Piranah You Really Should Stop The Pr Rubbish And Start Talking To Us.

89 replies to this topic

#61 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostJSparrowist, on 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'll say this again..

To everyone who bothers to post about people QQ'ing.. well, I hate to inform you, but you're crying about them crying. That makes you no better than them or perhaps even worse because you should be able to realize that you're crying too.

Now here I am crying about you crying about them crying. It's a vicious circle. Lets end it already. People are going to continue to cry about PGI ******* up time and time again so get used to it. Crying about them crying is nothing but crying. It doesn't stop them and never will.

Gah, now you have me crying too.. *******..

Wrong, by not stating what i believe is true, it makes it look like i agree with this n00b's QQ'ing...when in fact i do not at all....his feelings couldn't be any farther from the truth...i don't really care how you think...and where there is QQ...i will ALWAYS be the anti QQ...don't like it?....put me on ignore

#62 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure there will always be people that "suffer" from a patch, in one way or another. But I never see any company releasing a statement like "We had a beautiful patch last friday, though for some people the game is now f'd up."

That actually made me laugh, I can almost picture Garth or Paul posting something like this. Companies generally always try to keep a cheery upbeat attitude in press releases and the like and focus on the positives, to not do so would just be stupid. Patch days are always bad for a handful of people and do more harm than good. Even if you take a massive company like Blizzard that prides itself on only releasing patches and content when it's completely done, they still release patches that are buggy and break the game for a small minority of players.

As far as the netcode fixes and ECM problems, PGI has already commented on this, netcode is ongoing and will take time and is very high priority for them and they are still working on ECM right now they are gathering data to figure out the problem and come up with a fix. I do understand the OPs point, SWTOR did have a problem, they actually ignored a lot of what the community told them, PGI isn't doing this. They simply can't comment on every forum post, this doesn't mean that they are ignoring us simply that they are busy actually trying to work on this game. They also can't fix every problem overnight.

Remember that the people making new content like mechs are not the same people that fix netcode, they are two separate issues. I think that some people think that PGI is just Paul typing on a computer trying to fix netcode until Russ tells him to stop trying to make the game work and release more mechs for a cash grab, muahahahaha. Big software companies don't and can't work like this.

#63 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostSerapth, on 19 January 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I actually think the Raven should be pulled from the game until fixed. It's as close to an exploitable bug as any ive ever seen in a game. True, it will **** a few people off, but the majority will be happier for it.

Yeah - it's a bit much when it dominates the battlefield like it does. Somethings off with it.

#64 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostSerapth, on 19 January 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

It was more a matter of what they were talking about... the last month hasn't been their shining hour, ESPECIALLY when it comes to ECM. Again though, communications have improved a great deal, so I am hoping this will be the new norm.

I actually think the Raven should be pulled from the game until fixed. It's as close to an exploitable bug as any ive ever seen in a game. True, it will **** a few people off, but the majority will be happier for it.

When will all of you realize it is not the Raven, it is the bad netcode and ping? As long as those are fixed, the Raven will become easily cooked by lasers.

#65 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yeah! The devs should work less on fixing the game and adding new content, and waste more time on the forums, reading whiny posts.

#66 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostLoneUnknown, on 19 January 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Civil discourse does not garner a response either.

Blame the irate consumers all you want, but the truth is that this company has always done a poor job with communication... even all the way back in early closed beta.

Don't know what games you've played but seeing a new dev post every couple of days is way more communication than I've seen in nearly all the betas and live release games I'v played. People just label it as bad communication because it's not what they want to hear. Heck on the ECM issue they made statements about waiting for a while before balancing the ECM and were accused of not saying anything on the subject. It has been awhile so they now can speak on the subject without just blowing smoke.

#67 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostMWHawke, on 19 January 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

When will all of you realize it is not the Raven, it is the bad netcode and ping? As long as those are fixed, the Raven will become easily cooked by lasers.

Of course it's the netcode. The only reason the Raven dominates so much is because it's so bloody hard to hit with lasers because of the netcode and because the standby option of using streaks against them is negated by PGI's rather eccentric decision to put ECM on so many light mechs.

Edited by RocketDog, 19 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#68 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostReverend, on 19 January 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Can we close this thread mods? Really its just trying to start a conflict and well.. Mack is just a guy that makes horrible youtube videos whining about getting "pubstomped" and crying on these forums.

lol I didn't realize that this was the guy that made the weak youtube videos. Mack you cry better/more in those videos than most twelve year old girls.

Edited by Vernius Ix, 19 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#69 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostVernius Ix, on 19 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

lol I didn't realize that this was the guy that made the weak youtube videos. Mack you cry better more in those videos than most twelve year old girls.

+1

#70 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Closing for now . Looks like I have a lot of documentation for later .

Ill just cite numerous CoC violations and going off topic for now. Hopefully I will be able open this again later .

Cheers.

Edit: Aaaaaand we're back. I'm sure there will be a few more REPORTs filed on other posts in this thread, however, I think we can resume the discussion.

Gentlemen and Ladies PLEASE use these forums for discussion and constructive criticism. Insults or emotionally charged posts are not needed to get your point across. Please respect the original poster and keep this thread on topic.

