141 replies to this topic

#21 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostJAFO, on 19 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Just give us the ability to match up with other teams so we can actually fight other teams. Why is that so hard to do?

I agree...but it seems PGI wants to have complete control over this aspect of the game. Not sure why as other online games view the players and their self-organization *as* content. :P

#22 JAFO

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 19 February 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

if they can't attract new players who are likely to play solo then theyll not stay around long enough to become a team player. think bigger

I do think bigger much bigger. I think people forget about the Dedicated Battletech player base that already exists here. That group alone will expand the player base with team warfare.. Standard PUG's just wants to shoot at anything that moves then in 3 months they will go to the next new game.

Btech players will be here for 10 years and financially support this game.

Edited by JAFO, 19 February 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#23 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Appreciate PGI replying rapidly to this issue tho'...

#24 Squigles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Frankly I'd have rather kept the wait, although I'm probably in the minority.

Best time gaming on MWO since before founders injection, don't think I'll be playing again until MM3 is reinstated. Almost every game was falling between 8-4 and 8-7 and nail biters down to the very end.

So here's to hoping they get the kinks ironed out quickly.

#25 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Don't listen to the haters on this one. It's a big, important system, and anyone who thought this would all "just work" simply doesn't get it. I (and many others) appreciate the quick response.

And to those of you bitching about not being able to sync drop: they've stated a custom game lobby is coming. PGI needs to be focused on the experience of new players instead of catering to the wants and needs of people like us (who will admittedly stick around regardless of how ****** up the game is).

Good on you, and I hope you get it working soon.

Edited by Homeless Bill, 20 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#26 Inviticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostMonky, on 19 February 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Alright, delaying further play until it's back in.

Same here.

Wow....

I didn't expect th ELO to go quite this south.

#27 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Maybe it's time to incorporate strictly PUG vs PUG and GROUP vs GROUP matches. Trying to mix them up seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.

OR allow player to toggle an option in their launch preferences that allows them to choose if they want to be included in group drops or remain strictly PUG vs PUG.

#28 Fireside

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Its probably the wrong time to mention this... Again.. But the whole pugs vs premades drama is a direct result of having no properly integrated voice chat system. Thats it.... The only advantage premades have ever had over pugs is that they can talk to each other.

I realise I should be happy to see any attempted progress on the matter. But Its frustrating watching these devs bail furiously without first attempting to fix the hole in the boat. If we had even a basic launch lobby and voice that was actually part of the game, requiring no external setup. The devs could get on with more important things than some new random match maker.

Edited by Fireside, 19 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#29 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 19 February 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

if they can't attract new players who are likely to play solo then theyll not stay around long enough to become a team player. think bigger

Well put.
Solo drops should be the core of this teambased game, though players are provided every tool necessary to team up right on the battlefield.

Edited by Motroid, 19 February 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#30 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

at least we know they were watching it. They could have started the patch and gone home and not discovered till tomorrow

#31 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostDeaconW, on 19 February 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

I agree...but it seems PGI wants to have complete control over this aspect of the game. Not sure why as other online games view the players and their self-organization *as* content. :)

PGI has road mapped those stages that need to happen to get there, and explained them in the various Ask The Devs as well. Certain things have to be implemented like ELO & CW before we get to that point.

#32 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

They release a huge patch with a new map, new mech and mechanics changes and they get just one thing wrong that they revert within hours.

+1 PGI

#33 Synra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Okay, so I finally started playing again after two months. Still hating ECM, but otherwise I did have a lot of great games today thanks in big part to the new matchmaker.

And then you did this rollback. Every single match after that was horrible. I am not exaggerating. It was one bad experience after another.

Please put the new matchmaker back ASAP.

#34 Darknight99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

To bad I didnt get to try it. Pgi focus on what you need to do because people will be mad regardless. Support and patience is what we need. If you are working late at the office and missing your family I salute you.

#35 Helbourne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I was having more fun than ever with the ELO system in. I sure hope they just put it back in ASAP and not wait for the next patch day or the one after that.

#36 Haitchpeasauce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Sync drops only happen because there's no facility to arrange games. The ELO MM is not addressing the need! Provide a launch lobby, and the synch drops that kill the new player experience will fall off dramatically.

Furthermore, as Fireside said, the lack of comms is the distinct advantage premade groups have over pugs. Providing this will (1) help new players get into the game, as they can ask questions (2) help raise the overall quality of gameplay (3) mitigate the advantage of premades that lead to whitewash outcomes.

Why must PGI insist on having only sanctioned arranged matches for competitive play? Aren't they interested in having more people play the game? This kind of attitude only discourages play.

#37 Killashnikov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Please PGI review the descision not to integrate voice comms. I plyed as a pug for months without them, then joined a merc corp using teamspeak, and the difference is chalk and cheese.

This is a team game and urgently needs pug team comms.

#38 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

But I was having fun.

#39 Wizard LoPan

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostHaitchpeasauce, on 19 February 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Sync drops only happen because there's no facility to arrange games. The ELO MM is not addressing the need! Provide a launch lobby, and the synch drops that kill the new player experience will fall off dramatically..

So very much this, it is just astounding that a basic drop lobby has not been implemented, and doesn't seem to be on PGI's agenda. Althought let's face it, people are synch dropping because when they go in deliberate 8v8, they get rolled, in part because PGI also didn't implement any sort of mech-class matching system either in the 8v8's. So they synch drop to get wins, even if it is against a group of poor uncoordinate PUGs. But agreed, a decent drop lobby would allow two teams to weight match themselves, allow groups of 16 to play against each other, etc.

#40 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

While I apreciate ELO for PUG matches and really apreciate the fast response from PGI side to the proplem that came up with the patch, PGI is missing one point entirely:

The monthlong QQ about pugstomping and syncdropping could be stopped in a win win win situation almost immeditaly with a launch lobby integration.
(And I am explicitly not talking about CW here!)

win for the PUG players as they do not stumble over syncdropping premades anymore

win for the teams as they can finally start some battletech wars on their own

win for PGI by solving an annoying problem for the players, getting more time and data for the implementation of CW and by binding the dedicated battletech lovers to the game by giving being in a corp a reason!

Therefore i propose this:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1668480
this:
http://mwomercs.com/...37#entry1757837
or well go to the guy who made this (Tenbatsu) and show him how to implement the needed launch feature to make his work worth the effort:
http://mwomercs.com/...lobby-solution/

Edited by grayson marik, 19 February 2013 - 09:33 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users