#21 SGT_Stubby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostAdridos, on 26 May 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

You do realise that you're talking about a MMO game that outlasts WoW and will be aroiund here way longer after WoW shuts down...

The game's unique and not very action friendly, but that doesn't make it a bad game. ;)

I wasn't saying that it was a bad game. I was sharing my experience with it. I really liked it and its why i kept going back and playing. I just decided after trying 0.0 again that i was done playing. I don't know, maybe I just haven't found my niche. I have tried a little bit of everything too. from piloting a providence / charon and doing trade runs to mining or taking my Tengu out for some T3s.

My character has only about 40M SP even having been created in 2004. (battleclinic states that i should have upwards of 94M lol)
http://eve.battlecli...me=Aldrai#kills <-- that be me.

#22 IRaigothI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 26 May 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

tried eve, was too much spread ****, not enough skill, everyones a munchkin game.

seriously, uber resist tank/self heal, and no skill involved in shooting, bleh, boring.

No skill...involved...in shooting...right
Cycling your guns, keeping them full of ammo so you dont run out in the middle of the fight, choosing the right ammo type to get through the weakest resists, and doing all of this before the enemy ends up doing it first.
No skill involved at all!

View PostAldrai Sedai, on 26 May 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

I wasn't saying that it was a bad game. I was sharing my experience with it. I really liked it and its why i kept going back and playing. I just decided after trying 0.0 again that i was done playing. I don't know, maybe I just haven't found my niche. I have tried a little bit of everything too. from piloting a providence / charon and doing trade runs to mining or taking my Tengu out for some T3s.

My character has only about 40M SP even having been created in 2004. (battleclinic states that i should have upwards of 94M lol)
http://eve.battlecli...me=Aldrai#kills <-- that be me.

Im in the same boat on battleclinic ;)
I could pilot an Archon, Revelation, Aeon, and hulk, all with only 45 mil SP, as well as being able to tank, and use T2 guns.
Was quite fun.

Edited by xXKrogothXx, 26 May 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#23 Dalmont

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

God to love people who just mine moaning about the game ;)

SOOOO many other ways of making money, enjoying yourself, but they erquire imagination which some people lack or don't want to think about while gaming to be honest.

I've been playing for 8 years and still learning new things every day.

#24 IRaigothI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostDalmont, on 26 May 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

God to love people who just mine moaning about the game ;)

SOOOO many other ways of making money, enjoying yourself, but they erquire imagination which some people lack or don't want to think about while gaming to be honest.

I've been playing for 8 years and still learning new things every day.

Thats the beauty of the game, its hard to explain, other than its life out of life.

#25 Xaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationFlorida-ish

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

I played EVE for about 2.5 years total, scattered about from release until this last fall.

Hell fun. Love the freedom, and the PVP-on defaults. I like that it is difficult. The economy is awesome.

That said, I keep quitting when dumb **** loses me a pile of credits and, as a result, time.

Or, when the player-run corps basically want me to sign up for s second full-time job just to run for them.

The last time, I had a billion-credit Navy Raven tricked to the balls shot out from under my feet by NPCs that chain jammed, scrammed, and jump-blocked. It took them half an hour, but in that time I couldn't run and fired back a whopping 8 times. Total.

Gave everything away and deleted.

Edited by Xaks, 26 May 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#26 AndrewRall

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postesg, on 26 May 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

OMG, for the last year i was in Unseen Nomads / Exiled Ones Alliance, we have + with Narwhals, and made few runs together:D

Cheers to you then. Maybe we'll see each other around here as well.

#27 Biomesh

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCave Creek, AZ

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Also a Eve player. Have been for a very long time. Hope to get in on the start here and be a long time Mech pilot as well.

Currently beta testing for another game right now and waiting very patiently for my beta invite to Dust 514 as well.....

