158 replies to this topic

#21 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Still waiting on the definition of Etics.

#22 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I assume you have bough hero mechs (or really any ingame purchase); I await your tears when they get 're-architected'.

Edited by Monky, 05 February 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#23 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I had enough MC left over to repaint all my mechs, and purchase a Pretty Baby. Whoo!

#24 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

That is fine for you, however some people don't have an infinite amount of money to throw at the game. In addition, it highlights the flaming of the OP - a lack of ability to sympathize. Empathy is kind of critical when discussing ethics.

#25 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostMonky, on 05 February 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

No, they refunded the MC cost of the original purchase, took the original purchase out of his inventory, and implimented the exact same item for a much higher total cost (including colors and the pattern) - if you have the pc gamer skins you still have (approx) the right colors, but that is a purchase in itself.

They also made the higher MC purchase grant the camo for every 'mech of that type, and the paint purchases unlock for all eternity - no more repurchases of same colours, no more repurchases of same patterns (for same 'mech chassis).

In the long run, the OP is going to be better off even though it might sting for just the one 'mech.

#26 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Posted Image

#27 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

As has been pointed out...

1- Everybody was refunded
2- One-time applications actually seem to be cheaper now

I don't see how you're worse off now. Do bear in mind you had one-time applications before only...

#28 Stunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Poor PGI.. had they not refunded the money with these changes they would of received a lot of complaints about how now some paint jobs are now cheaper than before and it wasn't fair that they paid more money. So now they do the smart move and refund everyone and allow them to reconfigure (which technically is cooler since they've added more camo's) and now people are complaining that they have to do it over.

#29 Guppy

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

There have been a few posts along these lines and I have to sympathize. What if they "re-architected" mech bays such that they cost 2000mc but stowed 10 mechs. Awesome says the guy who had 20 mechs, I just saved 2000mc. Not so sweet for the guy that had 2.

I think the same thing is at play here. Folks who put up real money to paint one or two mechs, and had no interest in painting others, are feeling like they got the shaft. I have to say, I think they did. For those folks I think they should get their paint jobs back or a real refund of real cash. Not the MC "refund" everyone seems to enjoy pointing out that they got...

I spent a few of my founders MC to paint one of my favorite mechs, I plan on doing it again, but it's not the same for a young kid or cash strapped player that put in just enough to do the same.

My .02,
scott.

#30 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 05 February 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

I work my butt off to have discretionary money to blow on booze, gambling, tobacco, and MWO.

Why ON EARTH should I empathize with someone who cries because they don't have the same dollars?

I think it is ridiculous that you imply I should - if you want to spend more money on MWO, but think things are too expensive, GO EARN MORE MONEY.
Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

#31 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Another one? Really?

Posted Image

#32 Stringburka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 05 February 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY.

No, they didn't. Their refund is in the form of a gift card to buy other stuff from them. If I paid 5 bucks to get my atlas in gold, and then they say "hey, we've changed the price now - it costs 15 bucks and we'll remove the color you had", I expect to get 5 bucks back - not a value that's locked to their store.

#33 Suprentus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I swear, some of you people look for the stupidest things to complain about.

#34 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostBulu, on 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

so,if i want my franken atlas back i cant have it because now it cost me much more.ive already purchased the franken colors, they were mine and they dont have the moral right to undo the deal without my permision. dont care if i agreed or not somewhere

Actually they do... read the TOS.

#35 thegimp73

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think some number clarification would help, if anyone could please post the previous price for phranken it would help me to understand. I haven't bought any color or camo so have no idea what the previous price was. However the current price for a single use is 125 mc. Was the previous price more or less, as the previous was also a single use. If you are attempting to compare your refund to the current permanent unlock price then I would have to say you are completely in the wrong, as the previous was only a single use and can only be compared with the current single use price.

#36 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Never bothered with paint & patterns so let me see if I got this right.

OP bought MC and used it on a pattern. PGI re-set paints & patterns and refunded the MC spent. OP repurchased the same pattern for his mech with MC again at the one time cost and had some MC left cause it is now cheaper.

OP is complaining that he can't get that leftover MC refunded?

If so, I sympathise but they sell MC in fixed package amounts which almost guarantees leftover unused MC. You really shouldn't be surprised that the balance is not being refunded cash-wise. Anyway, just hold on to it till you want to buy another pattern. Since you already made a decision to buy one, it is highly likely you would want another.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 05 February 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#37 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Etic: [color=#000000]of, relating to, or involving analysis of cultural phenomena from the perspective of one who does not participate in the culture being studied — compare Emic. From www.merriam-webster.com[/color]

#38 Hekalite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

The prices are all obscenely high. Simple solution...don't buy anything. If you cave and buy at these rates they will continue to price gouge.

#39 Davion5150

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostGuppy, on 05 February 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

There have been a few posts along these lines and I have to sympathize. What if they "re-architected" mech bays such that they cost 2000mc but stowed 10 mechs. Awesome says the guy who had 20 mechs, I just saved 2000mc. Not so sweet for the guy that had 2.

I think the same thing is at play here. Folks who put up real money to paint one or two mechs, and had no interest in painting others, are feeling like they got the shaft. I have to say, I think they did. For those folks I think they should get their paint jobs back or a real refund of real cash. Not the MC "refund" everyone seems to enjoy pointing out that they got...

I spent a few of my founders MC to paint one of my favorite mechs, I plan on doing it again, but it's not the same for a young kid or cash strapped player that put in just enough to do the same.

My .02,
scott.

So well put. Unfortunately it will just pass right over the heads of the white-knighters.

#40 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostDavion5150, on 05 February 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

So well put. Unfortunately it will just pass right over the heads of the white-knighters.

Unless you're white knighting for paupers! :P

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users