what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#281 Bladetrain3r

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

Alas I only ever played MW2 as a child, and MW4 singleplayer - so a lot of this doesn't jive. But some things I wouldn't want:

- Oneshot builds (that sort of thing is for singleplayer, where your empowerment isn't at the cost of one or more person's enjoyment)
- Cookie cutter builds, as they're called - there will of course be optimal builds for all roles but I want all roles and all (non-ridiculous) builds to be at least somewhat viable.
- Pay 2 Win.
- Tiered matchups ala world of tanks. As mentioned before the different style of MWO will discourage this but...
- Excessive clan tech. My BT knowledge is rudimentary but even I know that gearing up everyone with ER PPCs would probably be bad.
- Although on that note... the continued lack of Uziel in this game
- "Global" chat channels only - I want squad talk damnit.
- Coolant flush I guess? I just dealt with it in MW4 by managing my frequency of fire. Guess it's more noticeable in MP.
- Don't know if I really object to cheese builds? Sure they might provide an overwhelming advantage in one aspect but assuming intelligence on your side they can normally be countered by the aspect they DON'T cover.
- Lack of infowar. I'm a medium/heavy pilot myself but scouts should feel useful.
- A lack of love by the devs. I'm gonna go ahead and highlight that. As long as you guys keep loving the game with the players I'm sure all differences can be worked out :D

Edited by Bladetrain3r, 28 May 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#282 Eyclone

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

No pop culture refrences. :D

#283 Philips Faust

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostTKG, on 26 May 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

The few things I'd prefer not to see in MWO:

1. Severe weapons damage to armor protection inbalance as seen in MW4. Case in point the PPC did a set amount of damage and yet most mechs generally speaking bore twice the amount of armor they were supposed so being hit by a PPC was mostly like being hit by a medium laser.
2. 'Fantasy mechs' ie the invented mechs added by the Mektek crew and others like 'em.

2. 'Fantasy mechs' ie the invented mechs added by the Mektek crew and others like 'em.

the invented mechs added by the Mektek crew and others like 'em.

Mektek crew and others like 'em.

Those guys did a damn fine job of keeping a game alive, so I will refuse to let you trash their name.

Also, yes they did make up a few mechs to fluff up the game (six in total are not cannon from my understanding)

But almost all the mechs they added WERE cannon. And lets also note the most famous of mechs, the Deimos
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Deimos

Ascended from fan-mech to cannon mech, created by MekTek and added to the cannon BY THE WRITERS OF BATTLETECH!

So I laugh at you for not doing your research good SIR

As for getting back on topic, the only thing I DON'T want to see in MW:O is a Steiner scout lance that isn't made of pure atlas's

#284 Crush Libs

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

a mix of MW3 and MWLL type play with killer graphics

MW4 sucked

Coolant is a must and MASC should not build heat but lower your cooling ability while activated

#285 Stormdragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

The idiocy that plagued WAR every time anyone mentioned PVE the same small group of idiots screamed about how it would kill the game, I love Mech PVP combat but lets face it a PVE game would draw a lot more people.

#286 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

1: Boating. It's stupid and it needs to die.
2: coolant flush.
3: Pay to win
4: an absence of Melee.

#287 Orion Pirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, Virginia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Reading another thread, I just realized...

I don't want Jump Jets to be allowed on any mech in the mechlab. I know they are currently restricted and I hope they continue to forever and ever to be limited to mechs that have them and their variants only.

If they unlock Jump Jets and allow them on any mech and Mechwarrior Online becomes a Bunny Hopping fest...

This is up there with Melee weapons, I hope I never see them in MWO...

#288 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

I don't want to see the likes of when firing your weapon (say a ppc) it comes out of the barrel at a stupidly unreal angle that just could not happen due to the laws of physics unlike what happens in World of Tanks A LOT ;) ;) :angry:

*By the way my tank doesn't have a ppc but I wish it did!

Edited by Arnie1808, 28 May 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#289 BulletProofPanda

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Ponys....

#290 PainGod30

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

I don't want to see every mech go critical once it's been taken out.

#291 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Friggin Hrothgar Dropships.

Gods, I hate those things.

#292 Okami Ryu

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

MyLittlePony/PopCulture: I wouldn’t mind clans/groups who use icons or such but I don’t want It to turn into my warhammer 40k group where that’s all my friend want to talk about.

No Coolent Flush: This was a very fun mechanic in MW4merc and I really don’t see peoples problem with it.

Bad Autobalance: I am tired of games like World of Tanks where I commonly get stuck on a team of only light tanks and my opponents team is over half medium and above tanks.

Chunkymonkey

In terms of Canocity, the Novels win over, but you must realize that no body reads anymore.

I do…

Only PVP: I want to be able to play cooperatively with people like in Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer I don’t know how realistic this is but I would be nice.

Finally LACK OF ANY TUTORIAL

This has killed games like MondayNightCombat for me because they expect you to learn the keys then know everything this includes not being able to test out a mechlab build before you go into actual combat.

Edited by Okami Ryu, 28 May 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#293 raptorian

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostEyclone, on 28 May 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

No pop culture refrences. ;)

A trillion times this (and not the half-handed short form either, I want 18 zeroes).

#294 Timitum

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

I'm scared of paying model. More specific, what do you get for real cash. It would suck to be slayed by less-skilled but richer guy.

#295 Sovietgondor

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOrbital Station Xing Yuan, Awaiting Combat Drop

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postdooder39, on 26 May 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Melee

Im sorry WHAT.

If you have any knowledge of BattleTech, Melee would absolutely great. But I doubt it will ever show up.

#296 Scav

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Locationon your six..

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostDavid PeachHill, on 28 May 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Ponys....

... don't mind ponys or elves but I do hate lemmings and goons.

Edited by Scav, 28 May 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#297 Creased

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Like many others, I don't want to see a god mode option for those who throw enough money at the game. Obviously those are the people that the developers rely on to pay the bills, but I'm really hoping that just once, a free to play game actually be free to enjoy as well.

that and having larger mechs make smaller mechs useless. I think light and medium mechs are much more fun to use, but experience shows that they are completely useless against larger ones.

#298 Bladetrain3r

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostCreased, on 28 May 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

that and having larger mechs make smaller mechs useless. I think light and medium mechs are much more fun to use, but experience shows that they are completely useless against larger ones.

I disagree on that, although the heavier mechs will have a major advantage in any one on one fight, light and medium with a reasonable degree of firepower and a terrain advantage could whittle one down. A light or med mech will preferably be hit and running or capping as opposed to going for a slugfest.

#299 Orion Pirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, Virginia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostSovietgondor, on 28 May 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Im sorry WHAT.

If you have any knowledge of BattleTech, Melee would absolutely great. But I doubt it will ever show up.

You are right, it works in a TT setting with friends... But in a real time game, that has random players, it can be really silly, and get out of hand, or so I imagine. I just imagine getting rushed by an Atlas and getting axed to death because I can't stop him fast enough, and when I turn around to run from him his buddy in a light mech with an axe just beats me as I run... Replace Atlas with the mech of your imagination... I know there will be variables to counter some of this of course, but I would rather not see Melee at all in a real time FPS game.

I know many people LOVE melee in FPS, but for me it breaks the game and makes it difficult to enjoy.

#300 Stormdragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostEyclone, on 28 May 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

No pop culture refrences. ;)

THIS!!!!!

Please keep the Hipster out of my MechWarrior please.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users