what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#501 Your Worst Nightmare

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

buying your way to the top, like paying actual money(dollars) to get the biggest chassis, the biggest guns, and the best allies...
I mean you should have to fight to get C-bills, but you start with a light mech and have to fight light mechs to get enough to buy a medium mech, and you keep on fighting to earn money.

#502 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

No Mechwarrior Dark Age ever!
No Blake Jihad

I am not sure what the game devs at WizKids were on when they developed the Blake Jihad and Mechwarrior Dark Age.

#503 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Cone-of-fire or RNG's determining the aiming. Those are pretty much the only things that could really ruin the game for me (that I know of before hand). I've warmed to the idea of torso weapons having convergence; it's an interesting balance between firepower and usability.

#504 DougJunior

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I dont want to see a normaly stinky mmo game.
I want the same what is in the battletech book serie.
I will stay in water and my heat rate goes faster down, i will go behind rocks to take cover, i will kick with a light fast mech with 30 tones kill a atlas fromb behind.
I will see all Mods from a Battlemech, see what gun he have, where are his headcoles, i will can destroy them, that he must shutdown.
I want PVP, PVE Missions, real big fights over 1km x 1km maps or biger.
The normaly losttech area, with shot and hits not over 300m, smr, lmr, and all **** what you can read i want in the game.
And let Pay to Win out, make a fear Pay system where you can buy more Hangar slots or some Boosts,
But when someone is bed he cant can lvl up with prem or other he must where better to become stronger.
Make no linear Tech Tree, make some, what weapon you use most that become xp for give them a better vision or a lvl up on the fire or head thinks.
I want a simulator game no ******* fast action shooter with not more than some kidy that sparn in, and go in death by scouting the first mech.

#505 Belisarius1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostBuddahcjcc, on 30 May 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Yeah this but like I said before... Goons -.- all they do is look for ways to break the game s they play.
They turned star trek online into a open PVP game till the makers on the game wrote the bug out.

It was funny kinda but still. Sitting in the one place ppl congregate and exploiting the bug for weeks till the devs went and removed it

Good luck out there.

Edited by Belisarius1, 30 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#506 I Kill Pigeons

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Boating (Esp. laser boats - 18 MLs! Woo!) & circle-strafing over & over & over. One promotes the other, IMO.
I really hope role warfare works as it should help eliminate cull "meet in the middle, circle & fire until one is dead, repeat" gameplay.
Map design could also help with this.

I hope the maps aren't too small as well. I don't want to have to cruise 10 minutes before finding the enemy, but I want to feel like there's an actual battlefield, not just an arena.

#507 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostBelisarius1, on 30 May 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Good luck out there.

I find all the goon hate amusing. There seems to be a lot of people on here that are just jumping at the chance to paint bullseyes on themselves by openly declaring how much they hate a team that is built around mass grief. /facepalm

I credit the goons with making games more interesting. I credit the Russians with making games (on average) more competitive. I wholeheartedly welcome both.

#508 TWolfWD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostBuddahcjcc, on 30 May 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

And the devs have said multiple times THEY dont want to see this either

Just because they've said it doesn't mean I can't say it, too :P.

#509 I Kill Pigeons

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostBuddahcjcc, on 30 May 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

the devs WERE dancing a circle with the Catapult in that vid. Id guess with speed, smaller scout mechs will be able to speed tank, makin circling bigger mechs to kill them not being cheap but good tactics

I don't have an issue if it happens because of sound tactics (like in the situation you describe), just don't want it to be overly common for everybody. For me, it's as annoying as "pop tarting" to a lot of others. Makes the map feel pointless because everyone's just in the middle going in circles instead of incorporating the map's features in to their tactics.

You're right about the catapult, but I'm not gonna freak out over a clip taken out of context. I also won't wig out if I see it here or there (repeating myself now), just don't want to see battles degenerate to it all the time...It's a good way to see everyone in the biggest mech they can find instead of some weight diversity.

I don't expect it to be a problem. Role warfare will hopefully keep it at bay for the most part; I brought it up because the question was "things you don't want to see" :P

#510 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostBuddahcjcc, on 30 May 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

what is pop tarting anyways I apparently never played the game they take the term from

Jump Sniping? Hill Humping?

Where ya hide behind something, jump straight in the air and alpha strike whatever glows red under the reticle.... Hated tactic by all those who dont know how to counter it...

