what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#261 Ranibito

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

matching by level. i play wot every once in a while and i dont like how it chooses your match based on your teir of tank, you should be placed with people of your skill as well as teir of tank, and this is the same. matches shoudl be based on skill and mech not just mech or just skill. im not the best player in the world (although im far from terrible like the people who charge headfirst into whatever they see without thought) but i hate it when i get a match and im placed agiasnt people who are argueably professional gamers. im just not that good and getting stuck with that ruins many games for me. although ill never let you kill me without one hell of a fight i dont want to jump in and be killed by players whos skill at the game or gaming in general is astronomical compaired to mine, i want to have more even odds not 90% chance they kill me without effort

#262 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 27 May 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

No sir. TT Canon > Novel Fluff. The novel writers couldn't even agree on hues for lasers, for Pete's sake! (/ShamelessSelfPromotion)

This is what im talking about. :huh:
Actually, what i thought they couldn't agree on is that the lasers were supposed to be invisible. Hey, TT doesn't even have a story of its own, even though it is the best board game out there, it still gets the story from books that no one ever reads,

Edited by Chunkymonkey, 27 May 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#263 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 27 May 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Hey, TT doesn't even have a story of its own.

Source books give histories. That's kinda like a story, right? =P

#264 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I really hate the Automatic match making system games are using. I want to be able to have a preference of choosing which match i play in & what company im fighting in. Other words i want a little control on which servers i join in. I dont care for skill or exp based statistics like halo reach uses.

Either have 2 options. Quick play or Search servers !! Or like search planets to invade that are currently defended

#265 n00n3r

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

there are two things I never, NEVER, want to see in this game.

An Activision or EA logo.

#266 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Well, i dont wanna sound trollish or anything, BUT, Activision IIRC first brought us a Battletech based computer game in the form of MW2, so, they have my infinite respect for that, as for EA, they make good sports games, but, kinda miss hard with war type games imho.

#267 WalkingDeathBot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLooking for Paul so as to troll him

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostXenois Shalashaska, on 27 May 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

I really hate the Automatic match making system games are using. I want to be able to have a preference of choosing which match i play in & what company im fighting in. Other words i want a little control on which servers i join in. I dont care for skill or exp based statistics like halo reach uses.

Either have 2 options. Quick play or Search servers !! Or like search planets to invade that are currently defended

I don't mind choices, but I have very little time to game so when I sit down I like being able to be in a match relatively instantly.

#268 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 27 May 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

lets remove your cars radiator, your air cons heat exchanger. Coolant Flush is, as much as yall coolant flush haters hate to admit, is part of canon, in the form of Coolant Pods. This is a valid and viable mechanic, just as is legging, head shotting, and so on. No one says you gotta use it. and saying ballistics get a free reload is even more stupid than the rage against coolant flush.

As a self confessed energy boater, I can see how every thread that brings this subject up is important to you as you want your 'make the heat go away' button after you run it up, but where did I say anything as stupid as remove any of the things you listed. The coolant flush is simply the term used in MW3 and MW4 to magically make your heat dissapear after you overload on lasers and PPCs. In fact HEAT SINKS are what get rid of your mechs heat, which if your not smart enough to add enough, then yes you overheat and die. I didn't bring up legging or head shots so please do not try to put words in my mouth as you do a very bad job. The remark to a free ammo reload was SARCASM on my part, since you evidently want to introduce a game mechanic that removes the one drawback to energy weapons, HEAT, so I was sarcastically making that remark about removing the drawback of ballistic weapons, namely AMMO. And it doesn't matter if I want to use it or not, if someone like you can use it against me to reward you for poorly designing your mech in the mechlab. If your in a fight, and are on the verge of overheating and an enemy is closing in (that evidently is not suffering this problem due to a better mech setup) then you deserve to die because you went weapon heavy without adding enough heat sinks to take the load. I do not believe a system to reward players for poorly setting up their mech should be added to the game, nor be available to other players to use against me so they can alpha strike with lasers and PPCs and make the heat go away with a magic button push. Even the coolant pods, the ONLY mention of any system like this in the BT universe, doesn't make heat disappear, it just makes your heat sinks work better for a short period of time, and you pay for it in payload space and internal space taken up, plus the chance for an internal explosion from it. If they want to include that, I'm fine with it, just not with an 'instacool' button so that you don't have to pay for that 3 or 4 PPC strike. If you don't like high heat, learn to manage it, instead of wishing it away.

#269 Buck Angel

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

I dont want to see MWO play like MW4 but more of the way of MW3 when it comes to targeting

#270 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostBuck Angel, on 28 May 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

I dont want to see MWO play like MW4 but more of the way of MW3 when it comes to targeting

in ANY way...mw4 was funny okay...but mw3 used all the TT duelrules and that, mw4 ignored EVERYTHING, rules and canon :huh:

#271 Todtstelzer

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDuisburg,NRW,Germany,Terra

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

I don't want to see canon names used by players...

#272 Ian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

I'd like a game that plays in a way as to reasonably simulate the game it is based on. Jump sniping is fine as long as you have to be really good and or lucky to pull it off. Weapons that are so accurate that they all hit the same spot on a mech while either target or firer is moving is BAD.

lets remove your cars radiator, your air cons heat exchanger. Coolant Flush is, as much as yall coolant flush haters hate to admit, is part of canon, in the form of Coolant Pods. This is a valid and viable mechanic, just as is legging, head shotting, and so on. No one says you gotta use it. and saying ballistics get a free reload is even more stupid than the rage against coolant flush.

