Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#6181 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

I don't see why all the nerd rage over DisQord anyway. Lauren made him in Q's image, John voiced him as only he would, the animators and sound editors adjusted the effects around him to be Q-like. The fans took him to be his own character, but with the possibility of being more then just the avatar of pony chaos. Is someone says they are the same, there are enough parallels to draw on. If someone says they are different, they are. Just enough with the hostilities. Pointless rage is reserved for the trolls and petty bickering is the prevue of the pony companies.

#6182 SgtPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

http://www.kotaku.co...m-up-in-action/

FIGHT

#6183 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostChuxsux, on 28 July 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Is that a dead pony in the urn if so more need to join that one soon

Hey. Just wanna let you know that trolling/flaming the pony thread is a possibly bannable offense, as per forum rules. So if you don't like pony, avoid this thread and you'll be fine.

We require additional ponies!

Posted Image

#6184 Moosehead

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostFros7bite, on 29 July 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Simple.

That's the Munchkin IA by MinMax Industries

#6185 Johannes Falkner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 442 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

It's also guaranteed to shut down on the first alpha strike. With a whiny foul mouthed ******* spouting jibberish like "Lol, you just ROFL Stomped ******" and asking questions like "How do I teabag this guy's corpse?" . It will only have enough heatsinks to not explode on the alpha (some variants may not..). Also said ******* pilot will complain and call you a Haxxor when you either line up a head shot or rear armor kill while he is shut down.

Posted Image
Just don't anger Gamer Luna, or you might not like the consequences.

#6186 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostFros7bite, on 29 July 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

is htere a dkadaka version, and need to be poniefied!

also more ponies, mhh lets give some dawwww

by
Toxic-Mario

Posted Imagemuffin in this

Edited by Fuzzyhead, 29 July 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#6187 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6188 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

but its 11pm here

favorite princess with my favorite BG pony, well she have more airtime as Applejack, sooo...

HAVE SOME PONY

Posted Image

#6189 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yeah its pretty late but there is allways time for ponies. And i could watch Lesson Zero over and over again.

Posted Image

Edited by Grayson Pryde, 29 July 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#6190 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

As many people might now know, there's going to be an MLP comic.

I figured I'd preview some of the cover art for you.

Posted Image

#6191 Grayson Ward

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostBasselope, on 28 July 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

BUT had you done your homework, you would have found the interview of him done by 2 of the MLP internet radio stations. And in those interviews he states....VERY CLEARLY...."He did not base Discord off Q". He used the same attitude, but that's it. The 2 characters are not alike as you make them out to be.

There are some misunderstandings.
At the time Mr. DeLancie voiced Discord he wasn't even sure what he made. Don't mix voice actors with producers.
However, the staff of MLP just wanted a char like Q, so they wanted Mr. DeLancie at best and they got him.

#6192 Smokem Jags

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Shirt I was wearing to the Nvidia event... when team 13 WON THE TOURNAMENT WHOOO (I was on team 13)
Posted Image

Some art I've had commissioned. Not WoT related, Panzer Corps actually, but I'm going to have to get some Pony Mech Art commissioned soon!
Posted Image

#6193 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

#6194 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

lol

#6195 Ricama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 25 July 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

I'm gone for two days and that's what this topic turns into...
I want to note that I'm completely innocent! ;)

I could say something about it, but since the drama has just stopped, I'm not going to reignite that debate...
Anyway, it is unfortunate, but both units seem to be american... *checks location* *sigh*
Seems like I'll have to make do without a pony-unit, but even if you had european-regiments within your units, I'm not going to pick sides before I've met people from both parties in a match and fought with/against them...
Before I join any unit, I wanna know the people I'm going to be fighting with, I need to have an idea of how you guys fight before I'll decide if I want to wage war with/against you.

That said, maybe I should organize the Haters and form a pony-crusher-unit just so you guys have something else than each other to focus your anger on and we can finally rid this topic of the repeating hostilities between the ELP and EQRG...
... and no I don't care who started it, which most of the last few pages seem to be about... -.-

Oh please don't, we'll have enough Haters to deal with as it is, we don't need to invent more.

#6196 Ricama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostWatchit, on 26 July 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

They've got threads in merc corp recruiting ;)

Also, who is ready for Olympic pony fan art?

Posted Image

P.S. I didn't make this.

Oh god, when I realized Pinky was doing ski jumping at the summer Olympics I nearly died!

#6197 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostSmokem Jags, on 29 July 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Shirt I was wearing to the Nvidia event... when team 13 WON THE TOURNAMENT WHOOO (I was on team 13)

Details, my good man. Details!

#6198 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostSmokem Jags, on 29 July 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

Some art I've had commissioned. Not WoT related, Panzer Corps actually, but I'm going to have to get some Pony Mech Art commissioned soon!
Posted Image

need to order that shirt, and thats a KV1-S, the S is for sport ;)

#6199 Ricama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostSnapster, on 28 July 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Back in my days, MLP wasn't like that. I really don't get the "cult" in the first place. I'm not expressing hatred or anything, I'm just not understanding how grown men can band together and express their liking to a cartoon aimed for little girls. That is all.

The key to understanding it is abandoning the assumption that just because it's about girls it is only for girls.

My Little Pony is about a group of strong, independent girls with well written character flaws. It shows us that even true friends have personality clashes, there are some people in this world you are just not going to click with no matter how hard you try, and you can be afraid of lightning and still be tough. It is good old fashioned fable based storytelling with a well built excuse for expressing the moral of the story which by the way is some of the best storytelling I've seen in any series and I've seen a lot of them. Most of the stories involve accepting the flaws in other and trying to overcome your own, or recognizing the people who will not put in the effort to help themselves.

I'm going to stop now to keep from just ranting for an entire page.

#6200 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostSnapster, on 28 July 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Back in my days, MLP wasn't like that. I really don't get the "cult" in the first place. I'm not expressing hatred or anything, I'm just not understanding how grown men can band together and express their liking to a cartoon aimed for little girls. That is all.

Back in your day, MLP WAS aimed for little girls, but we're not talking about the older show, and the fandom definitely doesn't revolve around it.

Perhaps try this on for size:

- New MLP is actually a good show catered to the entire family vs a singular demographic.
- Adults with an open mind and an appreciation for classic cartoons, gives the new show a chance.
- Adults end up liking the show. They share with friends.
- Close-minded, egotistical adults don't watch the show for fears of their own perception.
- Close-minded, egotistical adults see fans of the show as an easy target to assert their dominance.
- Adults that like the show band together to overwhelm the negative comments from the dominance driven haters.
- The bond is strengthened by sharing art, music, and creative content with eachother.
Thus:
- Bronies happened.

If people wouldn't attack people based off stereotypes, there wouldn't be an issue.

If any other cartoon nowadays had the same dedication as the team behind FiM, nobody would bat an eye.

If Lauren Faust did an amazing relaunch of Courage the Cowardly Dog, nobody would judge someone for liking the show.

But noooooooo. Just because the title is, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic," all merits of its quality go right out the window, and people just default to, "You watch what show? What are you a pedophile or something?"

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users