Have You Taken Advantage Of The Weekend Dragon Mc Offer?

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Dragon Poll (298 member(s) have cast votes)

20% MC off a substandard mech that isn't expensive with Cbills anyway. YOUIN?

1. Yes (7 votes [2.35%])

Percentage of vote: 2.35%

2. No (291 votes [97.65%])

Percentage of vote: 97.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostFeetwet, on 26 January 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

No, saw the sale got excited. Read the details...closed game.

The only item I am less likely to spend mc on is a mech I can purchase with cbills. Ridiculous sale.

S

Think of the children!

#82 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Not a particular fan of Dragons, and already have the one I want, so no. My MC is better spent on premium time to stack with my FANG, or to accelerate the grind in other new-to-me mechs.

#83 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postslayerkdm, on 26 January 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

First, there are many timezones. Second, succesful doesnt mean CEO. Third, dont you think people who work and are making a decent living like to stay up late and play games?

Yes, this stuff is obvious. My post was meant to imply that you don't actually need to be "successful" to spend a few dollars on mechwarrior now and then. I can easilly go to a bar and spend $60.00 on myself in a night. That amount of money will go a long way in this game for example. I make lower middle income wages. While I'm not worried about rent, I wouldn't call myself "successful"

Edited by verybad, 26 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#84 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostMontavious, on 26 January 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Another shameless money grab attempt. But they did it because they know there are some lazy ppl out there that would rather spend real money on things rather than grind it. So I guess its a win/win for them.

Time is money. One of the things most hated by gamers is grinding. Because grinding isn't about learning or getting better, it's about playing the game until you are just barely this side of sick of it, just so that you can enjoy it more.

#85 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I may buy dragon at some point... with C-Bills like my other mechs.

#86 elde

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

I can understand if people want to pay for mechs with MC if they have no time or regular crew to play with, and wanting to get a shortcut from the grind.

Personally, I'd rather see a discount from the hero mechs, or a combined c-bills/mc sale on certain chassis. I was almost excited to get a Fang or a Flame, but realised this sale only meant the regular mechs, and kept my money.

Anyway, I'm happy to see these kinds of weekend events (2X exp weekend, mech sale weekend) in MWO - keep them coming!

#87 Protoculture

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostMegalosauroid, on 26 January 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Since mechs are so expensive in MC the only ones that are worth spending it on are hero mechs because they speed up the grind and mean you dont have to buy more MC.

No, they cost too much. Yes, the grind is high even with bonuses.

EDIT: How come there wasn't a 3rd option "AHAHAHAHAHA, Really??"

Edited by Protoculture, 27 January 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#88 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Voted No, primarily as I paid for my dragons with MC when the hero variants weren't included and the bonus option wasn't provided. I have no qualms as a personal choice about supporting PGI with real money, this since I consider it benefits MWO development.

Edited by Noesis, 27 January 2013 - 03:32 AM.

#89 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

I luckily have a very enjoyable mech to grind Cbills with so not buying anything

#90 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Just dont have the money - Grinding is real slow now too.

#91 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Have already spent a forturne on MWO already and after the last patch it will for the most part make it through a match. Support has tried their best. No more money at least for this month. I think i have spent more on this than i did my car this month. is that good or bad?

#92 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I have not because I already own the 3 variants I like. I am however the overworked casual gamer with more money than time that PGI will make their money from and may buy additional chassis in the future. To those who think I'm stupid for spending IRL money on something I can earn in game, if a mech costs me $5 to earn vs 10 hours of game play it's absolutely worth it for me. I play a couple hours a week and speeding up the acquisition of something I want by a month or two is more than worth $5 to me.

However, it seems to me that a lot of people are missing the point of this sale. It's all about developing the final pricing model for MWO. On the basis that people like sales and hate price increases PGI set the initial prices at the high end of what they think people might be willing to pay. In some cases they have been absolutely correct in their pricing (hero mechs) and in others these initial prices have been too high to generate sufficient revenue (paint, cosmetic items, non-hero mechs). So, PGI is most likely beginning the process of offering various sales on these items to determine the true market value of them.

In addition, PGI will most likely begin rolling out additional purcahsing options and modifying existing ones to maximize profit. So, I suspect PGI will begin offering paint packages, chassis packs (3 for the price of 2 or some such), and bulk XP to GXP conversion rates as means of generating additional revenues. PGI may also decide to permit the purchase of weapons and XL engines with MC as well as they are something that the busy gamer may choose to purchase rather than grind out the cbills for. I would also anticipate changes to the premium model either with additional benefits, lower prices (unlikely), or changing premium time to be bought per hour of in match time.

Thanks for reading my opinions on this matter.

#93 Zero Neutral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I can't get in game atm. Could some one please inform me on whether this sale affects the Double Dragon hero mechs?

#94 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I think that the OP doesn't understand the utility of the Dragon. This fast mech can flank an enemy attack line or provide defense against other fast mechs.

#95 ProtoformX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostSmudge504, on 26 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

absolutely not, this was the worse 'offer' ever thought up.... 20% off Cbills would have been nice. only people with more money than sense would buy a none hero mech with MC it's a waste...

Just because someone has more money and less time than you doesn't mean they lack common sense. Be happy that many people will pour money into this game and keep food on the dev's tables(and, inherently, working on THIS game). The pay players need the free players to play with, and the free players need the pay players to keep the servers running. It's just the way of things.

#96 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I will be purchasing a Flame for certain. I am salivating over the ability to drive an AC/20 at high speed over the battlefield. I wonder what I should name it.

#97 Kaox Veed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Already have all the base variants and Flame.

#98 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostZero Neutral, on 27 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

I think that the OP doesn't understand the utility of the Dragon. This fast mech can flank an enemy attack line or provide defense against other fast mechs.

View PostZero Neutral, on 27 January 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

RVN-3L CPLT-K2 CPLT-A1 CPLT-C4 STK-3F STK-3H AS7-D(F) AS7-D-DC

Praising the "utility" of the underdog... with the sig displaying all the current cheese mechs?

Smooth :( .

#99 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,029 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I did not. I bought one for CBills. :(

#100 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

I would have considered it for pretty much any other chassis. I am not against the idea, $5 bucks for a mech seems quite reasonable. I just dont like the Dragon. I will level it eventually, when every one chassis is leveled.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users