAL Clan Tech (445 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want unmodified Clan tech in MWO

1. Unmodified (Clan tech isnt meant to be balanced) (297 votes [66.74%])

Percentage of vote: 66.74%

2. Balanced (gotta make it fair) (148 votes [33.26%])

Percentage of vote: 33.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

The other clan tell poll made me think. Do you want REAL clan tech or do most people want the Clan tech to get modified to make it balanced and fair for the IS?

Personally, I think it wasnt ever meant to be fair and it shouldnt get nerfed just to preserve balance in the game

#2 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

I think ultimately it has to be balanced, how it is balanced is the real question.

Lots of ways it could be balanced but I think right now, I don't care until the game we have right now, feels balanced.

No point worrying about the step at the top of the staircase when you stumbled over the bottom one.

Edited by FrostPaw, 21 December 2012 - 08:41 AM.

#3 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

I don't see how they can do it with full power clan tech.

#4 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

PGI should freeze the timeline and forget about Clan invasion until I.S. gameplay is balanced out and netcode problems, ect are brought under control. We havnt even scratched the surface of I.S. combat and game modes, why cause more problems with Clan tech. Yes we all want Timberwolves, Summoners and Stormcrows but not if the game is full of bugs.

#5 Orgasmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Clans are supposed to be two centuries ahead, so of course they would be way more advanced. However for the sake of the game, there should be downside to using Clan Tech.

- They should double the price of what IS components cost at the minimum, triple ideally.
- You must pay repair and rearm cost, at double the rate R/R cost before it got removed from the game. A loss from a match and major destruction to your components should cost you around 200k. That will get you to play tactically, like Clan warriors.

It makes sense to do so both game balance-wise and lore-wise. Clan Tech were incredibly difficult to come across at the early point of the invasion, and the IS factions have little understanding of them.

#6 Valleros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostRyokens leap, on 21 December 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

PGI should freeze the timeline and forget about Clan invasion until I.S. gameplay is balanced out and netcode problems, ect are brought under control. We havnt even scratched the surface of I.S. combat and game modes, why cause more problems with Clan tech. Yes we all want Timberwolves, Summoners and Stormcrows but not if the game is full of bugs.

Not all of us... I never liked the Nazis from outer space and their uebermechs. :)

#7 Cebi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 263 posts

View PostOrgasmo, on 21 December 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Clans are supposed to be two centuries ahead, so of course they would be way more advanced. However for the sake of the game, there should be downside to using Clan Tech.

- They should double the price of what IS components cost at the minimum, triple ideally.
- You must pay repair and rearm cost, at double the rate R/R cost before it got removed from the game. A loss from a match and major destruction to your components should cost you around 200k. That will get you to play tactically, like Clan warriors.

It makes sense to do so both game balance-wise and lore-wise. Clan Tech were incredibly difficult to come across at the early point of the invasion, and the IS factions have little understanding of them.

So you only want premium players to be able to afford to run them. Pay to win much?

#8 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

I AM serious, no this isnt a troll

I dont want to see PGI butcher Clan tech

#9 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

And have the potential to malfunction or not work or only allow so much Clan tech to be able to be refit into an IS 'Mech.

#10 Orgasmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostCebi, on 21 December 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

So you only want premium players to be able to afford to run them. Pay to win much?

Any premium not careful with his Clan mech will incur massive C-bill loss at the end of the match. The only way to make a profit is to win with little damage to your components.

#11 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

If Clan Tech is used by players, then it should be exclusive to a Clan faction. Balancing IS vs Clan with team sizes would be A BIG HELP rather than just trying to balance weapons. 12 IS vs 10 Clan would almost fix the problem by itself. Then you've got better stuff, vs more people. Makes sense. If that isn't good enough(and it most likely won't be), then you could do edits to weapons or Mechs after that. But IS vs Clan would make the game a lot more fun too. I just don't want everyone in every game riding around in Clanner stuff, forgetting IS Mechs even exist. IS Houses vs Clan factions, that's the way to do it.

#12 Hania

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

The only way I can see clan tech coming into the game without being modified is if only clan mechs can mount them, atleast for now. That would mean the developers could implement balanced drops, whether that means IS vs. Clan in uneven odds or having Clan mechs appear along side IS mechs but only in the presence of other clan mechs of the same weight class.

Currently matchmaking is putting weight classes equally against each other, I don't see why it can't match clan mechs to clan mechs as well so both teams have as close to equal hardware as possible.

Edited by Hania, 21 December 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#13 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostHania, on 21 December 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

The only way I can see clan tech coming into the game without being modified is if only clan mechs can mount them, atleast for now. That would mean the developers could implement balanced drops, whether that means IS vs. Clan in uneven odds or having Clan mechs appear along side IS mechs but only in the presence of other clan mechs of the same weight class.

Currently matchmaking is putting weight classes equally against each other, I don't see why it can't match clan mechs to clan mechs as well so both teams have as close to equal hardware as possible.

It should be clan gets clan only for a while. I dont remember Clan tech showing up on IS mechs AS SOON as the clans invaded anyways. I could be wrong but it took them a while to adapt the technology they have to their tech. Plus, they were getting their ***** handed to them for a while there till Tukayyid

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 21 December 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#14 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Okay, well if you want Clantech to remain unmodified, the game has to let up somewhere else. Something has to counterbalance it.

To the Mods: I really wasn't sure if he was serious, I thought it was some sort of stealth sarcasm or something.

#15 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Cost shouldn't be used to balance clan tech, you get two scenarios. 1 is that it falls into the hands of premium players, so arguably becoming pay to win. 2nd, why have a mech you wouldn't be able to pilot because it cost so much to repair?

When clans launch a new player has to be able to have some chance of doing damage and getting kills in trial mechs. Not to get insta wiped out by clan stuff.

Giving mechs, weapons a value like BV, so teams can be balance. Yeah someone can bring a tanked up timberwolf, only to be swarmed by 3 lights they replaced.

#16 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Thus why we said 12(IS) vs 10(Clan). It already makes sense too because the Inner Sphere deploys its units in 4 Mech groups called Lances while the Clanners deploy in 5, calling them Stars. 4 x 3 = 12 vs 5 x 2 = 10. Alternately, 4 x 2 = 8 vs 5. This is also why the game is 8vs8. We're all Inner Sphere atm and it's 2 Lances per side. When 12vs12 arrives it'll simply be 3 Lances per side.

Edited by Bluten, 21 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#17 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Where's the option for "no"?

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Should be unmodified. Clan Tech is supposed to be unbalanced. However matches should be like 5v8.

1 star vs 2 lances is balanced in tabletop

Edited by Khobai, 21 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#19 Obelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, I don't want clan tech at all.

#20 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostRannos, on 21 December 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Where's the option for "no"?

in the other thread. Go there
http://mwomercs.com/...h-in-this-game/

there you go

View PostObelus, on 21 December 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Yeah, I don't want clan tech at all.

then youre plying the wrong game... sorry for your luck
You should have done some research on the IP before you bought in

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 21 December 2012 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users