Pugs Are Probably Exaggerating

262 replies to this topic

#201 Bguk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hey, it's the ******** subject again. Wait for phase 3 anyone?

I already know the answer to that one

#202 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 24 January 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Yokaiko, are you saying the current MM matches premades on either side of the non 8 man queue? Cos it doesn't.

It tries, I see goofiness with weights occasionally.

But like I said, and I'll be obvious, THERE ISN'T A HIGH ENOUGH POPULATION TO CLASS MATCH AN ENTIRE GAME WITH HARD MATCHED GROUPING You would spend a LONG time trying to start a game.

#203 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Other than being hard to read that proves nothing. Read the three posts above. Phase two is the 8 man queue, period. That went in as advertised...late but as advertised. The command chair post I linked was AFTER phase one went live.

.....NO ONE has found a post that says that says that group matching wasn't installed.

.... I have this magic rock for sale that will protect you from tiger attacks.

#204 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostSerapth, on 24 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

So you are saying that isn't what happened? Do you smoke pot or something? Phase 1 was live over a month before phase 2.

#205 Elandyll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Other than being hard to read that proves nothing. Read the three posts above. Phase two is the 8 man queue, period. That went in as advertised...late but as advertised. The command chair post I linked was AFTER phase one went live.

.....NO ONE has found a post that says that says that group matching wasn't installed.

You haven't quoted one saying that it was, when I actually posted you the supposed Phase 2 update that does NOT detail -anything- besides the 8 man queue, and even leaves it out of the Game Change Log to purposedly avoid details.

But keep up the denial, it's pretty funny.

#206 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostBguk, on 24 January 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Hey, it's the ******** subject again. Wait for phase 3 anyone?

I already know the answer to that one

Maybe it keeps coming up, because... I dunno... it's important.

And PGI have said NOTHING about addressing premades beyond implementing ELO. If they came out and said "yes, we are going to balance pugs on each side in an upcoming patch", you wouldn't see these threads.

#207 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

View PostSerapth, on 24 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

I've yet to see a dev post that says otherwise by the way. I see a bunch of stomping and kicking and nah ah, that isn't it.

#208 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 24 January 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

Well I rarely play MWO without her, because we usually play our Games together.

Like / Post ratio, your's is 6251/2924 = 0.47. I usually manage to post without her help :). This is of course the most important statistic which one can measure in an Online forum game.

Also SQUAWKS at 11.

Thanks for the info. So almost half of what I post is liked??? B) Who do I whine to to get this travesty Buffed! Everybody is supposed to love ME and what I say! B) :lol: :ph34r:

Also, QUACK!

#209 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Actually, phase 2 never said "even premade headcount" it said, "player groups will be matched against other groups and solo players per Phase 1 rules." And phase 1 rules are, "Pre-made groups will be limited to a max of 4 players when playing in random public forums." Phase 2 was just to let those who wanted full 8v8 back, they intended to get phase 3, ELO, and some semblance of premade team balance, in late December.

#210 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostElandyll, on 24 January 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

You haven't quoted one saying that it was, when I actually posted you the supposed Phase 2 update that does NOT detail -anything- besides the 8 man queue, and even leaves it out of the Game Change Log to purposedly avoid details.

But keep up the denial, it's pretty funny.

• 2, 3, 4 player groups will be matched against other groups and solo players per Phase 1 rules.

#211 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostCritical Fumble, on 24 January 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Actually, phase 2 never said "even premade headcount" it said, "player groups will be matched against other groups and solo players per Phase 1 rules." And phase 1 rules are, "Pre-made groups will be limited to a max of 4 players when playing in random public forums." Phase 2 was just to let those who wanted full 8v8 back, they intended to get phase 3, ELO, and some semblance of premade team balance, in late December.

Actually good point, even the point Yokaiko is quoting again and again and again, doesnt even say what he thinks it does. Even give the fact it wasnt in a patch release notes, but instead a roadmap post... and marked delayed.

Edited by Serapth, 24 January 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#212 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

It tries, I see goofiness with weights occasionally.

But like I said, and I'll be obvious, THERE ISN'T A HIGH ENOUGH POPULATION TO CLASS MATCH AN ENTIRE GAME WITH HARD MATCHED GROUPING You would spend a LONG time trying to start a game.

