Guide

66 replies to this topic

#61 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostIceman486, on 20 September 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

LRM's don't require skill any idiot can hide behind cover and kill a mech. They aren't designed to be a main use weapon. anyone that boats them and uses them as primary weapons are kdr **** that ruin the game for everyone. Boat lasers and ballistics and see how terrible you really are.

and you missed the point of this whole thred witch is to make peaple beater at both useing lrms and defending them selfs from lrm fire

#62 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostIceman486, on 20 September 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

LRM's don't require skill any idiot can hide behind cover and kill a mech. They aren't designed to be a main use weapon. anyone that boats them and uses them as primary weapons are kdr **** that ruin the game for everyone. Boat lasers and ballistics and see how terrible you really are.

If you observed the first post, I talk about not just using LRMs, but using them effectively.

If you wish to see how I use LRMs personally, you are welcomed to group up with me. Actually, I'd request you join a match of Stock Mech Monday (and get into a stock mech) and see how I operate there where I might have an LRM20 launcher with only 2 tons of ammo.

LRMs are far more than just "standing out back, and lob LRMs indirectly". Yes, LRMs are capable of that. But to use LRMs well it's as much firing indirectly as it is getting your own locks and shooting on targets. Some of it, if you don't "spray and pray" and waste ammo, is actually knowing when to shoot for effect, and when to shoot knowing your LRMs will hit.

Unlike other weapons in the game, there are many ways to use LRMs. Shooting them indirectly from cover is only but one small aspect of the system, and normally the only aspect many players seem to think of when they consider LRMs. LRMs are far more than just that one aspect.

To use, LRMs are easy. To use well is a different question.

View PostBattlestar3k, on 20 September 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

your PM insults dont require any skill too, how about that? what ****** unit do u work for? Insult people via PM, is that the only skill u have? shitlooser deinstall this game, u have been reported for n000bish insults and flame around in the forums?

GROW UP KID our L2P!!!!

Looks like I missed something here? (I'd suggest you take PM insults to support/report them rather than letting it spill into the forums. I'm not sure what the ToS are for such situations, so be careful.)

#63 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:51 AM

View PostTesunie, on 20 September 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

If you observed the first post, I talk about not just using LRMs, but using them effectively.

If you wish to see how I use LRMs personally, you are welcomed to group up with me. Actually, I'd request you join a match of Stock Mech Monday (and get into a stock mech) and see how I operate there where I might have an LRM20 launcher with only 2 tons of ammo.

LRMs are far more than just "standing out back, and lob LRMs indirectly". Yes, LRMs are capable of that. But to use LRMs well it's as much firing indirectly as it is getting your own locks and shooting on targets. Some of it, if you don't "spray and pray" and waste ammo, is actually knowing when to shoot for effect, and when to shoot knowing your LRMs will hit.

Unlike other weapons in the game, there are many ways to use LRMs. Shooting them indirectly from cover is only but one small aspect of the system, and normally the only aspect many players seem to think of when they consider LRMs. LRMs are far more than just that one aspect.

To use, LRMs are easy. To use well is a different question.

Looks like I missed something here? (I'd suggest you take PM insults to support/report them rather than letting it spill into the forums. I'm not sure what the ToS are for such situations, so be careful.)

you are right, report has been sent, rest should be taken care off by the support.

#64 Iceman486

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFlorence

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

why even run full lrm's anyway. THe Stalker 5s and the Catapult A1 should be the only exception right now in game that should be running majority lrm's everything else is a waste of tonnage and reliability for other teammates. How about equip a ******* laser or ballistic and quit being a ***** hiding in the back in an assault and actually do what the **** you were designed to do Pansy asses.

#65 CaptainDeez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:01 AM

LRMs require skill to use if your opponents have any. Otherwise it's shooting fish in a bucket. ;)

#66 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Thread needs a bump. It's a great description of how to use a terribly misunderstood weapon system that turned the game around for me. It fits what I do well, which ain't much in the current meta, and rewards a slower-paced and more deliberative style.

LRMs need skills to use, yes. Just different skills than ballistics, lasers, or PPCs. There's more to them than hanging out at the back of the map and hosing anything you can lock for a half second.

My best results are in an A1 or C1 Catapult with ALRM15s, working within shouting distance of the brawlers. For me, the fun is the self-propelled artillery game, dodging in and out of cover and trying to line up a couple well placed salvos to help out brawlers having a tough time. My most enjoyable matches are ones where I rack up over six assists regardless of raw damage numbers or personal kills credited to me, because I know I helped my brawlers succeed by stripping off some armor or doing some damage. I try to get my own locks (I have never asked anyone to press "R") and now pack a UAV where possible, or TAG if I have the hardpoints (A1 Catapults don't). I always pack some kind of close in weapons, usually multiple MLs or SSRM2 to help in a pinch.

Active support is where it's at.

#67 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:08 AM

If someone puts up a UAV? Target ECM mechs first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users