But Head Shots are not a tactic, they are luck. Legs can be targeted, if you have a targeting computer and its still significantly harder than a regular shot and might hit another location anyway. But legging a mech in canon doesn't instantly take it out of the fight. Coolant Pods as they work from the canon would be fine.

Mostly anything that makes it feel like a FPS where occasionally you can take another hit ala MW4 is bad. Not saying there isn't a place for games like that. Just saying they aren't Battletech and Mechwarrior is a Battletech simulation. 95 percent of the time Mechs should take a beating before being destroyed. Not Laser Boat A zaps Laser boat B in the leg with its 10 Medium lasers that all hit the exact same location and blow it off.

#273 Cruxshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostTodtstelzer, on 28 May 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Seconded.

I have seen at least 1 Kerensky.

Edited by Cruxshadow, 28 May 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#274 UnLimiTeD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:57 AM

After using the WE playing MW4 (never actually played mercenaries before), I'll have to revise my previous statement about what is the ONE thing I definitely don't want to see;

Limping Mechs
Ok, for clarification; I really like the universe, and I'll probably spend a chunk of money on the game because from what I can tell, I also massively like the gameplay.
Yet still, it's always a bit of mental work for me to get my suspension of disbelief up and running, because let's be honest, "mechs" are impractical and preposterous in so many ways;

Now in MW4, yesterday, my Sunder lost a leg (which, from the outside, looked like a perfectly health leg, still) and then started limping like a mix of chicken and a very fat sprinter in super-slow-motion, flailing his "Arms" around like trying to keep balance and bending downwards every step; And it was impossible to tell which leg was actually damaged.
I'd like an animation that is less hilarious so it doesn't pull me out of the atmosphere; It's probably not possible the old way either, unless leg damage prevents you from shooting while moving. It just looked horribly unfitting.

#275 AikiGhost

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

What I DONT want to see.

1. Bad match making
2. A preponderance of heavy and assault mechs. A good mix should be enforced by the matchmaking system.
3. Clans mechs or indeed any mention of the clans. Not realistic but a classic BT fan has to have dreams :huh:

#276 Cruxshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

View PostAikiGhost, on 28 May 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

What I DONT want to see.

1. Bad match making
2. A preponderance of heavy and assault mechs. A good mix should be enforced by the matchmaking system.
3. Clans mechs or indeed any mention of the clans. Not realistic but a classic BT fan has to have dreams ;)

Sorry Aiki but if they go by cannon the Clan arrive next year per the BT calendar.

From what everyone has said the dev team is setting it up so the MM pushes balanced mixed teams.

#277 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostCruxshadow, on 28 May 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Seconded.

And a certain Phelen Kell

#278 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 28 May 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostCruxshadow, on 28 May 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

View PostTodtstelzer, on 28 May 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Seconded.

And a certain Phelen Kell

Kerensky is a bloodname, it has nothing to do with trying to assume a canon persona.

Phelan Kell is a little harder to defend. <.<

My name is actually a straight rip off of a canon name, too, but no one ever notices or cares. =P

#279 Dead Winter Dead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Venus and Mars.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Golden Ammo or weapons.

#280 black oak

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 28 May 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

As a self confessed energy boater, I can see how every thread that brings this subject up is important to you as you want your 'make the heat go away' button after you run it up, but where did I say anything as stupid as remove any of the things you listed. The coolant flush is simply the term used in MW3 and MW4 to magically make your heat dissapear after you overload on lasers and PPCs. In fact HEAT SINKS are what get rid of your mechs heat, which if your not smart enough to add enough, then yes you overheat and die. I didn't bring up legging or head shots so please do not try to put words in my mouth as you do a very bad job. The remark to a free ammo reload was SARCASM on my part, since you evidently want to introduce a game mechanic that removes the one drawback to energy weapons, HEAT, so I was sarcastically making that remark about removing the drawback of ballistic weapons, namely AMMO. And it doesn't matter if I want to use it or not, if someone like you can use it against me to reward you for poorly designing your mech in the mechlab. If your in a fight, and are on the verge of overheating and an enemy is closing in (that evidently is not suffering this problem due to a better mech setup) then you deserve to die because you went weapon heavy without adding enough heat sinks to take the load. I do not believe a system to reward players for poorly setting up their mech should be added to the game, nor be available to other players to use against me so they can alpha strike with lasers and PPCs and make the heat go away with a magic button push. Even the coolant pods, the ONLY mention of any system like this in the BT universe, doesn't make heat disappear, it just makes your heat sinks work better for a short period of time, and you pay for it in payload space and internal space taken up, plus the chance for an internal explosion from it. If they want to include that, I'm fine with it, just not with an 'instacool' button so that you don't have to pay for that 3 or 4 PPC strike. If you don't like high heat, learn to manage it, instead of wishing it away.

Biggest thing i'm getting from reading the forums is that Coolant Flush (never heard of it in Mercenaries) makes your heat go from "ZOMG" to "chill" in one blast?

Hell no!

Heat is one of the limiting characteristics of the game! Internal structure, Heat Sinks, Heat management and weapon choice... God, Coolant flush just sounds so...

n00b - tube - ish....

Sorry guys, that's this old gamers thought...

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users