Please Stop With All The Negativity! You Are Killing This Game!

240 replies to this topic

#181 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostAnton Shadd, on 16 January 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

You are right at some point but then i can just say, like others did for a thousandth time: its still a beta so wait for the final version. Betas are alway a bumpy ride. Was the same with Wow for instance and here you dont have a finance and personel giant like blizzard behind it to fix it instantly (and blizzard took its sweet time to release wow).

you are correct that it is still beta. The issue is that there are problems with the game that are continually failing to be addressed at the end of the day.

#182 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Postngl, on 15 January 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

@therest:

There you guys go again. You are still negative. Would you please explain to me how ECM and Lagshield is going to affect you? Just dont take ECM or any light mechs and you will be fine!

Hmm. lets see here. How does lagshield and ECM effect me? Im not sure. Maybe it is because the fast moving mechs are either no where near where I am shooting my direct fire weapons if they are moving smoothly on my screen up to s certain speed. Anything above that speed means that they are even further away from where I see them plus they are now not moving smoothly any more, but are now jumping randomly because the game cant keep up with the position updates. This is the lagshield only and means that my direct fire weapons will not hit or randomly hit if I aim at just the right distance ahead of the mech Im trying to hit.

Now. We have seen how lagshield affects me.. lets see what ECM does.... My lock-on weapons are now just about useless and I am not able to get target position info on the enemy or teammate mecs if Im outslde of the bubble which means that the direct fire weapons may or may not hit either an enemy or a teammate if they are in the middle of a brawl if Im not carefull.

Lets see what happens if we put an ECM on a lagshielded mech... I can not hit it with any weapon at all because my direct fire weapons will be missing by miles and my lock-on weapons are useless because I am not able to lock onto the mech either. The end effect of lagshield and ECM is that even though I cant hit them... they can easily hit me, thus taking me out not through individual skill or lack of skill... but by the game giving me optical ilusions to shoot at even though the LSD module has not been implemented.

#183 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostBerryChunks, on 16 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

The patch notes, which I QUOTED, state that these new modules are "help" vs ecm.. Why do you think people are 'getting this idea"?

A must for those LRM boats still feeling the pain from ECM does not mean that it's help vs. ecm. I suggest you practice some reading comprehension.

#184 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Sorry but I disagree. While I do see some negativity, the vast majority of comments are right on the money and are present for a reason - PGI not doing a good enough job on the game.

ECM has killed LRM boats, the Spider is a useless addition because of poor jumpjets, bad netcode.

SSRMS remain OP, its just a game of who has more ECM when you meet, the +1 ECM team gets the SSRM kills.

LRMS remain streak LRMS that are insane when they get locks, but have been relegated to suck by ECM as they are now direct fire Tagging weapons.

pre-ECM, 1.6 dmg LRMS the game was finally feeling good. In the past 5 weeks gameplay has gone downhill so much that I actually am getting closer to leaving this game after every patch.

Negative? Maybe.

Honest? Definitely.

As an avid gamer for 23 year, as a btech & mechwarrior junkie, this game is extremely subpar. right now mech2,mech3 and mech4 where all way better, and as I type this I consider reinstalling mech3/mech4 because I need to be reminded of whats a good mech game.

If the devs have abondoned the forums due to negativity or whatever lame excuse, then I say to the devs maybe it is time to re-evaluate what you are doing to this game.

As it stands now MWO is careening into Duke Nukem territory, and with the devs silence the past 5 weeks I have 2 expectations

1. a major patch in the pipes to bring back radar, fix ECM and make LRMS indirect fire & fun/useful again.

2. a new UI, chat lobbies and community warfare

3. tweaks to SSRMS so they are no longer godmode guns unless disabled by an ECM.

4. Jumpjets that are fun, DFA, collisions.

these are imho the 4 huge issues with the game right now, and I simply can no longer be positive when every single game I play devolves into the exact same direct fire brawlfest on every single map. I am seriously missing pre-ecm gameplay.

I now pilot 4-5 mechs, and all my other mechs are sidelined, where before I piloted all 16 of my mechs. This is literally because of what ECM has done to the game, and if gameplay stays as it is, I will leave this game and watch it die a horrible death.

If the devs can't take it, then they need to suck it up and take it like men, instead of hiding in the corner. The mech fans are angry, and for good reason.

As of right now my unit has 50 active members, but no more than 4-8 actually play the game, because they are so jaded by how downhill things are going.

#185 Perihelion Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

With all due respect to the people who come to these forums to voice their displeasure at the state of the game, kindly ****. I am sure the Devs are putting in crazy hours every week trying to make this the best possible game. The admittance that they rarely look at all of the trolling in the forums anymore should hardly be surprising to anyone. If I had a job where I had monumental tasks to complete with minimal time and resources, I would already be under enough stress. Raging neckbeards, gold-visioned fanboys, and know-it-all "game development experts" perpetually flaming me out with personal insults would be enough to make me quit trying altogether. Is the game finished? No. Is the game even that good right now? No, it isn't. Are the folks at PGI working to make the entire thing better? Yes, they are. These people are coding their a**es off, because their livelihoods DO actually depend on it.

If you don't like the game, don't play it. You are NOT entitled to a refund because you don't like it. Try buying ANY product, using the crap out of it for months, then return the item demanding to be reimbursed in full because you are bored with it. Now think about the same scenario, except you were given the product for FREE. As the owner of a retail business, I can honestly say that I would laugh at your face, then ask you to leave.

If we want the game to succeed, as a community we REALLY need to lighten up on the vitriol. We are doing far more damage to this franchise by consistently bashing an unfinished product, claiming that the sky is falling, and/or personally attacking the people trying to improve our experience.

