I Give Pgi One More Pach To Just Comment On The Ecm Or I Boycot This Game. Are You In With Me?

165 replies to this topic

Poll: Boycot (374 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you participate in this?

1. Yes (67 votes [17.91%])

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

2. No (307 votes [82.09%])

Percentage of vote: 82.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Posttwibs, on 15 January 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Thank you. Somebody understands my frustration.

if only you understood how little you understand lol

#82 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I will not boycott, because PGI needs the data. Instead I will be trolling with my ECM mechs, hopefully I will run into some of these guys. I will not be spending anymore money.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 15 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#83 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

if poll fails will it delete itself?

#84 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Postrandom51, on 15 January 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

You just want them to comment? Hopefully they say something like, "stop crying about ECM". That would be a comment.

Yes it would, it would be the most direct communication we've had on the subject, and would probably be the proverbial straw for many.

So if that is there stance, i would very much appreciate the open communication.

#85 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 15 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

if poll fails will it delete itself?

I never expected to have more than 25% of support.

Tell me how can the poll fail?

#86 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

View Posttwibs, on 15 January 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I never expected to have more than 25% of support.

Tell me how can the poll fail?

if i dont comment will you leave?

#87 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

It's quite typical of a F2P publisher to have next to zero communication with their fanbase, picking and choosing very specific things to actually comment on and address.

This is one of those typical F2P publishers.

Of the dozens of companies I've seen, many of which I've had to send support tickets in, I have seen exactly one company that actually communicates with it's fanbase on a regular basis (And even directly on their forums, posting in them and actually speaking directly with people), with a reasonably well-run support system that actually addressed and solved my problem, rather than reading the first four words, guessing what the ticket was about and then giving me a pre-written response that had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Now, in PGI's defense I haven't had to contact support with them so I can't comment on that. Had no real issues with the game beyond it being inherently broken, and that's not something a support ticket can fix. Everything else on the other hand... Pretty much a typical F2P publisher, where monthly profits are the only thing that actually matters.

#88 mullet steve

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationPotters Bar, Hertfordshire, UK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostAudd, on 15 January 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Not to call you out, but I haven't really ever seen any cogent count-arguments why the current state of ECM is fine. I've heard people describe how to cope with it, but nothing that really ever lays out why it is good in its current form.

I would love to see a logical, well laid out argument FOR ECM as it is currently, and rebuttals toward the points raised against its current incarnation. I'd pay to see the same post, but devoid of the name calling, elitism, superfluous use of anecdotal data and logical fallacies that abound in forum posts.

It's your luck day ;). I have no problem what so ever with ECM, I don't love it but I do not hate it, It may be a little cheap for it's usefulness but it makes sence from a logical standpoint,

ECM: it's a jamming signal and a jamming signal that only masked one mech would be like trying to hide behind a signal flare in a dark room (effective but dumb) so it jams an area producing a bubble where it is difficult/impossible to get target lock...

It counters Tag within short range (180 Meters I think someone mentioned) this dosen't make much sence as I understand target painting (form my understanding to paint a target for missile lock people usualy use some sort of laser? the missiles then read this laser and Kaboom) since the emitter of the Tag beam is not broadcasting the information the distance to target should have no effect.... So I give in on that point.

It has stopped LRM boats spamming everyone to death, It has stopped the streak cats to an extent and it has encouraged the use of direct fire weapons such as Lasers and Balistics.

ECM it's not the DEVIL... I quite like it really....

#89 Stone Profit

• Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostProtoculture, on 15 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

They actually seem to prefer to communicate far more outside of their own website. Someone linked a reddit thread the other day and I listened to the No Guts No Galaxy podcast earlier today and found out more about what the devs think and are doing/not doing than I have ever seen here.

To sum up what I posted in another thread, they love ecm, love lights, hate assaults, and are still perpetuating the myth of some kind of amazing community warfare while refusing to answer Ask the Dev questions about it.

Are you surprised? No matter what the devs do this forum is a place full of hate and disparagement. I wouldnt come here and listen to all the insults and rudeness thrown about by the vast majority of forum members if I were a dev.

View PostProtoculture, on 15 January 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

They actually seem to prefer to communicate far more outside of their own website. Someone linked a reddit thread the other day and I listened to the No Guts No Galaxy podcast earlier today and found out more about what the devs think and are doing/not doing than I have ever seen here.

To sum up what I posted in another thread, they love ecm, love lights, hate assaults, and are still perpetuating the myth of some kind of amazing community warfare while refusing to answer Ask the Dev questions about it.

Are you surprised? No matter what the devs do this forum is a place full of hate and disparagement. I wouldnt come here and listen to all the insults and rudeness thrown about by the vast majority of forum members if I were a dev.

#90 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostStone Profit, on 15 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

The forums can get raucous and whiny, true, but I've seen far worse.

And frankly, putting up with some forum trolls is probably better in the long term than going into an echo chamber of professional sycophants and people who are completely ignorant of how your game plays, write the people who do understand it off as a "vocal minority" and make decisions that run your game into the ground in the process...

Posted Image

#91 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Adapt and adjust in the meantime or is that too difficult.

#92 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostXmith, on 15 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Adapt and adjust in the meantime or is that too difficult.

Nope using a Craven is EZmode. ;)

#93 Failcube

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Threatening boycott based on patch releases in the BETA? This post is hardcore trolling.

Leave and comeback when it's out of beta, or just leave and don't come back. Please stop posting either way.

Geesh. Some people are so arrogant and narrow-minded.

#94 MajorLeeHung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMerced, CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostsiLve00, on 15 January 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

i dont care about you.... serious ECM is fine...

The netcode is the problem.

netcode is bad but ecm is NOT fine. It wont be FINE till its no longer doing the job of three separate pieces of equipment (one of which isnt even available in 3050!!) for NO DRAWBACK. If you cant admit to yourself that ecm is too good then you should be working for PGI. Cus they obviously live in their own fantasy land. Just saying...

#95 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostFailcube, on 15 January 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Geesh. Some people are so arrogant and narrow-minded.

Yes, asking definitive answer to a question that has been boggling the mind of at least half the population of the forums for several months is totally arrogant and narrow-minded.

#96 pencilboom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

such an immature act

#97 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

View Postrandom51, on 15 January 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

You just want them to comment? Hopefully they say something like, "stop crying about ECM". That would be a comment.

I'd much rather they gave us an announcement that they're tweaking ECM to be in line with its original TT functionality, and admit that the current iteration of ECM is horribly broken. OK, maybe I don't care too much about the second part, but changing ECM to be more like... ECM is an implicit admission of an egregious error.

#98 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Honestly the only thing bugging me about ECM is that all the ECM mechs I see are also streak heavy too, except the atlas which is badass regardless and I can handle getting scrapped by with or without ECM and the Cicada.. which i dont see much anyway

#99 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

ECM never bugged me, I don't use lock on missiles and don't depend on the lock on's, there's a reason why you have other types to hardpoints to back you up incase one weapon fails.

#100 sumo88

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I dont really get your issue with ECM. Seems to work as intended. If ECM bothers you dont run a mech with missles. If you think ECM is OP then run only ECM mechs. I think the proof is in the pudding here: games arent being played with soley ECM mechs. I only run my ECM mechs about 20% of the time. When I run a missle boat I get plenty of kill opportunities (at least un public games). They have advantages but so do other mechs and other builds. If really aint cool to try to hold the devs hostage to your whims by threatening boycott of a game that's still in BETA.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users