• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostCaptain Wolfus Maximus, on 12 August 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Three Things.
#1 You lost a week? I lost like maybe a month or two. (Only could read it at night don't ask)
#2 You right. It is darker than WH40k (how that is possible I have no idea)
#3 If you check EQD you would know that they made Hard Back Copy's of Fallout Equestria in volume form

Last Thing to anyone on this forum.
Is Project Horizon any good?

I'm enjoying PH a ton.

I loved Fallout Equestra, but after analizing it a bit, the characters are well, barely characters, there's enough motivation and whatnot,b ut FOE by Kkat is really just a fun run of pony's thrown into fallout.

FoE:PH takes that concept and gives some real depth to the characters, Blackjack shares a bit on common with LilPip, but she's got a completely different motivation than Pip. Every companion you run into in PH is broken, each is a full, fleshed out character.

Sure PH jumps the shark in some places, and there's more popculture references than you can shake a wiskey bottle at. but that doesn't mean it's bad in any way, in fact, I'd almost say PH is "Better" than FOE... if only because I personally feel the characters are better than the ones we got in the original.

just note, just like everyone, mileage may vary...

#6442 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

View PostCaptain Wolfus Maximus, on 12 August 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Three Things.
#1 You lost a week? I lost like maybe a month or two. (Only could read it at night don't ask)
#2 You right. It is darker than WH40k (how that is possible I have no idea)
#3 If you check EQD you would know that they made Hard Back Copy's of Fallout Equestria in volume form

Last Thing to anyone on this forum.
Is Project Horizon any good?

Well, I honestly can't remember if it took me a week or 3 weeks to read it - I just know that my life basically consisted of work and reading for that time span.

And as Jade said, Project Horizon is definitely worth a read - there's a reason that Kkat has deemed it canon to the original FOE. A word of warning though...there are some parts that are darker than even FOE, and there's one part that...well, you'll know it when you reach it. But I think those parts add even more to the characters because of the way the story handles them (rather than them being violent simply for the shock value or something).

#6443 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostKasai Oni, on 13 August 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Well, I honestly can't remember if it took me a week or 3 weeks to read it - I just know that my life basically consisted of work and reading for that time span.

And as Jade said, Project Horizon is definitely worth a read - there's a reason that Kkat has deemed it canon to the original FOE. A word of warning though...there are some parts that are darker than even FOE, and there's one part that...well, you'll know it when you reach it. But I think those parts add even more to the characters because of the way the story handles them (rather than them being violent simply for the shock value or something).

I fully endorse PH, it's a very well done story. You also need to read Murky Number Seven, as I think that is one of the best FOE stories out there. I'm also enjoying Heros and would recommend it. The only real problem I have will all three of these stories is that they aren't finished yet! I hate waiting for the next chapter to appear.

For an excellent story that is finished, read Pink Eyes.

www.fallout-equestria.com is the resource I use to find stories mostly. Though most of these have links from EQD as well.

--Mav

#6444 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostFros7bite, on 13 August 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

Please tell me he was joking. PH is amazing.

That who was joking? I think PH is awesome, and I haven't seen a post in here saying otherwise! :P

#6445 Ian Moon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostOrion Starion, on 13 August 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I'm also enjoying Heros and would recommend it.

I'm reading heroes atm myself, and I'll agree it's pretty good so far. Unfortunately since I edit pony fanfics, and enforce proper use of ellipses, that story makes me want to gouge my eyes out at times. No one on the internet uses ellipses right! That and the writing in heroes gets on my nerves in other ways as well. The author has a really bad habit of using too many 1 word sentences. One here and there is fine when done right, but you'll find 3 or 4 in the same paragraph at times, and it just becomes annoying. The curse of being an editor of pony fics, I can't enjoy them nearly as well anymore since all I see are errors.

Also, due to the lack of ponies of late ... gimme 5 to find one not posted in my folder.

Posted Image

There goes my computer temporarily hating on images again. They'll be back in time, stupid computer.

Edited by Ian Moon, 13 August 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#6446 Mechwarrior Of Rock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationERROR 404

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostKasai Oni, on 13 August 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Darker than the original!? Now I have to read this.

#6447 Memo The Rat

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 58 posts
  • LocationLafayette, Georgia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Eh. I'm working my way through FoE. it'll take me less than a week total to complete it at this rate. (i'm on vacation. reading and the gun range and games are all i'm doing.)

its hard to explain why i both like the book, and hate it. but since i'm on the internet and that means everyone is entitled to my opinion, i'm gonna try anyway.

the book is not without its flaws, but they can all be overlooked for the most part. I can find nothing in it so far (almost halfway through.) the characters are well enough written that they kind of stick with you and almost make you feel attached to them and all that, and there is plenty to keep you occupied connecting dots. its an engrossing little (ok, fracking huge.) yarn that is honestly far better than some of the fiction books sitting on my shelves at home.

what makes me hate it has nothing to do with the writing. its the dark that makes me hate it. I like me some dark fiction, but don't mess with muh pony. I am aware that the 'love and tolerate!' mantra is no more than eluded to in the show and that's just fine. in both FoE and the actual show its more about learning about yerselves and others and overcoming your problems.

but my god the dark. the evil, sick, perverse, M-to AO rated dark. It disturbs me to see the colorful talking ponies of 'Dawwww' be turned into this. it...actually has a wrongness to it that i can't describe. (edit: well, properly. i suppose a lot of this is me trying to describe it.)

now that i think about it, that's actually saying good things about both MLP:FiM and FoE, isn't it? that a show can cause such warm fuzzy feelings and a book can disturb you so much and still be in the ballpark of 'a good read'

Don't get me wrong though, i am gonna read it all the way through, but by god i will never look into it again afterwards. I prefer the fun-loving carefree to the point of being ludicrous any day over the.......dark human nature added to the world in this book.

