what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#941 NessOnett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

I don't want to ever see cookie-cutter. The best thing Mechwarrior has going for it is the customization options. But if balance is off, we're going to end up with all-Atlas using the exact same loadout. And I don't think anybody wants to see that. So I plead for extra attention to be placed on weapon balance, individual mech balance, and weightclass balance so we can feel as "viable" in a flea(if we ever get them) as we do in an Awesome.

And as an attachment to this, I think one thing that needs to have a delicate touch in this area is the introduction of "new" technology. Specifically clan tech. I don't want the "old" mechs and weapons to become completely obsolete and be pushed aside as the cheap and noob equiptment, they need to have their niche.

#942 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

A sense of WoT randomness

Where every fight feels dislocated from the next. There has to be a strong sense of connection to the world.

#943 Wazniak

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostSkye Storm, on 26 May 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Maybe a great way to combat this would be a percentage of mechs are available when the game comes out but when that percentage is fulled those mechs cost more.
Like say there are 100 people, well for instance have 25 dragons for people to claim. Once they are all taken the price goes up. When people sell the mechs the price goes down. Yes for capitalism

From what I've seen of Online Games, Captialism rarely works, or conversely works too well, ie. the rich get richer and the poor ****** and moan about it and it usually causes rampant farming. If you are lucky enough to get a good mech frame, why sell it? Keep it and then buy more.

To me it would make more sense to reward people that play stock mechs and lighter mechs instead of (what was that wonderful term "Gaussapults"). You expect a Gaussapult to kill a lot of Mech. You don't expect a Locus to kill anything - and yet if you could make it profitable to play one... people will.

Not sure what the rewards are in this game, salvage rights/ money I assume (just got here and started looking around) but maybe an increase rate (x.8 for light mechs) (x.4 for med) (x.5 for playing 'stock" mechs) etc. X money for people that play in lighter mechs against heavier mechs or custom mechs... no penalties for Gaussapults and no bonus because they will get a lot of kills or maybe base it on BV from the old Fasa Battletech Rules - (just tossing an idea out there) 2 cents worth.

Peace guys.

#944 Tarnish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'd like it if the Clans just never happened. Failing that, have the Clans suffer the same technological degradation as the Inner Sphere due to unending ending inter-clan war or whatever.

Kerensky suffering a fatal heart attack while personally designing yet another assault mech, shortly before ditching the Inner Sphere, would be ideal.

Or being accidently stepped on by an Atlas he was personally designing.

Or his son getting mauled by a <insert noun> <insert animal> prior to setting up his furry-centric tribal societies.

Or the members of the Exodus get to the Periphery worlds and find them all nearly uninhabitable **** worlds. Within 50 years they're all dead.

Edited by Tarnish, 01 September 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#945 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

These are all good points. But my main beef? CHEATERS! I know you can't avoid them. But in the last game I played, people were soft on them. If you cheat in this game I want you GONE! No second chances...complete blacklisting in all servers. And yes I know its hard to do this with IP address changers and such.

#946 Wazniak

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostFabe, on 28 May 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Why do some people think that melee in Battletech is some over the top style "kung fu" action? A battlemech kick is not a Chuck Norris round house to the head,its more like a 10 year old girl kicking someone in the shins.

I for one would welcome melee if they can pull it off right,but I can't see it being implemented any time soon since I think the situation where we'll be close enough to engage in melee will be very rare to the point that the time spent adding it could be used to add more worth while content.

I always liked the tactics of charge and death from above but would have to see how these tactics work in a FPS or Mech simulator before I could begin to have an opinion.

#947 Wazniak

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Heat Overide/Coolant Flushing debate

Funny I always assumed that if the pilot overroad the safety features built into a mech, the mech didn't explode, but instead the soft squishy pilot that is protected by a flimsy coolant vest turned into a quiznos sub... hence the red screen fading to black.

I don't remember this option in the table top / pen and paper version but it's been 20 years. I do remember it from the computer games, and it was a nice feature in PvE, not sure if it would be appropriate for PvP.

#948 Hohiro Kurita

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

MW4+ tech. Nothing from WizKids should ever make its way into this game and so help me god I'm burning 20 years of Battletech books and mechs in an oil fire if it does.

@Tarnish, lol. Good luck with that.

@BrassBalledDragon. Judging by the amount of Legendary purchases, we're willing to pay for anything. I have absolutely no qualms about giving them 120 dollars or more. I consider it deserved money that I would have paid Jordan anyway for two mechwarrior games that were never made. I've spent tons of money on battletech for 20 years and I have no intention of stopping (though the fact that the majority of literature is only on kindle now is a huge roadblock).

Cumulative comments on everything follow:

All nova's belong in game. All novas are clan mechs so to deprive clans of one of their most iconic mechs, the Nova, is absurd - so to with the Nova Cat and Supernova. The Supernova is as good as infantry in MWO anyway, I assure you - if it is put in the game.

1-hit kills: Belong in game. If I gauss your cockpit, you're done. Cockpits don't survive gauss. Or PPC. Or AC20 or even AC10. Just like they belong in every other game - 1 hit with a knife is a kill in real life if you slit someones throat or tear up their heart or jugular. 1 hit with a sniper rifle, in the head - the only place you would shoot - is a kill. One hit with most things is a kill and BT is actually one of the stand outs when you consider how much punishment mechs take compared to an M1 Abrams, which is 60 tons, or anything else in a similar weight range.

Obviously the cockpit hitbox should be hard to hit but it shouldn't be that hard - the cockpits are clearly identifiable on most mechs and the only thing to stop you from the headshot is moving.

So everyone is whining about Clans when lvl 2 and 3 tech isn't even announced to be in the game yet (nda sigh). Why wouldn't someone use clan tech? It's better. You can't fault people for using the best tools available to them just because you want to use the crappier tools. Tell them to break canon and let IS mechs use clan tech then. Or play one of the older games where you can. The clan tech isn't that much better that it's autowin - it all has a massive disadvantage, usually tonnage, slots, and heat.

Edited by Hohiro Kurita, 03 September 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#949 Koningswulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 184 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

I don´t EVER wanna see better mechs, equipment, ammo bought for real money, that those not paying real money can´t get their hand on !!!!

#950 Davison

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

'Rebalances' every other day because someone can't stand being hit with a real weapon instead of air powered foam balls. Nerf doesn't belong everywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users