F2P Players Need A Way To Acquire 'mech Bays Without Buying Mc.

417 replies to this topic

#61 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Its the second thread of that sort this week(maybe there where more but i simply have only seen this 2).
According to you people(the guys who make those threads) WOT has died already. Why? In WOT you also pay for more bays. So, according to your logic WOT has lost its players.

Guys, get a job.

#62 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Almost all of the pertinent points have been beaten so hard that police will have a very tough time identifying the bodies (although it'd make for an interesting Bones episode). I'll just mention one more point.

Do you ever eat out? of course you do. Everyone eats out. So the next time you want to eat out, don't. And then use the $7 you would have spent to buy four--yes four--mech bays, and then you'll both have twice as many mech bays, and you'll have repayed PGI for the hours and hours of entertainment they've given you.

#63 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

If you can't afford the money for MC, this probably will not be your long-term F2P game anyways. I would highly recommend supporting the devs as well, and if you can't, sell your mechs, it's ok. No one will blame you for it.

The only other example of another solution is to do something like 25,000 GXP so it is a crazy grind to unlock one. I do like that idea so at least there is another path, just not cost or time effective use of it.

-S

#64 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Um, yeah. I'm huge on F2P features, and even I see no problem with spending money on mechbays.

If you've been playing the game long enough to earn more than 4 mechs you want to keep, and are still enjoying it, I think that less than 10 dollars is more than fair. I've spent more on games I've gotten way more out of.

I haven't done it yet, but once I need to, I'm most certainly going to buy more mech bays, and I'm going to feel just fine giving money to the devs for it.

#65 Azru

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

MWO's price models is very much based on another f2p game that is quite popular that involves tanks. I can't say for other countries besides the united states but the MC price and the price for gold in the other game are the same, slots for another vehicle are the same, exp converison are the same, and I'm fairly certain the price for premium time is the same(need to patch and see the prem pricing for other game but am too lazy atm).

As far as said other game invovling tanks goes, they are doing pretty well for themselves having just purchased gas power games. So following their model is a sound idea that quite a few people on the forums agree with.

Only thing I wish MWO did the same as the other game as well is giving a mech slot when you buy a hero mech.

Edit: a point to the post.

Edited by Azru, 14 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#66 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I would like to see gxp exchange for much bays convert 300 mc worth of gxp and charge that.

#67 Vapor Trail

• 1,287 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

For once I find myself on the same side of an argument as Malice.

I came into MWO knowing I wouldn't be spending much... so I dropped as much as I could on my founder's pack and figured that'd be it. I figured I'd save the MC and spend all of it on bays. Thirty bays were all I really figured I'd need.

Since then, I've actually bought a couple of camo patterns and several colors. Still haven't bought more MC, and have no immediate plans to. But take bays to Cbill costs and you take one of the major (and it is) profit sources out.

MC only Bays are the cash cow that keeps on giving. The longer the game goes on, the more mech chassis and variants will be introduced. The more of those there are, the more mechbays people will want. The only way to get them? Pay cash. Which is great for the game, great for the publisher, and great for everyone involved.

#68 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think it should be around 20,000,000c-bills per additional mech bay for free players.

#69 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostM A L I C E, on 14 February 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

F2P PLAYERS NEED A WAY TO ACQUIRE 'MECH BAYS WITHOUT BUYING MC.

No they don't.

This thread had no reason to go beyond post two. Malice is correct.

Edited by FactorlanP, 14 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#70 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

NO, without reading 4 pages of crap. cheapest MC package is 7 bucks US. i spend 1.5 ever morning on coffee. all i have to do is say 1 week without coffee, thats 5 mechs bays i think. and theres many ways to save up for MC

#71 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Posted Image

#72 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

lol whats next....gold AC20 rounds?

#73 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

NO!
[REDACTED]
NO NO!
[REDACTED]
HELL NO!!!
You like the game spend a couple of bucks on mechbays instead of eating some McDonalds one day problem solved.

Edited by Biruke, 15 February 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#74 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View PostM A L I C E, on 14 February 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

What my wife and I do in the privacy of our home is no matter to you, good Sir.

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR.

I hope so. It is Valentine's Day, after all!

#75 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 14 February 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

lol whats next....gold AC20 rounds?

Please refer to the post above yours.

#76 KhanCipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Poststjobe, on 14 February 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

MWO is Free to Play, it's not "Free to get everything without ever spending a cent".

Team Fortress 2 would like to have a word with you

#77 Taziar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Mech bays are cheap, so I don't see it as a major issue.

#78 Alphawolf

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 96 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Do you enjoy the game? DO you have fun to the point that you would be willing to pay $7 for some MC? If no then deal with what you have. If yes great I am sure PGI will appreciate the funds. Better yet if you answered no then donate $7 to a charity and feel better about yourself.

#79 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Even the folks saying 'yes' aren't really saying bays should be free, they're just trying to figure out how such a system would work... I'm gonna move on to a new thread now.

#80 Zerbob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

'Mech Bays are one of the few things in this game that I truly believe needs to cost MC. Why? It's cheap, everyone wants them but everybody doesn't need them.

If you are going to be playing a game like this for the amount of time it takes to get 4 fully upgraded 'Mechs, don't you believe you could at least invest $10 in it for a few more 'Mech bays?

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users