Edited by Memo The Rat, 14 August 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#6448 Scoots

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

May I present to you :Princess Celestias new Praetorian Guard
Posted Image

#6449 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostIan Moon, on 13 August 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

I'm reading heroes atm myself, and I'll agree it's pretty good so far. Unfortunately since I edit pony fanfics, and enforce proper use of ellipses, that story makes me want to gouge my eyes out at times. No one on the internet uses ellipses right! That and the writing in heroes gets on my nerves in other ways as well. The author has a really bad habit of using too many 1 word sentences. One here and there is fine when done right, but you'll find 3 or 4 in the same paragraph at times, and it just becomes annoying. The curse of being an editor of pony fics, I can't enjoy them nearly as well anymore since all I see are errors.

:: chuckle:: I'm not an editor, and I'm a terrible speller, but yes, the pony fics seem to be especially bad in the spelling and small grammar mistakes. I can usually sus out the meaning easily enough but I keep wanting to go in and edit because of the errors. If I wasn't such a laborious reader I'd join an editing team. I'd hate to slow down the process to badly though.

#6450 Laconte

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationA fortified Igloo

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

I WANT TO PAINT PONIES ON MY MECH!
I WANT TO ADORN MY MECH WITH THE EMBLEM OF THE LUNAR REPUBLIC
WHILST SPORTING THE COLORS OF TWILIGHT SPARKLE!

#6451 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostLaconte, on 14 August 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

I WANT TO PAINT PONIES ON MY MECH!
I WANT TO ADORN MY MECH WITH THE EMBLEM OF THE LUNAR REPUBLIC
WHILST SPORTING THE COLORS OF TWILIGHT SPARKLE!

THATS GREAT!

WHY ARE WE YELLING??????

#6452 Laconte

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationA fortified Igloo

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostMason West, on 14 August 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

THATS GREAT!

WHY ARE WE YELLING??????

CAUSE I AM EXCITED

#6453 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostSouske Sagara, on 07 August 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

My boss caught me (after doing all my side work) drawing faces on the paper bags at work and told me not to do any more doodling unless I can produce some "classy art like you'd put on one of those wood stands." So last night I took her pad of sticky notes and this happened.
Posted Image
My assistant manager almost peed himself laughing. My boss just said, "You win."

..can't see picture....

#6454 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostKraktzor, on 14 August 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

..can't see picture....

cant see your sig B)

#6455 MarshmallowRampage

• PipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Heh, I wonder if we will be able to have our own custom paint jobs for our mechs....

If so Ive got to get the fastest mech possable and put rainbow dash on it....

Hmm, who would/should I put on the centurion, the mech im most likely to use.....

#6456 Arikiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostRizartha, on 14 August 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Heh, I wonder if we will be able to have our own custom paint jobs for our mechs....

If so Ive got to get the fastest mech possable and put rainbow dash on it....

Hmm, who would/should I put on the centurion, the mech im most likely to use.....

When Clan Mechs show up you might want to steal one of their Fire Moths... or as they're known in the Inner Sphere Dashers. They go crazy fast normally but can also boost their speed even more with MASC. All sonic rainboom like. B)

Edited by Arikiel, 14 August 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#6457 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Does anyone know where the cap in numbers of posts for a thread is ?

#6458 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

I doubt this thread will ever cap Basilisk.

#6459 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

View PostRentago, on 15 August 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

some stuff
Posted Image

You are a very sad person!

And because there has not been enough pony on the last pages I give you
Posted Image

and
Posted Image

Edited by Egomane, 15 August 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#6460 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hon. Rentago;

Posted Image

Your post on poor fan behaviors, in this case MLP, was a quick plea for the need for moderation and common courtesy. I thought a bit about it and would like you to address these questions.

One: There is a big internet out there, and rumor has it that other people who like ponies have left horseapples all over it. This thread is dedicated to pony, and these posts are civil and consist of really well made art, music, and conversation. Please point out the pushy, impolite, and immoderate pony posts here on the MWO forums.

Two: Identity. I did not know MLP FIM existed until I came here looking for MWO, and triped over the "Let there be pony" thread. I liked what I saw here and watched the shows to find out what all the fuss is about. This is not a furry subgroup, furry is centered in sexuallity, MLP is not a fetish as that word too has come to imply sexual eccentricity in common use. Is it your contention that liking MLP constitutes a personality breaking meme? I have offered an argument to that effect based on the Tavistokian medium and Monarch references in previous posts. Would you care to ellaborate?

Three: You may have discribed MLP fan behavior at other sites, but there has been no shoving pony down anyone's throats, nor childish attention grabbing tantrums in this Pony themed thread. You probably should refrain from building straw man arguments and turning upon the hypothesized target with ad hominem attacks. It appears to me that you have taken this opportunity to complain to us about the poor behavior of other people elsewhere. Why?

Four: Common sense is, as you have implied, uncommon. As for restricting MWO forum discussions to Battletech. That has not been my experience of any forum topic outside of a structured learning environment, and rarely then. Entertaining conversational feed back loops frequently range far affield of the original topics in figures of speech, metaphores, and comparisons as people with wide ranging differences in language, culture, and personal environmental upbringing attempt to socialize. Do you truly want to sterilize MWO and all things Battletech by precluding the existence of one of the more entertaining threads on these forums?

I understand that you have likely dealt with obnoxious people pushing pony elsewhere. I also appreciate your trying to curb the abuse with an appeal to moderation and respect for others in your previous post. In this instance, I believe you will discover that you have taken the proverbial leap without looking.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 15 August 2012 - 04:46 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users