#28 Gets

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

beep beep imma truck

#29 Togg Bott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKansas City Mo.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Aye... i too play EvE. just restarted my sub after about a1.5 year vacation.

this is me http://eve.battlecli...Togg+Bott#stats

#30 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostWolftap, on 26 May 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

I was hoping that MWO would be formatted similarly to Eve online. Or, I would love a merger of the two! A whole new type of MMO, where space, and dirt coexist in one bad *** MMO

Actually, this is happening. CCP is making a little (free-to-play) first person shooter called DUST 514 that will hook into EVE Online. And when I say "hook in to" I mean that (to my understanding) the economy will be unified with EVE's, DUST player groups will be able to join EVE alliances, and ships in planetary orbit will be able to conduct space-to-surface strikes on DUST maps, as demonstrated at this year's EVE FanFest.

The full DUST 514 keynote from FanFest 2012 can be found over yonder.

Only bad thing I can say about what I've seen so far is that it will, at least at first, only be on PS3.

Edited by Hardcover, 27 May 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#31 Cur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Started playing about 3 years back.

Got bored after about 6mths.

Quit for about a year

Started playing again, lasted about 6mths, same thing, got bored, left.

Started playing about 6mths later, get realy pissed as the game still hasnt changed much despite all the advertising that said otherwise.

then the "Greed is Good" memo is leaked.

I quit again.

About another 6mths down the track i sign up again, giving CCP one last chance. I decide to sell my 3 origional characters and pickup a mothership pilot, complete with mothership, to try a new side of gameplay.

Learnt yet again, both CCP and the players kill the game. CCP by doing nothing at all to improve the game, the 0.0 isk sink and sov issues are still rampant. Highsec is still full of little worker ants. And the 0.0 corps are still too **** scared to attack anything that may seem an even match for fear of loosing their shinys.

Gave everything to a mate so he could get his titan. Quit again. Still have an acc pending a Dust 514 beta. But from what i hear abuot that, the graphics are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo toned down to compared to what they have in the trailer, and theres still no keyboard and mouse support, so i think i'll stop hoping for anything that CCP makes to actualy be good and move on...

Meanwhile... in Day Z... all hell is breaking loose!

Started playing about 3 years back.

Got bored after about 6mths.

Quit for about a year

Started playing again, lasted about 6mths, same thing, got bored, left.

Started playing about 6mths later, get realy pissed as the game still hasnt changed much despite all the advertising that said otherwise.

then the "Greed is Good" memo is leaked.

I quit again.

About another 6mths down the track i sign up again, giving CCP one last chance. I decide to sell my 3 origional characters and pickup a mothership pilot, complete with mothership, to try a new side of gameplay.

Learnt yet again, both CCP and the players kill the game. CCP by doing nothing at all to improve the game, the 0.0 isk sink and sov issues are still rampant. Highsec is still full of little worker ants. And the 0.0 corps are still too **** scared to attack anything that may seem an even match for fear of loosing their shinys.

Gave everything to a mate so he could get his titan. Quit again. Still have an acc pending a Dust 514 beta. But from what i hear abuot that, the graphics are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo toned down to compared to what they have in the trailer, and theres still no keyboard and mouse support, so i think i'll stop hoping for anything that CCP makes to actualy be good and move on...

Meanwhile... in Day Z... all hell is breaking loose!

#32 Cur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostxXKrogothXx, on 26 May 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

No skill...involved...in shooting...right
Cycling your guns, keeping them full of ammo so you dont run out in the middle of the fight, choosing the right ammo type to get through the weakest resists, and doing all of this before the enemy ends up doing it first.
No skill involved at all!

You tried realy realy hard there to make the game sound good.

You do realise all those clowns playing any kind of first person shooter does everything that you just stated, bar the fact they have to aim for themselves and cant just double click to move in a direciton, they have to do it all on the fly.

:P :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good try tho. Just admit the game is an rotting onion and move on :D

#33 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostCur, on 27 May 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

You tried realy realy hard there to make the game sound good.

You do realise all those clowns playing any kind of first person shooter does everything that you just stated, bar the fact they have to aim for themselves and cant just double click to move in a direciton, they have to do it all on the fly.

The combat is centered around tactic, not how you do it. Leadership is a must, unlike in "Look at me, I'm a RAMBO, ratatatatattatatatatatatattatatat-dakadakadakadakadakadakadakadaka-killstreak, so cooooool!"

