what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#921 Jiri Starrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCalafia, Caid (San Diego, CA)

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostBanekane, on 30 August 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostTheAltoonaWiseman, on 30 August 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

I would like to be able to turn chat off. when was the last post that 'didint' turn into two 12 year olds whining thier opinions at each other.
no- best to turn all that off-(like SWTOR) and just play your own game so it stays fun.

in SWTOR it fades untill you type or sombody types cant just turn completly off but i get what you mean dont need text chat on screen in battle anyway if they have voice chat with your team implimented

Ya, I don't get the fixed (as in you can't modify it) chat either. WoT has the same issue. WoW is how old? And has various channels and scalability since at least BC, it can't be that hard to figure out the code for. (as does CO, STO, COH/COV, etc. etc. etc.)

#922 Syclonus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Ridge, TN

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

kids below 18

Posted Image

#923 pistolero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Locationnot in MWO

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

double armor .............. oh wait :D

#924 SuperBall

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Zero Credits -.-

#925 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

strich adhesion to TT rules or nerfing this game to adhere to them

View PostSyclonus, on 31 August 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

kids below 18

Posted Image

lol mythbusters

#926 Freaky Foe

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

As most have said dont wana see people buying victory

payments should only make it easyer to aquire pieces available to all, and be used for causmetic changes that is all

Edited by Freaky Foe, 31 August 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#927 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

It being tern in to Unreal Tournament with Mechs is what I don't want to see

#928 Maire Devylin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Two things:

1) Ponies - unless i can stomp them
2) NHUA

#929 Shai tan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

A 3rd pov after a collision.
And the excessive time it takes for the game to give back control to the Pilots.

#930 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostMechBusterGirl, on 30 August 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Clan Tech, or any tech above 3025. The game 'breaks' after that point. Play balance it wasted right out the window. Non clan tech using mechs are at such a huge loss. Its unfair and stupid. 3025 tech was the most game balanced era in the entire timeline. Keep it there, don't mess with it...and for gods sake never 'ever' let players get clan tech.

In other words you're starting the game unhappy? :)

#931 Ducks Guts

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationAZ U.S.A.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Heh, I just want to see the game at all. Won't download to either computer I own. Cool forums though ; )

#932 Linus LOKI Carter

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationMalestrom, Graddius Sol Sys

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostGozer, on 26 May 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

This right here is what I'm worried about. Sure post 3050 I expect to see ER lasers, Pulse lasers, and Gauss all over the place but pre-3050 I don't want to see that stuff yet. Get everyone used to the "normal" stuff and then give us the fun toys. I don't want that stuff showing up too early. :D

I So Agree With You. IF You Check Out The Other Games ( MW2,MW2 Expansion's And So Forth )There Were Always " THOSE PLAYERS " That Had a Grocery List Of POST 3050 Tech On Their Mechs.Were Talking Just Talking Regular Mission Game Play Too. Like MW2 Had Its Clans With Your Mission's But Some PPL Went WAY Over Board With The Tech.Also To Note,MW3,MW4 PPL Followed Suit As Well. SMH :lol: LIke C'mon. I Want And Always Remember How I Wanted To Experience The " GOLDEN AGES ". You Know Around Before Kerensky Left The Innersphere And It Was The ORIGINAL Star League Even Before Mercenaries. I Want THAT EXPERIENCE SO BAD. Along With The Environment + Atmospheric Detail ART Work + Technology To Go With It. B) YEAH !!!

#933 Linus LOKI Carter

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Clan Tech, or any tech above 3025. The game 'breaks' after that point. Play balance it wasted right out the window. Non clan tech using mechs are at such a huge loss. Its unfair and stupid. 3025 tech was the most game balanced era in the entire timeline. Keep it there, don't mess with it...and for gods sake never 'ever' let players get clan tech.

sooo NO CLAN TECH or LOSTECH AT All ??? are you sure about that ???

View PostShai tan, on 31 August 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

A 3rd pov after a collision.
And the excessive time it takes for the game to give back control to the Pilots.

Yeah I Know. I USED TO Get on my nerves like crazy when you play " Driving Sims " Do These All The Time.....ARRRGHHH its like Pulling my wisdom tooth out. >:blink:

View PostRiver Walker, on 31 August 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

It being tern in to Unreal Tournament with Mechs is what I don't want to see

THANK YOU. I'm Glad Some One Said This. B) :D :lol: :huh:

#934 Linus LOKI Carter

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

kids below 18

Posted Image

kids below 18

Posted Image

Hmmm......So it sounds to me your implying that tiny tots RUIN The Experience huh???
.............i can see your point. Yeah It Might Best Be To Leave Them Out Of This. Especially Since They Whine,Cry When The " GAME / SIM " Doesn't Go Their Way As Planned. Its Like We Have To Hear Crying + ******** During The Whole Sim... SMDH :/

#935 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

1 thing i dont want to see at all ever ever ever is weapons destroyed in 1 hit to it unless my armour was already messed up if my armour is in the green i dont want my CPU to say lost a weapon lost a weapon after a few hits let mee mess up my armour befor stripping my weapons off

Yes i had this problem in MW4 i will be in battle with first enimy salvo my armour stayed green(no significant damage) but sumow all my weapons was destroyed

also dont want to pay to drop on a planet i been contracted to fight the drop fee should be included on contracts with your mech corps

Edited by Banekane, 01 September 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#936 TheHeater

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Ponies.

#937 Dantioch

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

hi. real good content, not a mech based wot clone in bad/good, so plz bring in some real missions pve and pvp anf not only the 15 min inst fight ****, looks nice and gets real boring after a few days.

PS:( i am normally a mech fan since the table top, but i am sick of the quick dollar games who appear every where:( )

Regards Dantioch

View PostTheAltoonaWiseman, on 30 August 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

I would like to be able to turn chat off. when was the last post that 'didint' turn into two 12 year olds whining thier opinions at each other.
no- best to turn all that off-(like SWTOR) and just play your own game so it stays fun.

jeese weese, dont read it u *****,

#938 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 26 May 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

I dont want to see MWO play like MW4 with upgraded graphics.

You know, the whole "everyone picks assaults with jump jets, hides behind a hill in their spawn zone and alpha strikes in mid air with 100% accuracy across a 800+ meter wide killing field with absolutely zero cover" thing that ****** all classic battletech fans off.

#939 BrassBalledDragon

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 26 May 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Gold Ammo. It would destroy the game.

Thats the key isn't it? If you have to pay to compete your game is worthless. It is the central downfall to every F2P game out there. The double-currency system should not be allowed to be used to gain a worthwhile tactical advantage. The shop should only contain aesthetic items, or at most, leveling items. But a purchasable mech that blows away the competition will not work here. Too many canon-loving players such as myself wouldn't stand for it I would hope. But to the devs, if you are having a hard time making money, ask your players what they are willing to pay for before you disrupt their game balance. You might be surprised that there are a lot of players willing to pay big bucks for things that have no dynamic impact. Such as a custom mech chassis....

#940 Eskirva

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

I hate AFKers. I can't begin to stress how detrimental it is to everyone's efforts to have a couple of people off delivering pizza with some third party program set to keep them in game, match after match. MWO needs mechanics to detect these people. When detected, anything they would have gained for being in the match should instead be subtracted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users