262 replies to this topic

#121 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

When I add my weapons to the destruction of an enemy I get Betched at and called a 'Kill Stealing Mother F*cker'.

Oddly, I have never been called that, and I am a kill stealing sex beast.

#122 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Since you are clearly living in my head, do tell what mistakes these are. Besides you know NOT being on TS.

Who made this argument? Seriously? Who?

My OB W/L is 439 / 665.

Why can't you get it through your thick skull that the only thing I would ever ask for is a fair playing field.

I used to at least have a modicum of respect for you Joseph but I see you've joined the rest of gang who hate because they can. Who have no defence at all when asked why they dislike fairness. Who think dropping a bunch of uncoordinated PUGs against a 4 man or 8 man is perfectly fair.

You are on a fair(as in random) playing field. You drop against 8 other opponents, your team is sometimes comprised of a 2-4 man team also. So the better communicating team wins the match. You have a 45% Win/Loss... I have played nearly as many losses as you have total games (1,543W/876L) I would say 85%+ of the losses are during drops as a 2-4 man team.

#123 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

You are on a fair(as in random) playing field. You drop against 8 other opponents, your team is sometimes comprised of a 2-4 man team also. So the better communicating team wins the match. You have a 45% Win/Loss... I have played nearly as many losses as you have total games (1,543W/876L) I would say 85%+ of the losses are during drops as a 2-4 man team.

And this says what? Why is your anecdotal information better than someone else's?

Edited by Thirdstar, 24 January 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#124 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

And you know I am personally making these mistakes how?

Cause your complaining about how Premades are kicking your butt!

View PostGhogiel, on 24 January 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Oddly, I have never been called that, and I am a kill stealing sex beast.

LOL I haven't been called this often & to be fair it very well could have been a premade player who called me this. :)

#125 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Since you are clearly living in my head, do tell what mistakes these are. Besides you know NOT being on TS.

OMG! How'd you figure out the secret!?one

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Cause I'm not one of those teams. My Win/Lose average is at 60% Dropping 4-6 hours a night, with basically the same 1-3 people every night. That's why I have such a hard time accepting the sob story.

10% higher than the average in the opening statistics? And that's not significant? Beyond mech and gear choice, the things that help you succeed in the game are "stick together" and "focus fire" which are pretty much a given if you get people together on VOIP, or even together without it. I don't want premades to go away, I'm all for people playing the game the way they enjoy playing; but if the devs want us all swimming in the same pool, they need to account for the influence of a group and give us more communication tools.

#126 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Cause your complaining about how Premades are kicking your butt!

So if I never made any of the mistakes you quoted I would never ever lose a match. That's what you're saying?

#127 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 January 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

More often than not the match maker will put pure pugs on one of the teams. Or one really crappy premade but that is pretty much the same as pugs. I see this happen all the time. You have no ECM while there is several ECM Atlas moving in formation towards you? Yeah its puggy stomp time.

462 / 547 Wins / Losses + 1.95 Kill / Death Ratio + 777.04 Avg. XP Per Match = getting ****** by the matchmaker with pure pugs against groups again and again and again.

Starting to get really sick of this. To the point that I wish 3 person view on this game just to **** everybody.

Edited by Ilwrath, 24 January 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#128 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 24 January 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

More often than not the match maker will put pure pugs on one of the teams. Or one really crappy premade but that is pretty much the same as pugs. I see this happen all the time. You have no ECM while there is several ECM Atlas moving in formation towards you? Yeah its puggy stomp time.

462 / 547 Wins / Losses + 1.95 Kill / Death Ratio + 777.04 Avg. XP Per Match = getting ****** by the matchmaker with pure pugs against groups again and again and again.

Starting to get really sick of this. To the point that I wish 3 person view on this game just to **** everybody.

Or its just like the team I'm on right now, enemey stayed relatively tight, we had people all over the place its going to be a 5 to 8 loss as soon as they find the 60kph rambo with no damage running trying to out cap 5 dudes.

Matchmaker fail obviously.

..and show me the proof that its four mans and not ******** play.

Or just stop handicapping yourself and get over it.

Edited by Yokaiko, 24 January 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#129 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 24 January 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Or just stop handicapping yourself and get over it.