#511 I Kill Pigeons

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Yeah what Ramblin said. Hide behind a hill/building/etc, jump straight up, alpha, fall back down to cover before enemy can react. Repeat. Cue anger from enemy.

#512 Cruxshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostRamblin, on 30 May 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Jump Sniping? Hill Humping?

Where ya hide behind something, jump straight in the air and alpha strike whatever glows red under the reticle.... Hated tactic by all those who dont know how to counter it...

It is almost hate pop tarting as much as I hate swirlies of death.

#513 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

"Pop Tarts Make the Naive Break Fast."

-Prosperity Park, 3049

#514 Ian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Circle strafing slower mechs does happen in the TT game. Usually only in 1v1 situations though because the slow guys Lance Mates will wreck you otherwise.

lack of battle types, only team/solo deathmacth wont be enough. The all the same maps, and too small maps flooded with stuff, they look senceless.

There is more than just deathmatch now. The maps are about 3km across judging from the videos shown. With a wide selection of terrain.

Completely casual gameplay, whcih comes again and again ruining the bases of cybersport, and spoiling the taste of real voctories.

Ah because online victories against casual gamers are so important. Really I hope they put all that in for the people that want it. And then run it only on Solaris 7. The majority of the game should focus on the casual player. Not the 5 percent of the gamers who make up the super competitive, win at all costs, who cares if it simulates what its supposed to as long as my kill count is higher than yours, crowd.

Clear vision of weapon purpose making no real fun in customization, same weapons can be used in many different situations, making them more or less effective, but not usable non usable, lasers range for examble - having maximum firing range is not really sencible optimal friring range would be great.

They have already stated that energy weapons do not have a maximum range, but that their effectiveness drops off after their tabletop max range has been met. If you can see it you can shoot it across the map.

many copies of the same mech chassis in one battle, its not the war of clones.

Give it time. There will be plenty of options. its still early yet.

#515 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 30 May 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

It is not a viable option because you have just cheated your opponent out of his/her victory. If we begin a match together, and you are in such desperate straits due to damage I have inflicted on you, and I am closing in for the kill, WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU GET AN INSTANT WIN BUTTON! You suddenly get to drop all your heat and ALPHA STRIKE ME! Should magic fairys appear and chain my mech to the ground as well to make it easier for you. Battle damage occurs for EVERYBODY, how you choose to react to it determines the type of pilot your are in game. Asking for a 'make it go away' button is just freaking sad. And I do not want to fight in a battle where my opponent can reward themself for bad decisions and piloting.

In canon, the ONLY mention of this type of system was the coolant pods mentioned numerous times on the several threads you have argued this point on. The coolant flush came from MW3 and MW4, something they made up entirely on their own. Why do we need that system in MWO? If they do the heat balance right, mounting enough heat sinks and picking the right weapon loadout will leave you with no probems with heat. Yes it possible that battle damage will result in climbing heat levels, due to engine damage or loss of heat sinks, but that is universal for everybody. It doesn't offer any one player an advantage over another, though you can minimize or maximize the problem in the mechlab.

And for your real world physics, lets take a car out on the autobahn, let it run real hard for awhile so the engine is hot, then poke a hole in the radiator so you start losing radiator fluid. Is that car suddenly going to get a quick temperature loss in the engine, or will it eventually overheat? Coolant in a mech is named coolant because thats what keeps it cool. If a mech is near shutdown, how will suddenly spraying coolant out of its *** drop its heat, since you are getting rid of the medium it uses to dispose of that heat.

ok first off, going from the bottom backwards to the top. you assume a coolant flush means taking coolant from the reactor. i never said this, yet everyone assumes that is exactly what i mean. it is NOT. i have always envisioned this as a tank specifically for this purpose of separate coolant to flood the sinks. perhaps its warmed to avoid thermal shock, but it could still be cooler than the heat sinks.
As to robbing my opponent of his victory over me... Did I miss the bus on this one? Is that not the objective, to you know, kill my enemy before he can do that to me? So, yes, you bet I want to steal victory from you over me. It isnt an I win button. It is a: I hope like hell I am fast enough to pull this off.

#516 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 30 May 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Bolding by me. If you are THAT far gone, you might as well just alpha and NOT worry about shutting down because you are dead anyway.

You are also forgetting this isn't about one on one. This is a team game. Why do people insist on forgetting this.