I can sync drop 2 teams of equal make up and both be on the same side 90% of the time.

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

• 2, 3, 4 player groups will be matched against other groups and solo players per Phase 1 rules.

Exactly. They all just go into the bucket. it might, according to the weight class MM rule, throw 2 premades on one side and all puggers on the other. It doesn't go, 'hey this is a premade' and 'hey this is another premade' and then even try to put them on opposite sides, just because they are a premade.

Edited by Ghogiel, 24 January 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#213 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostCritical Fumble, on 24 January 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Like I said they can't it takes 19,000 players at once trying to find a game to normalize the odds. That is what is required for hard class matching team against team. PLUS the added fun of trying to drop if you are the odd team out, do you want to sit there pressing launch for 15 minutes for a game to end?

View PostGhogiel, on 24 January 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

I can sync drop 2 teams of equal make up and both be on the same side 90% of the time.

Whoa wait.

Same side my ***, I tested that one, and you are about as likely to end up across unless you know some exploit I don't.

..and its about 1 and 4 to get in the same game at all.

Edited by Yokaiko, 24 January 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#214 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

The matchmaker stinks and the only people defending it (look at the "special people" "liking" the op, fil5000 and 12 others like this) are people that are playing in premades.

The devs could just mark groups and there would no arguing at all. Why is that so ******** hard to do? Is it something that will take a month? I mean they are very fast with stuff like removing the population counter.

Edited by Ilwrath, 24 January 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#215 Elandyll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

This quote doesn't say that groups will only be matched against other groups you %^&# ! Read again!

#216 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Whoa wait.

Same side my ***, I tested that one, and you are about as likely to end up across unless you know some exploit I don't.

User error.

#217 Bguk

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, it states that, but nothing there states 100% that you will be 100% matched against a premade when dropping in one. The phase 1 rules are pretty light:

Phase 1: November 6th

Pre-made groups will be limited to a max of 4 players when playing in random public forums. This is a quick fix to ease the PUG vs PRE issues. We do not consider this a final, nor complete fix to matchmaking.

Phase 2: December 4th - 80% (Delayed due to testing)

Pre-Made groups will be able to match against other pre-made groups.
  • Min/Max group size: 8 players - Updated
  • 8 player group matchmaking will not take into consideration Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault classes.
  • All other forms of matchmaking will still use the current class matching rules.
Phase 3: December TBD

Phase 1 rule states:

Pre-made groups will be limited to a max of 4 players when playing in random public forums. This is a quick fix to ease the PUG vs PRE issues. We do not consider this a final, nor complete fix to matchmaking.

All it states is that premades are limited to a max of 4 players, not explicitly stating a premade is put on both sides.

The premade matching they stated was for the 8 mans.

Oh, and Serapth, I still don't think it's as big a deal as the solo players are making it out to be. So yes, without another phase out in production this is a ******** subject.

#218 Bguk

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 24 January 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

The matchmaker stinks and the only people defending it (look at the "special people" "liking" the op, fil5000 and 12 others like this) are people that are playing in premades.

The devs could just mark groups and there would no arguing at all. Why is that so ******** hard to do? Is it something that will take a month? I mean they are very fast with stuff like removing the population counter.

Do you know that removing a ui code snippet takes longer than putting in one? I agree with the icon/counter/something so this debate would go away.

I also don't think they're defending the matchmaker, just trying to refute the idea it's not as bad out there as some would have you believe. And the other side is doing the same in reverse.

#219 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Thanks for the info. So almost half of what I post is liked??? :angry: Who do I whine to to get this travesty Buffed! Everybody is supposed to love ME and what I say! <_< :D :D

Also, QUACK!

Hey I liked your's and Yokaiko's posts, ain't my fault that you don't appreciate your own content enough to like them yourselfs.

Goonwisdom: Never not post, never not like!

#220 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Ok, this reads that a 2-4 man team will be matched against other 2-4 man teams + solo players on both sides. So if a 4man team and 4 PUGs end up on one team the MM will try to match my 2-4 man team+solo players against them. Luck of the draw determines if I am powned or not.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users