#34 Magus2

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

been playing for almost 7 yrs now heh, not nearly as longas i've played mech though XD

#35 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

I played eve online, until I realized it was about changing skills then logging off to play something else.

#36 Crowwe

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

Started Eve in Beta 4 back in December 2002....quit for about a year in 05, and just cancelled my account in March 2012.......it had it's good moments.....

Edited by Crowwe, 27 May 2012 - 03:40 AM.

#37 Magus2

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

u were doing it wrong then

#38 Cur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostAdridos, on 27 May 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

The combat is centered around tactic, not how you do it. Leadership is a must, unlike in "Look at me, I'm a RAMBO, ratatatatattatatatatatatattatatat-dakadakadakadakadakadakadakadaka-killstreak, so cooooool!"

Primary the logi

Primary the ewar

then go thru the dps in alphabetical order

have a titan rdy 2 hotdrop ur allies in when appliccable

it all depends on how well ur guys are at locking the target that was called, as you know what the enemy ship fits are from your spies & they know what ur in from their spies

it all comes down to how good your guys are at being obedient, and brainless. All your to do is click lock, click alpha, do nothing other than wait for the next target to be called, as your following an anchor. Your told to bring this ship fitted with these things, which penalises players for their choice of skill training (IE Caldari trained up with missiles and rails expected to fly an Abbaddon laser boat, or a Tornado arty boat)

Diversity and interesting tactics are a nil in the big boy's 0.0 club.

The only people with half an ounce of skill in these fights are the Logi pilots.

Spies are purely people disgrunted with their current leadership, looking to get to the other side of the fence where the grass is greener, or simply get back at their current leadership over some childish disagreement.

Eve is moreso about two big groups of people that all have their wangs out with a big ruler. after they measure everyones, add up the totals, the side with the biggest # wins.

And the saddest thing is, thats where all the glory and rewards are to be found, out in 0.0, with the blobfests. You could train monkeys that would be better pilots than some of the people currently playing.

The only real skill in eve lies with good Scouts, and probing.

The only real skill and thrill in eve's combat comes from way small scale dogfights from the unheard of corporations and people.

Hell, the industry mogul's that play the market game, or manufacture T2 tech from purely buying all the mats and using a POS use more brainpower and skill than the 99% of your 0.0 big fleet battles! heh!

#39 Lettuce Prey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationRedwood Forest Humboldt County California - in other words i live out in the woods

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

when eve first went public out of beta i started playing.
played for a while and got a second account for an alt that i grew attached to.

played for years, then got interested in RL in a way that consumed all of my discretionary time for a few years.
i finally took my many friends advice and kicked her and her drug habit out of my house and went back to eve.

played for a while and saw things had changed from the good old days where there were still asteroid belts in jita.
i had built a one person corp that had 15 offices rented around the map just to organize my hanger space easier.
it got to be a job to keep track of things and letting other people into the corp, MY corp, just wasn't what i wanted to do.

so i let it all go.
it was something that i was really into for a while, sometimes sitting at the keyboard through two maintenance cycles of the server.

i still get email from people from the game, and i still go back to a web site for the only corp i joined that wasn't mine alone.
it's been years since i took CCP up on their "come back for some free time" offers i still get in email.

great game and i have not seen anything close to the open sandbox concept done so well, except maybe for minecraft.

so these days i'm playing LOTRO and sometimes WOT.

i'm looking forward to sending my $60 somewhere to get on the elite list, even if i don't get into beta.

i was in beta for world of tanks and got the "easy 4" tank as a reward for that.
i see now the easy 4 is one of the premium tanks that anyone can buy.

wonder if that will happen to the elite mech that we get for buying "ELITE Founder's Package"?

oh well, i just want in.

#40 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

Been playing on and off in last 2 years ever since I quit playing MW4.
Good game, just hard for me to find time to grind isk to buy shinies. Each time I got busy in RL, then Eve got neglected and my iskies went down and I had to limit my pvp. Tried 0.0, fun, joined CVA alliance down in providence, was fun but had to quit due to RL. Then tried wormhole , fun as well, but RL got busy again, almost no time to run sites, so ended up back in high sec, where I lurk around these days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users