Have You Taken Advantage Of The Weekend Dragon Mc Offer?

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Dragon Poll (298 member(s) have cast votes)

20% MC off a substandard mech that isn't expensive with Cbills anyway. YOUIN?

1. Yes (7 votes [2.35%])

Percentage of vote: 2.35%

2. No (291 votes [97.65%])

Percentage of vote: 97.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Gaeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostMontavious, on 26 January 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

No, I meant lazy. Just because you have a few bucks to throw at a game doesnt make you successful.

Having more disposable income than free time is the target demographic of 'free to play' games. IE, successful people.

#42 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

what's really funny about this thread is that it reflects an increasing trend; in-game I'm seeing and speaking to people who have taken advantage of it, yet the forums in general are full of nay sayers and complainers... no wonder the devs pay less and less attention to the forum

#43 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostGaeb, on 26 January 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Having more disposable income than free time is the target demographic of 'free to play' games. IE, successful people.

Yes, it's obvious that there are a lot of very successful (possibly CEOs?) playing this game at 2 AM on Fridays...

#44 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

First, there are many timezones. Second, succesful doesnt mean CEO. Third, dont you think people who work and are making a decent living like to stay up late and play games?

#45 Amber Meltdown

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNW NORAM

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

View Postjrgong, on 26 January 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

THINK OF THE SAVINGS

I think you got that wrong. It's supposed to be "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

#46 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Meh I already have 48 million C-Bills and still have not activated my premium time and spent a single MC. No point in spending MC now.

Edited by RiceyFighter, 26 January 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#47 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostRed squirrel, on 26 January 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

But then it allows you to use an XL enigine without any disadvantages

Meh.

Posted Image

Edited by General Taskeen, 26 January 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#48 Viper217

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Of all the things to spend MC on in MWO, a mech is the worst choice to buy. 250 mc for a day of premium will get you the mech in no time and mechbays require MC, which are needed. I even need to pick up 2 more dragons sometime to elite my 1C, was hoping when I saw dragon sale on the mainpage is was 20% off cbill cost too... no such luck.

Edited by Viper217, 26 January 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#49 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

No. I already have a Flame and a DRG-1N. Need to buy more mechbays first if I'm gonna buy another Dragon, and don't have the MC for that at the moment, nor the cash in my budget for more MC right now. If I did then I would probably get a third Dragon, yes.

#50 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostApoc1138, on 26 January 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

what's really funny about this thread is that it reflects an increasing trend; in-game I'm seeing and speaking to people who have taken advantage of it, yet the forums in general are full of nay sayers and complainers... no wonder the devs pay less and less attention to the forum

Heaven forbid someone make a value judgement. No can't have that.

Obey! The Only Good Choice Is The One Apoc Mandates.

Yeeeesh.

#51 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

No, because I own 2 regular and one hero dragon already. They got my MC heh.

#52 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

They have a fantastically untalented marketing team that is obviously disconnected with the game and lead by an alcoholic baboon.

Whoever thought that a 20% MC sale is going to stimulate significant sales of Dragons is obviously smoking something strong. New players are not going to spend MC on a new game when they would be able to buy their Dragon after about 5-10 matches with their massive C-Bill cadet bonus. And as far as consistent player-base goes–Dragons and Awesomes for sale with MC are literally the most inelastic products in the game.

No one needs Dragons for MC be the focal point of this here presentation.

Edited by Antony Weiner, 26 January 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#53 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

This sale just makes very little sense. People who like dragons already have them. People who don't won't spend MC on them, no matter what the cost. There is a very small set of people who this would apply to, and I doubt any new players really would want one after suffering the stock 5n (I'm so very sorry.)

You know what would make more sense though, is just putting the 4 trial mechs on discount every time. That way you could test it out before committing money, and already have XP towards the chassis.

#54 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Oh those poor, poor, misguided 2 people.

Actually no, THEY are the smart shoppers! In fact, for such intellectuals, I have a special deal. You see fellas, theres $500,000,000 tied up in my Nigerian bank account...

#55 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostFenix0742, on 26 January 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

This sale just makes very little sense. People who like dragons already have them. People who don't won't spend MC on them, no matter what the cost. There is a very small set of people who this would apply to, and I doubt any new players really would want one after suffering the stock 5n (I'm so very sorry.)

You know what would make more sense though, is just putting the 4 trial mechs on discount every time. That way you could test it out before committing money, and already have XP towards the chassis.

Well, what are you going to do when you have no talent and fail to research the very products and markets you are working on.

Seriously, the marketing department chief for this game needs to be fired.

#56 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Just like the initial GRAB DEAL and the first batch of holiday items/paints, the value for money is way too low to even consider those.

At such cost, those aren't microtransactions. And Dragons are barely mechs, more like cars that give the enemy team a Catapult to roll you with.

#57 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

"*Does not include Hero Mechs"

Does not spend real money.

#58 Smudge504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNewcaslte Upon Tyne

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

absolutely not, this was the worse 'offer' ever thought up.... 20% off Cbills would have been nice. only people with more money than sense would buy a none hero mech with MC it's a waste...

#59 Sinthrow

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 78 posts

I am waiting on some game balancing issue before I am ready to spend any more money. but 20% or 50% off on Flame or Fang that would be tempting.

#60 Gaeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • 310 posts

View Postverybad, on 26 January 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Yes, it's obvious that there are a lot of very successful (possibly CEOs?) playing this game at 2 AM on Fridays...

Hah, not really getting my point. The original post I replied to called people who spend money on mechs lazy. Given there are plenty of people out there with a college degree, a six figure job, a number of responsibilities, and a limited amount of free time playing video games who can afford to spend a few hundred bucks a month on whatever they feel like - I wouldn't call such folks 'lazy'. ;) Oh darn, they don't have an extra 30-60 hours a week to grind mechs because they're busy making the money that gets the devs paid and makes the game possible ... those slackers! :P

Just amused at the 'lazy' quote. "Gosh, you have money to spend to take short cuts, you must be lazy!"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users