This argument of one on one makes me laugh so hard. It is like someone in League of Legends getting upset because your lane is beating them and they start slinging the insults like "You only won because my team mate is a noob, 1v1 me noob! 1V1 ME!@ You're scared to 1v1 me!@@#"

Let me clarify: I am NOT against coolant PODS. I AM against coolant FLUSH.

There is a difference.
Coolant Pods are canon and take up critical slots and tonnage and have an inherent risk associated with them, that being they can detonate like ammunition bins do if they suffer a critical hit and are limited in use. Oh and they can trash your heat sinks too.

Coolant Flush does not take up critical slots, has no weight associated with it and has no risks associated with it either. That screams "I win button" to me.

I am no more scared to fight 1 on 1 than any one else. I do not know why everyone thinks that because I champion the CF in ANY form, it would seem that way. Call it what ever you want. Coolant Pods, Coolant Flush, Coolant Rain, Coolant Cola, I dont care really. I call it coolant flush, because no matter if its from a built in tank or a bolted in pod, it is a flush of coolant across the heat sinks. Look, I do not care if anyone uses it, no matter what form it takes, but, the fact of the matter is, Coolant Pods/Trucks are canon, I do not care what any of you think, if it is in the rule books for application to the Table Top game, that makes it canon. Canon comes from the rule books. The idea you cannot compare a coolant pod to case is silly. Case is there to mitigate the threat from ammo explosions inside the mech. that is, as far as I can tell, something we can all agree on. What I find funny is that people cannot see the fact that, while the CP are far far riskier, they are there to mitigate for a very short instant the heat from energy weapons.
It is the same thing, a mitigation system, with a very short life span once engaged, where as CASE will hang out in the mech even after the ammo is depleted.

#517 Kristina Sarah McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I don't want to see Pay2Win at any level. Leave the pay stuff to cosmetic features and features that won't impact gameplay directly. I'm fine with paying to get boosts to C-Bills and XP earned, but no rare Pay Only weapons or mechs that have better features than Mechs anyone else can buy.

No forcing players to take certain weight classes of Mechs or, at the very least, have an Open Mode where any weight class is allowed. I've played most of the MW games and both MA games and one of the things that killed the MA series for me was that MA2 forced you to have slapfights with your team mates to see who got the Assault Mech, who got the Heavy, who got the Medium, and who got the Light.

#518 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

I think we can jump in and pilot what ever we want into combat, i think, they are going to put you in what ever match has need of your particular weight class/set up. just a guess though, based on the hinted at BV system that may come up down the road.

#519 Sigismund45316

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I agree with what some folks have already said. No "ultimate loadout" that would take the variety out of the game. Those few weapons out of the whole myriad of options that most players would choose because they are strong. I think all weapons should be on relatively equal standings, so that variety is promoted. If a weapon does end up becoming the "fan favorite," maybe introduce a set of penalties for each weapon you choose. Firing Lasers may temporarily limit running speed due to excessive use of power, while mounting missiles may give the wielder an armor penalty due to having to integrate firing systems and bulky munitions into the mech's chassis. Not comparing this great franchise with the work of specific other games, but especially on a particular line of console first-person shooters, once the player advances far enough, you can count on them using one gun out of the entire arsenal (the STG-44, the ACR, the Galil, the AK-47). Takes the variety out of it.
~Variety is the Spice of Life

#520 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostSigismund45316, on 30 May 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

I agree with what some folks have already said. No "ultimate loadout" that would take the variety out of the game. Those few weapons out of the whole myriad of options that most players would choose because they are strong. I think all weapons should be on relatively equal standings, so that variety is promoted. If a weapon does end up becoming the "fan favorite," maybe introduce a set of penalties for each weapon you choose. Firing Lasers may temporarily limit running speed due to excessive use of power, while mounting missiles may give the wielder an armor penalty due to having to integrate firing systems and bulky munitions into the mech's chassis. Not comparing this great franchise with the work of specific other games, but especially on a particular line of console first-person shooters, once the player advances far enough, you can count on them using one gun out of the entire arsenal (the STG-44, the ACR, the Galil, the AK-47). Takes the variety out of it.
~Variety is the Spice of Life

just my 2 cents here, I agree with you. BUT, I also disagree. every mech has an ultimate load out, that is better than anything else out there. The proof is this: any mech load out that works for the player better than any other load out they have tried on that mech, is the ultimate load out for that player. It may and probably will differ from player to player, but, the end result is, we, each and every one of us, have an ultimate load out for our prized and favorite mech.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users