Edited by Helmer, 20 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#71 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostReverend, on 19 January 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Can we close this thread mods? Really its just trying to start a conflict and well.. Mack is just a guy that makes horrible youtube videos whining about getting "pubstomped" and crying on these forums.

Really, you sound very bitter. I have made a total of 15 MWO videos, 3 of them are rants about very important issues, the rest are guides for new players such as how to make firing chains, builds for various Mechs and some funny videos to showcase this game. I have introduced thousands of people to this game and in return have a very good standing with most of the MWO players.

What have you done for MWO?

#72 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Feedback is essential, especially in Beta and the best place to get it is on the forums, not on a podcast or twitch TV. The thing is as this thread clearly shows there are a percentage of people that you literally have to just ignore. That does not not mean you should stop posting your communications to the customers, you just have to get past the trolls.

People that say "You are QQing" are generally the people who have no backbone in life, they are always the people that get ripped off by scammers or traders, it's because they associate a complaint as a whine so they never complain about anything in their lives. It's generally the younger generations who are brought through the education system with all the PC rubbish, well my message to them is simple, complaining is not whining, it's standing up for what you believe and it is a sign of maturity and boldness.

Back on subject, developing a game is not just about programming and bug fixing, it's all about engaging your customers, finding out what is wrong and then adding a priority list of things to fix. If you don't talk, how can you ever hope to have a successful game? I would therefore put forum communication by developers top of the priority list and I am happy that they now seem to be talking.

When you have a solution to our most hated problems, when you have a feature that we really want, when you unleash the Mechs we are craving then hit us with all the PR you can muster, enhance what you have with song and dance, hype it all up and we will dance and lap it up, that is how you do PR.

#73 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

The logic, it kills me:

Dev's don't seem to have time to answer my every question and drop every fix needed in every patch, therefore they're not talking to us?

-Different dev teams work on different aspects. (Artists, Front end, netcode, etc..) They will work at different speeds because they're different tasks. Some things are going to take longer, and adding another dev flame thread isn't going to improve the rate of programming..
-Nobody in their right mind is going to introduce a patch "Oh.. yeah *yawn* heres the latest update.. hope you enjoy."

My personal (anti)favorite: when people whine and complain for about 10 pages and then a dev finally gets around to it a few days later and they act like all their hard work has gotten them a response.. (when many other non-whiny threads get responses too..)

So yeah.. keep the cycle of stupid spinning.. it certainly helps the game.

#74 Kenach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostKenach, on 20 January 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Here is the answer i got after sending a positive PM to a pgi staff member (3 days ago) :

Posted Image

#75 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

They keep saying that nothing is in stone and that is the reason they are not telling us about them... But shouldn't they tell us about what they want to do, so that we can give our input as to whether we believe them to be viable?

#76 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostVernius Ix, on 19 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

lol I didn't realize that this was the guy that made the weak youtube videos. Mack you cry better/more in those videos than most twelve year old girls.

You should feel ashamed and leave these forums. Not that anyone would notice your departure though, you are insignificant.

#77 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

lol you know? Seeing all this is really very amusing indeed. But really, I am just freakin glad to be back in a mech (waited over a decade to do so)...enjoy people,give it time. With MW:LL gone..what do we have left?
This is all we got, support it!!

Edited by LordRush, 20 January 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#78 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostKanaric, on 19 January 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

the only mistake bioware made with swtor was making an incomplete version of WoW

selling their 4$$es to EA in the first place was the mistake... if bioware could as they wanted, they would have done a compeletely different game...for EA that was too risky, they wanted a "game that can compete with the primus" so to say... but as BioWare stated, they "needed the financial backup of a major company"...

luckily PGI didn´t walk that way... it may take longer and much more hard work now, but at least they don´t get dictated by some major...

and for the "great patch" thingy... i can understand that they are proud of every single finished content and patch they get online... another step on a long way to go... in 2 month´s, the ECM spider will be "just another pixel in the big picture", and people will have some other new things to QQ about...

and in a year, all the stuff from yesterday will be forgotten, and even the clans will most likely be "just content" by then... i am curious what QQ-topic number one will be in january 2014

Edited by Alex Warden, 20 January 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#79 Kenach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostDukarriope, on 20 January 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

They keep saying that nothing is in stone and that is the reason they are not telling us about them... But shouldn't they tell us about what they want to do, so that we can give our input as to whether we believe them to be viable?

They're not going to brainstorm on the forums ... be patient, and if you're bored with the game just go play something else and come back when you're feeling better. Just my opinion though.

#80 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostDukarriope, on 20 January 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

there is a rough roadmap of what they have on the plate in the command chair and in the devs section in general... and if they have some hard facts for us, they tell us...seems good to me... they even post which balance issues they look into, which problems have been nearly solved (wepons, heat, performance and many many more) or are nearly finished, and the estimate of the patch which wil bring those changes... there IS alot of info aroudn, constantly updated... what else do people want here? know what they WILL be working on in 6 month´s? even PGI doesn´t know

maybe PGI should set up some webcams, so we can watch them 24/7 and always when they take a coffeebreak we can start a "i want me moneez back" thread

Edited by Alex Warden, 20 January 2013 - 05:22 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users