Carrots have always worked far better than sticks.

#186 Tor Matthews

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

I hope it dies, it would only be fair considering what they did.

Wouldnt be much of a loss either, considering they had to silence a free mod because the amount of content in it's updates and sheer quality was outshining them.

#187 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

PGI is killing this game. We're not.

#188 SpajN

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

PGI is NOT killing the game, the community is.. i love the game but i dont know if i ever want to be involved in CW when its release seeing what kind of people play this game...

The CORE is there!! and whats wrong with the core is being worked on, after that the game will only get better and better. I a gamer since early 90's and i know a great game when i see one and this is a great game or atleast it will become great.

#189 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

It's way past the helpful amount. All of those serious about the game, please take time to formulate your posts in a "professional" manner.

#190 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

with forums comes negativity like any feedback module, it's to be expected and not taken oh so seriously like a journalist learning stuff from twitter is not to be taken seriously.

#191 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostAntony Weiner, on 16 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

It's way past the helpful amount. All of those serious about the game, please take time to formulate your posts in a "professional" manner.

We've been doing exactly that since last summer and it got us nowhere, so after roughly 6 months of trying to get the message across we pretty much realized the futility of that approach and stopped doing it.

#192 Mikhalio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Just wondering what is your definition of a professional view

- there are two classes of posts

1. Those which are emotional whines filled with rage and tears, often asking for something balanced to benefit you, or your weakness
2. Those which are backed by fact, or source of fact and have a clear agenda. The agenda has a statement of what merit the post has, and why it was posted, along with a witty repartee to ad homin attacks or if all else fails: SQUAWK.

which upsets you ?
Why are you upset ? Is it because you feel beholden to defend poor product execution ? Not clear why you are posting this.

#193 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

View Postder langsamere, on 16 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

edit: don't not wish you luck.

Fixed for negativity.

#194 Arkmaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

The funny thing is when I am in-game I hardly ever see negativity. Everybody seems to be having a great time, me included.

Come to the forums and you'd think PGI broke into people's houses and kicked their dog.

#195 Mikhalio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postder langsamere, on 16 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

looks like the long form of a "u mad bro?"

Yeah I changed the original obvious flamebait notation and decided to wish him luck with it instead

No, U mad bro implies I am trolling him.

I'm doing something better:

I'm asking him what high horse he feels entitled to comment on the "professionalism" of the forum, particularly to those who are writing the posts that are getting responses and/or the hard questions being addressed by the community and developers.

I suspect he really just wanted some luvin, which he has now been happily given. I now get my karma point for the day.

#196 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

The beta forums were never this bad. We had flaming and angry posts but we never resorted to outright slandering PGI. I don't like using these forums anymore and trust me, i've been around here since November 2011. The truth is with the blending of forums and the opened curtains, waves of people came in. And to be directly honest some posts contain incorrect information, where some pretty much show that the poster doesn't even play the game.

Sadly anyone who gives positive, constructive feedback should do it without the forums because they will give the effort to type out a clear and concise e-mail. Better than starting a post and having it ravaged by the common counter points of TT rules, Netcode, Premades, Founders, Lag, and other autonomous responses possibly made by people who don't even play the game.

Edit: To address a quote below

View PostIceSerpent, on 16 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

We've been doing exactly that since last summer and it got us nowhere, so after roughly 6 months of trying to get the message across we pretty much realized the futility of that approach and stopped doing it.

I want you to go back to the beginning when HBK's ran around boating lasers with half armour. Battles could end in seconds. The economy system flopped from vast amounts of money to nil.
The grind is not that bad. I can earn 100k without using a founder's mech, I have not even turned on premium time. Battles often last a solid 7-10 minutes, especially if you count conquest. And doubled armour didn't make me invincible.

PGI has messed on the account of things like Netcode but they do take our feedback. Collision was broken, they took it out so they could fix it. Would you rather run into a spider and have it get up 90m behind you?

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 16 January 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#197 Stone Profit

• Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

View Postder langsamere, on 16 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

looks like the long form of a "u mad bro?"

Yeah I changed the original obvious flamebait notation and decided to wish him luck with it instead

Thats what you do when you know what you're talking about as opposed to being a dbag. You define your terms so you can figure out the correct answer. try going to a debate. Thats how they work.

#198 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 16 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Do you REALLY think the devs keep an open mind when the ready negative or rude comments? And I've been around the forums awhile myself.

Seriously guys, feedback is one thing , but all the "I'm going to take my money and leave comments" do nothing but make everyone angry.

(And yes,I've made negative comments in the past....and I regret them)

What we need here, is for them to fix the outstanding issues, and then move on with really great new content. So you can complain about everything, and continue providing further distraction...or be patient and let them fix problems...

I for one want to see Lag Shield fixed for good. Then we can have knockdowns back, and Light mechs won't be running around with impunity. Then how about Phase III matchmaking....and maybe ECM will get balanced a bit better. Once that is done, I suspect we'll see more content...Trebby in Febuary, along with 1 or two maps right? Stuff is coming. Keep it upbeat.

But they have to start with a good foundation. I'd really like to see this game make it long term, and not just fill somebodies need for immediate gratification until something else shiny catches their eye.

#199 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

plus one thread keep going, instead of just you know playing the game

#200 Ptom

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

It's simple really.

People usually come to the forums to vent about some negative experience. They want their voice to be heard.

Thats how it has always been for all games, and its in human nature. When you are happy with the game, you don't feel the need to visit the forums at all.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users