Join TS and stomp. Gotcha.

#130 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

View Postabloobloo, on 23 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

You often see pugs on these forums cry foul of premades. They claim that premades ruin the game, and that pugs are constantly being wiped off the map, round after round. Eventually, after hearing the anti-premade mantra over and over again, I thought to myself "is this really the case?" Surely, if it were true that pugs were systematically losing matches, that would suggest a deeply flawed matchmaker that was systematically pitting pugs against premades more than against other pugs.

You're exaggerating.
Sometimes it's one in every 10 matches. Other times 2 or 3 matches in a row.
When it does happen it's fairly obvious that it is more than likely a premade or a PUG team made up of decent players. Not saying it always is because there are good PUG's out there.
Either way the problem is nOObs having no idea you have to work together. Even when given a plan they still wander off in to the distance.

Edited by CygnusX7, 24 January 2013 - 06:21 AM.

#131 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Next game two losses off thte bat derping around in the water with LRM.

Make that three deaths to derping around in the water and two more to a tunnel rush while they were charging down the road.

Matchmaker.

Edited by Yokaiko, 24 January 2013 - 06:21 AM.

#132 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

If I drop in a 4 group we almost always win. If I drop as a pug it depends on what time it is. During european afternoon there wont really be groups on so pugging is very viable, at primetime you'll lose more often than not. That's my experience (~2000 games played)

#133 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostCygnusX7, on 24 January 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

You're exaggerating.
Sometimes it's one in every 10 matches. Other times 2 or 3 matches in a row.
Either way the problem is PUG's having no idea you have to work together and not wander off in to the distance.

I pointed that ages ago, but OP was very clear that he believed it was fact *shrug*

“You cannot reason a man out of a position he has not reasoned himself into.” – Benjamin Franklin

#134 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 24 January 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

You have a 46% win rate and you are sick of losing? I'd say you are doing quite well as a PUG! You are winning almost half of your matches!

#135 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 24 January 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

If I drop in a 4 group we almost always win. If I drop as a pug it depends on what time it is. During european afternoon there wont really be groups on so pugging is very viable, at primetime you'll lose more often than not. That's my experience (~2000 games played)

Hey Joseph, you should also tell this guy what he's doing wrong. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

#136 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostCygnusX7, on 24 January 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

Either way the problem is PUG's having no idea you have to work together and not wander off in to the distance.

That is brand new players you are talking about. Anyone with some matches done will not do that. Because you will find out pretty fast that it does not work. The problem is degenerates with overlapping ECM on voice com. ******* that should be in the 8 vs 8 que.

#137 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Or quit whining yes.

#138 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Only thing that saves him is the word "probably" he put in the header.

So, you got 31 post...and of course all from people you dont know, and OF COURSE you checked EVERYONE of them for the truth of never being in a premade? Yes, of course you did "blink-blink".

Here a 100% correct 3 step program for you:

- make a new account...its free.
- take a trial mech...
- make 10 matches...and please give you best!

from those 10 matches, 9 or 8 are lost..thats a fact...a point you can write behind your ears. Makes less work than your smartlooking sheets, and you can feel it directly.

Its people like you who delay any work on the PUG'ing players with that kind of posts.

Fact you can rage about: There are more paying customers playing PUG then there are in Premades. Just listen the TS on NGNG-Server for less that an hour to discover this and how people even talk about PUG'ers when they are in chat with friends, they get names even a dog would be ashamed of.

Tis about time to stop using PUG'ers as a filler in between gaps and let them play against each other WITHOUT any premades in between. How about that?

Just how often do you log in and get the message "premade on the other side" even BEFORE the game starts?? Hmmm? Only thing you can do then is vomit...

#139 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

View PostThirdstar, on 24 January 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

64% win rate... Stomping... LOL.

#140 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

View PostIlwrath, on 24 January 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

That is brand new players you are talking about. Anyone with some matches done will not do that. Because you will find out pretty fast that it does not work. The problem is degenerates with overlapping ECM on voice com. ******* that should be in the 8 vs 8 que.

My last two games were people spreading all over the place and/or standing in front of two LRM stalkers in the open.

Derp

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users